Anyone heard of any changes for Dawn cruise out of San Juan on jan7

travelmama06

I realize the cruise industry is trying their best to rearrange itineraries as a result of the storms and there are still more hurricanes making landfall !

My question is - has anyone heard anything about NCL DAWN ON JAN 7?

Our final payment is due in less than 2 weeks and wondering if we have any major changes?!

Praying for the residents of the islands affected !!

Just received an email from NCL stating that they should have new ports in place and will contact us in about 2 weeks. We only have 3 weeks left till our final payment is due.

If NCL doesn't have new ports decided by then , I will ask for an extension on final payment till we know for sure. Not sure if they will accommodate us?

RCI and Carnival have Southern Carribbean iterneraries that sale weekly. They replaced St Maarten and St Thomas with St Kitts, Antigua, Dominica, and St Croix (depending on the sailing). I think this gives us some clues. However, now with Maria barreling down on PR I most worried about having a port to leave from. We are on the 11/19 sailing so our final payment was due before all these storms so all we can do is watch and wait...

Based on all reports out of the area it is pretty safe to assume that you are not going to St. Thomas or St. Maarten. Hard to say about any others until Maria gets out of the area. She is more powerful than Irma, but doesn't have as many islands in a direct path.

I know it is petty of us to worry about our cruise when other peoples lives are at stake and everything they own could possibly disappear. I keep having to remind myself of how lucky we are that we are not facing the wrath of these hurricanes like others are. Yes, it will definitely impact our upcoming cruise and I have concerns about that, but I keep telling myself that we are lucky not to be face-to-face with the storm itself.

We too received the same email from NCL regarding our New Year cruise on the Dawn. Unfortunately, even if they have already made planned changes, I guess they would not want to release them now with Maria once again set to devastate the Caribbean islands.

We already suspect that three of our ports were likely to be replaced - Tortola, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. We thought them likely to be adding St. Croix, Guadaloupe, and Dominica (we already are set to visit St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Martinique. This is all assuming of course that San Juan is left in good shape after Maria, since the Dawn is set to sail out of there for a few months this winter. Looking more and more like they may need to switch to the ABC islands if more islands are badly damaged.

Since our cruise is a holiday cruise, final payment is long gone even though we are 100 days out still. Non-refundable airfares are booked and paid in full. Money is already paid to Airbnb for our stay in San Juan prior to our cruise. Just praying that all down there weathering the storms are safe and that minimal damage is done to the islands.

...Our final payment is due in less than 2 weeks and wondering if we have any major changes?!

I would wait at least another week or so.

Pretty sure they have ZERO idea what the impact will be at this point in time. Though I know you are concerned with the folks there, I get how it is important in your decision.

(personally... I might considering doing a cancel - unless NCL has some other change in policy)

Also Dominica has had extensive damage from Maria.

I was about to say that: how sad all this is: I haven't had the news on yet this morning, but am pretty sure San Juan is getting or has gotten hit as well. I do know, as of 9pm last night the rain was awful there and the hurricane due to hit soon. I think, at this stage, we can do nothing but sit and wait until the season is over. Tech the hurricane season isn't over until the end of November, but in reality the worst shoud be gone in a couple more weeks.

Just watching news of Maria in Puerto Rico - it looks horrible - I feel for the residents and business owners etc.

If cruise cannnot depart from San Juan would they change departure port, cancel cruise - any thoughts - any experience if this happening to someone with previous cruise possible for different reasons ??

I realize the cruise industry is trying their best to rearrange itineraries as a result of the storms and there are still more hurricanes making landfall !

My question is - has anyone heard anything about NCL DAWN ON JAN 7?

Our final payment is due in less than 2 weeks and wondering if we have any major changes?!

The e-mail NCL sent out yesterday said they would have info for us in 2 weeks, which would make it around Oct. 3/4 time frame. Final payment is not due until 10/9, so you should be able to make an informed decision. I'm not sure who told you that your final payment was due in less than 2 weeks, but I know for a fact that the final payment date is 10/9. If you are going through a TA, they may have their own "rules" about when final payment is due.

On NCL final payment date varies based on the cabin type. Suites have final payment dates of 120 days while insides are 75 days. Although it doesn't pertain to the question, holiday sailings also have differet final payment dates.

We sail out of Puerto Rico on 11/19 on the Dawn and are anxiously awaiting news from the island. Our neice and her three children were air evacuated yesterday afternoon while her husband, who is an FBI agent stayed behind to help with security. They live near San Juan. Weatherundergroud reported 91 mph winds at peak at the airport. This is encouraging news.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

On NCL final payment date varies based on the cabin type. Suites have final payment dates of 120 days while insides are 75 days. Although it doesn't pertain to the question, holiday sailings also have differet final payment dates.

We sail out of Puerto Rico on 11/19 on the Dawn and are anxiously awaiting news from the island. Our neice and her three children were air evacuated yesterday afternoon while her husband, who is an FBI agent stayed behind to help with security. They live near San Juan. Weatherundergroud reported 91 mph winds at peak at the airport. This is encouraging news.

I do need to make a small correction to the final payment dates. On NCL'S page, there have been changes made for final payment dates for categories less than suite/haven level and it is based on the day you booked. Some shorter cruises, on some ships, booked far out, may be 60 days, but many are 75-90 days now. We book 1 1/2 to 2 years in advance and cruise in suites, so we have been at 120 days for many years now.

Interesting about final payment date - we are booked in a balcony stateroom and my documents from ta say Oct 2 for cruise on Dawn from Puerto Rico to Tampa - 10 days !

I'm going to push for Oct 9 since ncl is planning on giving info around oct 3/4 and ncl requires payment oct 9 -

Maybe have to cancel with Ta and rebook with ncl ??

Grasping at straws ??!!

My wife and I are booked for the 1/7 repo cruise as well; looking at the damage they have suffered in PR, I can't for the life of me see them basing the Dawn out of San Juan at all for the next few months. 1) any available port they have open is going to be needed for getting supplies in there; 2) how are they going to be able to restock a ship if there will be a challenge getting fuel/food to the citizens there and 3) how, with the devastation to the power grid can there be any consideration that enough power will be restored that hotels and infrastructure can handle the influx of passengers needing rooms/transportation. If I were a betting man, and I know I have been wrong more than once, it wouldn't shock me to see the Dawn moved to Tampa early rather than San Juan.

Who knows what is going to happen. San Juan took a direct hit by a CAT4 storm. The entire island if PR is without power or communication ability. It's not like on the mainland where you can have utility crews come from all over to assist with repairs and cleanup. Everything has to come by barge from the mainland. the port may be up and running in a couple of weeks or it might be months.

Anyone who has anythng booked in the Eastern Caribbean right now is just going to have to be patient and flexible.

looks like the entire island will be without power for up to months. I don't think, if I were sailing in or out of San Juan in the next 6 months I would plan on the cruise keeping anywhere near the itinerary planned or the port being open. I am sure NCL will let everyone know as soon as possible.