Pixels price going back down is what i was just told.

Just posted by John:

I wanted to share this with you regarding Pixels Packages

Effective today, our new Pixels pre-cruise photo packages are returning to their introductory pricing. To balance the strong popularity of the most premium package with the onboard photo center resources, there will be a cap on the number of copies guests can order of their unlimited photos to a maximum of 50 prints or 50 digital files. The other two packages remain the same.

In addition, in response to guests’ requests, we are now making these packages available to guests onboard on embarkation day only at special rates (Pixels Essentials: $119.98; Pixels: $239.98; and Pixels Plus: $299.98).

For those guests who had purchased the Pixels photo packages from April 16 -18, we will offer an onboard credit for the difference in price. We will also honor the original Pixels Plus Digital package for those who purchased it before today.

We appreciate our guests’ feedback and are happy that we can provide this great opportunity to preserve their cruise memories with photo packages that meet their needs.

So there you go.

Please let me have your feedback and please do take advantage of these superb photo packages soon

Cheers

The screen shot and what he's saying doesn't seem to jive. It looks to me like in the screen shot you can get all the digital images + 50 printed but it sounds like he's saying you can get 50 printed or 50 digital.

Just looking at what's posted above.

The screen shot and what he's saying doesn't seem to jive. It looks to me like in the screen shot you can get all the digital images + 50 printed but it sounds like he's saying you can get 50 printed or 50 digital.

I read it as you get all digital files and 50 printed photos on shops that have the digital galleries. On all other ships, you get 50 printed pictures and those same 50 pictures in digital files (USB drive).

I just spoke with Carnival fun shops and they stated that it was 50 of each. That doesn't sound like unlimited to me.

I saw this coming. I bought the original package the second I saw it and told my vacation buddies to do the same because it would not last at that price. I hope the still honor it when I sail in the summer.

What I don’t understand is why they don’t just sell the package as is in digital only. We had that on our only Royal Cruise we took and were very happy with the 170 digital pictures we received on the last day on a USB stick. I won’t say no to the prints and I am not sure what they are losing as they print every picture anyways and then throw them out. Go to digital only system and avoid these headaches and prob lower the overall cost of offering this service al together

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I don’t understand is why they don’t just sell the package as is in digital only.

That's what the mid level $200 package is on the ships with the digital gallery... all your photos, in digital format. For $250, you get all your digital photos, plus 50 prints.

The confusionis on the ships that haven't gotten the digital gallery yet (most ships). Until they are converted, they are the old style gallery where the photos are all printed, whether you buy them or not. If you don't buy them, they get trashed/recycled. Selling packages to get more money out of most customers and letting customers take all their printed photos home instead of trashing them makes Carnival more money and saves them the paper waste. This is why no one understood the sudden price increase. It was price gouging plain and simple. Carnival still prints the photos whether you buy the packages or not. Raising the price was a money grab, plain and simple. I don't believe for a second that it was an introductory price. That's just the excuse they gave to try to save face.

The issue was people taking advantage and getting extra photos taken and printed on the digital ships as well as people doing extra photos on the non-digital ships. The 50 printed limit on the digital ships will limit Carnival's loss from that. Digital photos are pretty much free, excepting the cost of the camera and salaries of the photographer, which also exist on the printed galleries anyway. On the printed ships, there will be people getting more pictures taken, which means more printed photos, which means more paper cost. However, this should easily be offset by more people buying the packages.

Until they put the adjusted packages in the funshops store and we can read the fine print, we won't know exactly what the details are for the new packages. Since John Heald removed the post with the images that were copied to this thread, I'm wondering if they are still adjusting the fine print for what we actually get with each package.

The way I read it is this for the $250 package:

On ships with digital galleries:

Unlimited digital pictures plus 50 printouts. This limits the printouts they pay for.

On ships with hard copy galleries:

Unlimited printed photos plus pick 50 to get digitally on usb.

This limit saves on labor needed to put the pictures on usb. With people getting 400 pictures they were apparently having issues getting all the pictures transferred in time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Ok so now that the funshops have been updated again, it is all your digital files and 50 prints on digital ships; while it is all your printed images and 50 digital files on all other ships.

I just purchased it for an upcoming cruise before they have a chance to restrict it further.

The question I still have is what is the resolution of the digital pictures? If they are 2400 x 3000, that is tolerable resolution for printing. To make truly professional photo quality 8 x 10 prints, the resolution needs to be at least double that.

The question I still have is what is the resolution of the digital pictures? If they are 2400 x 3000, that is tolerable resolution for printing. To make truly professional photo quality 8 x 10 prints, the resolution needs to be at least double that.

They use professional, high end cameras from Nikon and Canon. I don’t believe they reduce the resolution, so they should be between 18 and 24 MP depending on the camera. They may adjust to some standard resolution spec for photos in which they add the colorful borders though.

Regardless, the resolution will be plenty high enough for 8x10s. I have an 18MP Canon myself and have made prints as large as 20x30. Even on those, you can’t see any blur or pixel structure even at 2” away. Of course, that has as much to Do with how they’re printed. Printing them at Walmart or CVS (or someone’s home inkjet) is not going to give the same quality as a professional photo service.

Can someone remind me approximately how much the pictures are each?

I know we usually end up buying more than we set out too because often they are just so good and we can't decide which to leave behind. We normally always get a family portrait and my daughters just love to pose at the different scenes set up.

I was considering the $199 pre-embarkation. Just wondering if it is worth it. Thanks