Iron and Ironing Boards

No, but certain ships will have a self serve laundry room with irons.

Wrong.

Royal Caribbean does not provide self-service laundry.

However they will launder, dry clean or press your clothing for you for a very reasonable price!

No irons allowed and no self serve laundry on any RCI ship.

The pressing and dry cleaning service is very affordable and what I prefer for getting the wrinkles out. Others will buy a product like Downy Wrinkle Release and use that. Still others will hang their clothes in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot and try to steam the wrinkles out. Using the bathroom seems like such a waste of water and utilities to me.

On our recent cruise (July) they confiscated the irons from those passengers who brought them aboard. When we came back to PC, there was a table where I guess they could claim their irons back... (There was actually about a dozen or so on the table...)

RCI has VERY reasonable pressing prices and you will get back same day...we do this ALL the time now. As my dresses, I'd prefer them to iron quite honestly, as oppose to me...I might burn them..lol The press only prices are cheaper then what I pay here and DH loves taking only a few pairs of pants and having them perfectly dry cleaned onboard and returned same day...so use the launder service...worth it IMO.

No, but certain ships will have a self serve laundry room with irons.

No irons are permitted on any RCI ship and no RCI ship has ever had a self-service laundry.:rolleyes: Laundry service is available and we have always found it to be convenient and as reasonable as anything available at home. Small items can be laundered in your stateroom and hung on the laundry line there as well. :)

You are NOT allowed to iron on an RCI ship--they want you to send your wrinkled things to them (for a fee) to have pressed!

Or you can use a wrinkle release spray or put up with a few wrinkles. Just because you see a profit motive rather than a safety concern doesn't make it so.:rolleyes: As many others have noted, the charges for pressing are more reasonable than your local dry cleaners or laundry will charge for those services.:)

I took my brand new travel steamer/iron on board in my suitcase unaware that RC banned them. I just sprayed steam over my clothes while they were on a hanger. I would have had to pay for pressing every day otherwise as I have a lot of linen clothes and my husband and daughter have some linen things too.

Or you can use a wrinkle release spray or put up with a few wrinkles. Just because you see a profit motive rather than a safety concern doesn't make it so.:rolleyes: As many others have noted, the charges for pressing are more reasonable than your local dry cleaners or laundry will charge for those services.:)

Its not reasonable when there is 2 suitcase full of clothes that need ironing. I have said before its not a safety issue it a profit issue otherwise they would ban other items that are more powerful than irons.

Instead of a standard suitcase, we have a large rolling garment bag that fits quite a few items. Everything that needs to be hung on a hanger goes in there, stuff that we can fold goes into our standard suitcase.

All the hanging stuff has a dry cleaner bag over it. Even some of our folded stuff (in packing folders) has dry cleaner bags layered. You can do the same thing with plain tissue paper. Our stuff comes out fine, no wrinkles and no need for smelly sprays or steamers.

Its not reasonable when there is 2 suitcase full of clothes that need ironing. I have said before its not a safety issue it a profit issue otherwise they would ban other items that are more powerful than irons.

Then you are not packing properly if you have two cases full of clothes that need to be ironed.;)

I'm going to sail after 2 weeks holiday in Orlando, and for sure will i need my iron. Will it be better to tell them that i have an iron in my suitcase or leave it to them to find it??

What part of "irons are not allowed" is up for debate??

From the rccl website:

What Not To Pack

For the safely of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard and will be confiscated upon being found: Electrical Transformers, Coffee Makers, Candles, Irons, Illegal Drugs, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, such as fireworks. For security purposes, we also recommend not packing any valuables (such as jewelry) in your checked luggage.

I'm going to sail after 2 weeks holiday in Orlando, and for sure will i need my iron. Will it be better to tell them that i have an iron in my suitcase or leave it to them to find it??

Did you read this entire thread? Irons are forbidden and removed from luggage; they are not allowed to be used.

An alternative that works for me is to roll my clothing instead of folding. Also, you can hang your clothing in the bathroom while showering; the steam helps to release some of the wrinkles. It's not as effective as ironing, but it's worth a try. :)

If on your holiday in Orlando, you'll be at a hotel, housekeeping will be able to provide you with an iron and ironing board.

Irons are not allowed on the ships - why is this always so difficult for people to understand?? And why would you want to iron while your on a cruise anyway????

Two suitcases "full of clothes that need ironing"? Perhaps some packing instructions might help you reduce that total.:rolleyes: Rationalize all you will, it is their fleet and they get to make the rules, and whether or not you choose to accept their reasons, you agree to abide by their policies as part of the cruise contract. As others have said, you have other options available to you including wrinkle release sprays or living with a few wrinkles, or ultimately choosing to sail with another company that doesn't ban irons. Frankly I feel a bit safer knowing that they have taken at least one step to minimize the chance of a deadly fire occurring onboard my next cruise.

Frankly I feel a bit safer knowing that they have taken at least one step to minimize the chance of a deadly fire occurring onboard my next cruise.

I agree with you here, but then again there are always those who come here and brag that they got their "smuggled" iron or candles through in their luggage. *sigh*

Doesn't matter, either way you lose the iron.Forbidden is the word RCI uses.

No irons allowed and no self serve laundry on any RCI ship.

The pressing and dry cleaning service is very affordable and what I prefer for getting the wrinkles out. Others will buy a product like Downy Wrinkle Release and use that. Still others will hang their clothes in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot and try to steam the wrinkles out. Using the bathroom seems like such a waste of water and utilities to me.

Not if you are taking a shower!!!!! :eek: :confused: That's what most people do and are suggesting.

Archived