St. Lucia and Barbados for Eastern Carib?

az-cruiser

There are enough southern Caribbean cruises that are already going to St. Lucia and Barbados (NCL and other lines) that I would never expect them to even attempt those islands. They can only accept so many ships in one day. That's why I can't imagine what a mind boggling jigsaw puzzle this is for all of the cruise lines. We're on a 10 day southern route in March and at this point 4 of our 6 ports are heavily damaged or destroyed. Only St. Lucia and Barbados are currently even open. Not sure when we'll find out where we're going. Doesn't really matter I guess. Compared to the destruction and devastation on those islands and their resources for getting back on their feet...I'd be grateful to take a cruise to nowhere.

everyone one of us and yes, me included right now are thinking, gee wouldn't this be a nice itinerary or who how is this inpacting me. Like you mention, there are so many ships involved, so few choices and some of these islands are very small. This entire mess must be a total nightmare for those involved, not to mention the loss of money, to the cruise lines as well as the people depending on tourism for survival.

everyone one of us and yes, me included right now are thinking, gee wouldn't this be a nice itinerary or who how is this inpacting me. Like you mention, there are so many ships involved, so few choices and some of these islands are very small. This entire mess must be a total nightmare for those involved, not to mention the loss of money, to the cruise lines as well as the people depending on tourism for survival.
Yes, we're on the March 23rd Jade sailing. I saw something yesterday that an official in St. Thomas was hoping to reopen to ships in January. That is ambitious but I can't imagine the money they are losing. Such as vicious circle to depend on tourism when something like this happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk