Paradise Beach

ktbyrd79

Their website says that I will need to spend $10 on food and drink while I am at the resort. Do they keep track of it? Like if I spent $4 then went back and got something else. Or do I need to spend the whole $10 right when I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Our traveling crew of 12 (including kids 5-15) went during the first week of April. Here's our experience.

We were off the ship at 9AMand on Paradise Beach by 10AM.

If you’re interested in a passport stamp, get it in the morning because it closes in the afternoon.

Taxi rides were $20 for 4, $25 for 5, and $30 for 8. We tried getting a van to transport the 12 of us together, but we couldn’t find a better deal so we just used the taxi service. Once arriving at Paradise, it was a $3 admission for some of us and the $18 additional upcharge for the inflatable fun…my husband and our boys did this. I’m not a good swimmer so I watched/filmed them from waist-deep water.

It was a super crowded day at Paradise, there were 2 other Carnival ships in port with us (Triumph and Freedom)…I don’t know if there was more. We were about 5 rows from the shoreline, and a short walk to theParadise beach pool and the bar. The beach club itself was nice. Clean bathrooms, nice facilities. We had Fernando assigned as our waiter for the day, and he was always close by if we needed anything. From our seats, we had a great view of all the water toys and an even better view of the launching pad…there’s this inflatable where one person can lay while another jumps off to launch the first person in the air. Every time someone was air-bound, it seemed as if the entire beach was watching to cheer them on. My family had the greatest time on the inflatables. When it wasn’t too busy, I hopped on one of the float decks to catch some sun, watch my family,and play with the nephews and nieces that came along with us on this trip. This place was really fun!

We ordered an assortment of nachos, burritos, fries and chicken tenders from the kitchen. Everything came out hot and good. I loved the chicken nachos and the guacamole from Paradise Beach was super good. Our boys loved their burritos. We ordered margaritas and some other tropical drinks, and they were all solid, too. Some of the kids got virgin margaritas and they enjoyed them. Food and drinks were good here. I liked that Fernando was never pushy about getting our group to buy anything. He just let us come and go as we pleased. I think our group spent at least $200 while we were there…not bad for 12 people (5 adults, 2 teens, and 5 kids).

After spending much of the morning and afternoon at the beach, we decided to spend our last hour in the pool. The pool was great. I especially loved the chaise lounges that were in the pool, where you can lay comfortably and get cool from the pool’s water. We had brought along a football and the kids enjoyed playing some catch with the adults.

It’s worth noting that as we were leaving at the end of the day, Paradise Beach was having some technical difficulty. The facility had lost their water service. No water in the bathrooms,no water for their rinse-off showers. I’m just glad I had plenty of hand sanitizer and Wipe-Off hand sanitizing wipes. WiFi was spotty, too. I had some issues trying to upload a video of my husband launching one of our sons from the launching pad in the water.

When we were ready to go back to port, taxis were readily accessible at the exit.

Overall, we had a great day. We were super happy with Paradise Beach and would come back if we find ourselves in Cozumel, again.

• 2 weeks later...