Bookings open for the plebs (Apr-Jul 2020)

Harry Peterson

Delighted to have had a confirmation call from the TA this morning with confirmation of our first choice (and it was a very limited choice too).

I'm just an Atlantic tier pleb, so I'd more or less written off the chances of getting what we wanted - a nice surprise, and all credit to the TA.

Thanks too for the earlier advice on these forums about the best way to get a specific cabin/suite by using a TA.

New to me, this idea of booking so far ahead - I'll be interested to see if it works out better than my normal method, though I do agree that it provides a lot more certainty!

Others getting good news too?

Yes, TA seems to be the way to go in this situation, We got our first choice on Iona last week through a TA. I never book with P&O because I don't trust their it to do it correctly and you always seem to get offered a poor choice of cabins through their booking system.

I've just tried a dummy booking on the P&O website for a cruise in October 2020 - got to the end and it didn't give me any OBC at all! I know I selected car parking as my select benefit but the last 3 years I've had parking and OBC! On the site it says "up to £40 OBC" next to my cabin choice!

Not going to book for a week or two anyway but thought it strange!

I've just tried a dummy booking on the P&O website for a cruise in October 2020 - got to the end and it didn't give me any OBC at all! I know I selected car parking as my select benefit but the last 3 years I've had parking and OBC! On the site it says "up to £40 OBC" next to my cabin choice!

When the site says "up to" it generally means that amount is available if you choose to take it rather than having parking or coach travel. You get parking and OBC when there is an "extra OBC" deal.

I've jut ad a look at some autumn 2018 itineraries and they too are offering obc or parking or coach, not two of the three so no change there for 2020 compared with now. When I read your post P&O Sue my immediate thought was 'here's one of the little claw backs after the gratuities issue' but it looks as though it's not changed. I think Josy has the answer - that sometimes there is extra obc offered in a deal. But perhaps we could be seeing less of those in the future.

All of the launch information clearly stated OBC or Parking or Coach Travel. Don't forget gratuities are included :D.

When the site says "up to" it generally means that amount is available if you choose to take it rather than having parking or coach travel. You get parking and OBC when there is an "extra OBC" deal.

Yes on launch deals you only get OBC or Car Parking or Coach. I always book on day one and have never had both. Well not in the last 3/4 years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This morning I booked Arcadia J014, October 2020. I rang the freephone number at 8.00 am and had to hang on for about 15 minutes.

I then spoke to a lovely guy called Andy. He got the booking, including our choice of cabin, sorted very quickly, and I received our confirmation email within ten minutes.

I asked for free car parking, which is what we have done on our previous cruises and also for our 2019 cruise.

Andy then told me that we also had on board credit of £75.00 each! Apparently it is a thank you from P & O for our custom and it seems there was a notification against our names on their system.

Up to now we have we have done six cruises and are on the Atlantic tier. Following our 2019 cruise we will be "promoted" to the Mediterranean tier so it seems that even "plebs" can receive little perks.

Quite a few people on various Facebook groups post negative comments about the P&O booking system and seem to prefer booking with TA's. Our experience this year and in previous years, including one booking whilst on board, has always been a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums