Live From Silver Spirit - January 7, 2016 Sailing

Keith1010

For those still checking this live thread should you wish to read my review from our recent sailing please be sure to check it out here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48802758#post48802758

Also, if I can help with any questions, please let me know.

Keith

Keith,

As your reviews are so complete, interesting and are a useful resource, have you thought of including a set of permanent links in your post footer to say your last three or five reviews?

This would generate more permanent interest and might also assist your other interest in encouraging others to take the trouble to do them.

Just a thought!

:)

Jeff

Rainy and cool here in Southern blighty .....

Hi Keith

We are sailing on the Spirit March 31. Have been on Whisper and on Wind in the past. We have a question for you on the TV the way you explained how it works I guess no way to plug in a USB drive or a HDMI cable ?? Older ships have flat screens so you could do it.

THXS Steve

Steve, on the TV itself you could not do it as it was built into the mirror.

Towards the very right hand of the desk area there were a lot of plugs and they actually looked like plugs that would accommodate various cables but I never tried them out and have no idea what they were for so I would bring your cable just in case.

Keith

Hi Keith

We are sailing on the Spirit March 31. Have been on Whisper and on Wind in the past. We have a question for you on the TV the way you explained how it works I guess no way to plug in a USB drive or a HDMI cable ?? Older ships have flat screens so you could do it.

THXS Steve

The ports Keith refers to do accept a USB cable, and I was able to use the port to charge my phone, but it is not clear that it is an input for the TV. I would go into My Silversea and send a request to get information about it. They are very responsive.

The ports Keith refers to do accept a USB cable, and I was able to use the port to charge my phone, but it is not clear that it is an input for the TV. I would go into My Silversea and send a request to get information about it. They are very responsive.

They said they do not know . Not going to cancel my cruise for that :D

We have a Portable Pocket Projector that works great last time we watch on deck at night had a lot of people watching with us .

Other thing we wanted to ask NO hot rocks ???

The TV's in the Silver Suites have a HDMI and USB outlet as they are free standing.

Also, "Hot Rocks" is now called the grill.

This is day 3 of our voyage and we've dined both nights in the restaurant and the food has been fabulous.

We will also be on your voyage on March 31st :)

The TV's in the Silver Suites have a HDMI and USB outlet as they are free standing.

This is day 3 of our voyage and we've dined both nights in the restaurant and the food has been fabulous.

Thxs for the good news. We loved dining on deck at night.

We have a Vista Suite now but hoping the ship is somewhat-empty then a upgrade :confused: . Last time it happened

We will have to meet up for drinks .

Steve and Linda

Not to hijacks Keith's thread, but the cruise out of ft ldle on March 31 which is granted, a long way away, still has 51 cabins available, according to a TA I asked. There are 7 vistas. (We are on the next cruise, and there are 39 cabins still available, but no vistas)

Don't know how that portends for an upgrade, but good luck.

Hot Rocks is now called The Grill, except on Silver Muse where The Grill will be called Hot Rocks. Go figure.