Catamaran for family

derksta100

Will be in Cozumel end of April with a large family group (9 people). Looking for a great tour company that can hook us up with a catamaran and then maybe some shopping and dinner after. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
try shore excursioneer dot com . We booked a private tour for 15 of us and are also going in April.

Hi Roxxy :)

A bunch of us are going in May, can you post a review of shore excursioneer when you return?

Or, anyone else that has already used them...can you give your opinions? :confused:

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

We did the "Best Cozumel Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Excursion" two years ago ($50 +/-) and really enjoyed it. We took a short cab ride to the pre-arranged spot to meet the captain. Once everyone else arrived we took off. The snorkeling spots themselves where not as good as some other ports we've been too but it was better than previous shore snorkeling in Coz that we've done. The crew was great, the catamaran ride was wonderful and the drinks and snacks were good too. We'd do it again.

Hi Roxxy :)

A bunch of us are going in May, can you post a review of shore excursioneer when you return?

Or, anyone else that has already used them...can you give your opinions? :confused:

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

Hi Jeff,

We just returned and had a great time on the double decker Morning Star Catamaran. We had 19 people and they provided a crew of 5 locals. The owner (Ron) was there to greet us upon boarding and was very accommodating. I had him provide us with lunch and add it to our costs. Lunch was nothing to write home about but it did the trick. Drinks were flowing and they were very courteous.

They took us to two snorkel stops (20 min ea) and then to a sandbar where there was starfish and stingrays. Everyone had a blast. If you decide to book them, I would suggest bringing your own tunes though - their collection was pretty old.

It was 4 hours and they waited for some of our late comers off the ship too .

Very memorable day. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hi Jeff,

We just returned and had a great time on the double decker Morning Star Catamaran. We had 19 people and they provided a crew of 5 locals. The owner (Ron) was there to greet us upon boarding and was very accommodating. I had him provide us with lunch and add it to our costs. Lunch was nothing to write home about but it did the trick. Drinks were flowing and they were very courteous.

They took us to two snorkel stops (20 min ea) and then to a sandbar where there was starfish and stingrays. Everyone had a blast. If you decide to book them, I would suggest bringing your own tunes though - their collection was pretty old.

It was 4 hours and they waited for some of our late comers off the ship too .

Very memorable day. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me! :)

What did they give you guys for lunch, and how much did they charge you? :confused:

Jeff :cool:

Hey, thanks for getting back to me! :)

What did they give you guys for lunch, and how much did they charge you? :confused:

Jeff :cool:

They charged $68 US/pp which included an extra $10 for lunch. They served donuts, some buns, cold cuts, processed cheese slices, nacho chips and avocado dip. And of course the drinks were free flowing. I think they may have a minimum 15 people for booking. The cat is huge and I'm sure holds 80 people. The tour was 4 hours.

Taxi to the pier (7 minutes) was $15 and we fit 9 in each cab.

They charged $68 US/pp which included an extra $10 for lunch. They served donuts, some buns, cold cuts, processed cheese slices, nacho chips and avocado dip. And of course the drinks were free flowing. I think they may have a minimum 15 people for booking. The cat is huge and I'm sure holds 80 people. The tour was 4 hours.

Taxi to the pier (7 minutes) was $15 and we fit 9 in each cab.

Thank you!! :cool: