Diamonds International and MoneyBack refund

CaroleSS

Silly me......I purchased a necklace from DI in November and was told that I could file a claim with MoneyBack and receive a refund of the taxable amount of the purchase. The DI salesman took me to the kiosk himself!

http://www.moneyback.mx

We filled out the paperwork at the kiosk near the entrance to the pier and waited. They "say" that they will refund the amount in 45 days, but as of this writing, it has been 90 and emails to them have gone unanswered.

I have read on TripAdvisor that this is a SCAM.....that the Mexican government sends some refunds (after 6+months) but not all. You have no recourse other than to keep your money.....or make purchases at another port stop.

While I no longer expect a refund, just a word to the wise.....I'd almost guarantee that the salesman at DI knows that the refund won't come.....but it is an easy "over the top" sales pitch.

Just another reason for people to avoid making purchases at DI!!!!

Silly me......I purchased a necklace from DI in November and was told that I could file a claim with MoneyBack and receive a refund of the taxable amount of the purchase. The DI salesman took me to the kiosk himself!

http://www.moneyback.mx

We filled out the paperwork at the kiosk near the entrance to the pier and waited. They "say" that they will refund the amount in 45 days, but as of this writing, it has been 90 and emails to them have gone unanswered.

I have read on TripAdvisor that this is a SCAM.....that the Mexican government sends some refunds (after 6+months) but not all. You have no recourse other than to keep your money.....or make purchases at another port stop.

While I no longer expect a refund, just a word to the wise.....I'd almost guarantee that the salesman at DI knows that the refund won't come.....but it is an easy "over the top" sales pitch.

Just another reason for people to avoid making purchases at DI!!!!

Did the cruise company recommend them, I would write to them. I had an issue a few years back, told me my credit card was denied. When I talked to my credit card company, they said they would not have refused it. Used a different one, got charged twice. I would never shop there.

All the cruise lines recommend DI.....and I only mention their name associated with MoneyBack as the DI salesman took me to the kiosk himself.

I find it impossible to believe that the DI salesman doesn't know that MoneyBack won't send me my money. He mentioned it ONLY to encourage me to make the sale (that one thing that put the purchase over the top). It is a SCAM and I just thought people would want to know.

Granted I LOVE my purchase, would have bought it regardless (even though DI is NOT my favorite store), but I DO think that the DI salesman knew I'd never see the tax refund.

I had the same situation in April of 2014 and got a contact email from some of the paperwork. I persisted and after many promises that the money was coming, I finally received my "rebate" about 6 months after my purchase. At one point I was told that the Mexican government is slower than the US government so it's a very time consuming endeavor but I did get almost $800.

The program is actually a legit shopping incentive--it's just that it seems to take a long time to receive the refund. I did not submit a claim personally, but had a friend who did. It took several months for the refund to arrive.

Previous threads on Cruise Critic have mentioned this.

A quick search brought up this thread. Hope it helps.

All the cruise lines recommend DI.....and I only mention their name associated with MoneyBack as the DI salesman took me to the kiosk himself.

I find it impossible to believe that the DI salesman doesn't know that MoneyBack won't send me my money. He mentioned it ONLY to encourage me to make the sale (that one thing that put the purchase over the top). It is a SCAM and I just thought people would want to know.

Granted I LOVE my purchase, would have bought it regardless (even though DI is NOT my favorite store), but I DO think that the DI salesman knew I'd never see the tax refund.

I have NEVER had a problem with the tax refund. Yes it takes a really long time, more than the 90 days at times, but it always came through.

DI has nothing to do with it. It is the government of Mexico that refunds your tax $$ and we all know how fast any government sends any money owed.;)

There is an email and phone number to call on your receipt/paperwork from that kiosk. I have emailed them once and they actually answered back promptly explaining how it works.

So don't loose hope.

Edited by Arzeena

• 3 weeks later...
I have NEVER had a problem with the tax refund. Yes it takes a really long time, more than the 90 days at times, but it always came through.

DI has nothing to do with it. It is the government of Mexico that refunds your tax $$ and we all know how fast any government sends any money owed.;)

There is an email and phone number to call on your receipt/paperwork from that kiosk. I have emailed them once and they actually answered back promptly explaining how it works.

So don't loose hope.

Hi Arzeena,

I filed paper work with them but I did not carry passport with me at the time they gave me their email address to email them the copy of my US passport once I got home ( I would have gone back to the ship and get the passport and gone back to them but there was only 20 minutes left before the ship leave I did not want to chance missing the ship) however upon returning home I could not locate my paperwork thus I lost their email address.

Could you please send me their email address?

My email is trnkk...at...Comcast...dot..net (not dot com)

Note: I made a purchase at Dimonds International store at the pier in Cozumel!!

Thank very much,

Trnkk

Edited by Trnkk

Hi CaroleSS,

Do you have the email of MoneyBack? Would you please email me their email address?

my email address is trnkk..at...Comcast..dot..net.

Please the post above.

or anyone who happens to have MoneyBack email address please email me!

I just searched my email and found a couple addresses that I thought had been deleted.

info@moneyback.mx

mnavarrete@moneyback.mx

Our cruise was in early April of 2014 and I started messaging in early August wanting a status update and have emails all the way to mid-October when we finally received our refund. Looks like I bugged them at least twice a month.

Hi Arzeena,

I filed paper work with them but I did not carry passport with me at the time they gave me their email address to email them the copy of my US passport once I got home ( I would have gone back to the ship and get the passport and gone back to them but there was only 20 minutes left before the ship leave I did not want to chance missing the ship) however upon returning home I could not locate my paperwork thus I lost their email address.

Could you please send me their email address?

My email is trnkk...at...Comcast...dot..net (not dot com)

Note: I made a purchase at Dimonds International store at the pier in Cozumel!!

Thank very much,

Trnkk

Hi

I will look up my paper work and email you.

(Sorry, I just read this post today.)

Edited by Arzeena

Hi all,

I am posting some information, in case it is of any use to anyone:

This is the email that was provided to me:

info@moneyback.mx

This is the representative that wrote back to me:

mtorres@moneyback.mx

Miguel Ángel Torres

Servicio al Cliente /Customer Services

Adamant Corporation, S.A. de C.V.

This was an address/phone number at the bottom of the email:

Cordillera de los Andes #240

Lomas de Chapultepec

México D.F. 11000

Tel. (+52 55) 52026262

Update:

They finally emailed me with all the infos looks like it's gonna be alright, their email address is Asalgado@moneyback.mx incase anyone needs it!!

Thank you for all the replies you guys are awesome!

Good luck!

And again, I am sorry I just read your post for the email request today, so was not of much help at that time.

• 3 months later...

I made a purchase at DI back on Nov 10, 2016.....and finally got my money on May 12, 2017!! PLUS that was only after numerous emails with them. I didn't have my folio number, but sent a copy of my DI receipt and the form that I filled out at the booth.

My sister also made a purchase, but had lost her form, so I gave them her passport number and the agent looked up her folio number for us and processed it as well.

I sent my original email to them on 4/9 and got money about a month later. My original email was to info@moneyback.mx, but worked with asalgado@moneyback.mx (Alexis) who was very helpful.

I get the impression that you don't get your money 'automatically', but only if you ask for it (repeatedly).

• 1 month later...