Marine tag required?

island284

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, you are required to buy a marine tag, but you can get them right there when you enter Spice beach. They're good for a year, so hold on to them in case you come back.

I have visited Bonaire many times, the last time was in March when my wife and I went to Klein Bonaire. I have never been asked to buy or seen any mention of marine tags. Usually the ships cruise news and Port information sheets make you aware of any taxes, local charges etc. you need to make while in Port, again, never seen marine tags mentioned.

I have visited Bonaire many times, the last time was in March when my wife and I went to Klein Bonaire. I have never been asked to buy or seen any mention of marine tags. Usually the ships cruise news and Port information sheets make you aware of any taxes, local charges etc. you need to make while in Port, again, never seen marine tags mentioned.

http://stinapabonaire.org/nature-tags/

It does note "Children under 12, passengers of cruise ships, and crews of commercial vessels do not pay for non-SCUBA water activities."

It would appear cruisers are except from the fee as long as they aren't diving.