Newly Minted Platinum! Need WiFi Minutes Info

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:47 PM.
#1
Southern New Jersey
903 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Hi everyone,
We have just graduated to Platinum cruisers. We are doing a short 5 night cruise in January and wondered about the free WiFi minutes? Is the 150 minutes reduced because we are only 5 nights and is it a per person perk or per cabin? We went thru a lot on minutes on the Majestic last May and will buy more minutes before we leave if necessary.
#2
South Florida & Shenandoah Valley, VA
5,480 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
The perk is per qualified passenger. According to the Princess website (https://book.princess.com/captaincir...enefits.page):

Complimentary Internet Credit
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

  • Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes
#3
Australia
1,309 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Originally posted by turquoisesea
Hi everyone,
We have just graduated to Platinum cruisers. We are doing a short 5 night cruise in January and wondered about the free WiFi minutes? Is the 150 minutes reduced because we are only 5 nights and is it a per person perk or per cabin? We went thru a lot on minutes on the Majestic last May and will buy more minutes before we leave if necessary.
You'll get 150 minutes each. Some people forget to log out properly and end up losing minutes accidentally. Be sure you disconnect correctly every time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#5
I come from a land down under
23,812 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Yep 150 per platinum on a five day cruise. So if one plat, one not it’s only 150 if both are Plat 150 each.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



#6
USA
7,054 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by wishfulone
You'll get 150 minutes each. Some people forget to log out properly and end up losing minutes accidentally. Be sure you disconnect correctly every time.
Have done that a time or two. When this happens we find the internet manager and do get most of our minutes back.
#7
Raleigh, N.C.
12,293 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Another way to make your minutes last is to open new tabs for emails you want to read, then sign out, read them offline, write a response in Word to copy and paste, then sign back on to send it.
#8
Oakville, ON
2,543 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by geoherb
Another way to make your minutes last is to open new tabs for emails you want to read, then sign out, read them offline, write a response in Word to copy and paste, then sign back on to send it.
As I start this, I suppose you are using webmail. If using MS Outlook, don't need Word. Just compose your replies and outgoing emails in Outlook and they sit in OUTBOX until next time you connect.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
1. Island Princess - 60-night Grand South America, Jan 24/18.
2. Majestic Princess - 13-night NZ (out of SYD) - March, 2019 (We'll see...booked w/Cyber Sale)
#9
FL
24 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
The other nice thing with the internet time is that we get an option to buy additional time (only when we do the first log-in) at a great rate! I think I bought an extra 200 minutes for $40 on my last cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
45+ cruises & continually adding to that!! Lines sailed: Princess, Carnival, Holland America, RCI, Norwegian, Premier, Dolphin, Regency
#10
Las Vegas
11,245 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by turquoisesea
Hi everyone,
We have just graduated to Platinum cruisers. We are doing a short 5 night cruise in January and wondered about the free WiFi minutes? Is the 150 minutes reduced because we are only 5 nights and is it a per person perk or per cabin? We went thru a lot on minutes on the Majestic last May and will buy more minutes before we leave if necessary.
You could have typed "Princess Platinum Perks" into Google.

DON