partagas cigar factory tours

skateycat

looking for info from anyone who has done this. apparently they have moved the factory. sounds like you have to go to a hotel to buy a ticket for the tour for $10CUC? any advice is appreciated. hubby is a cigar aficionado and likes the gloria cubana brand which is made at partagas. thanks in advance...oh. we will be in havana may 10 and 11.

• 4 weeks later...
looking for info from anyone who has done this. apparently they have moved the factory. sounds like you have to go to a hotel to buy a ticket for the tour for $10CUC? any advice is appreciated. hubby is a cigar aficionado and likes the gloria cubana brand which is made at partagas. thanks in advance...oh. we will be in havana may 10 and 11.

Just checking to see if you and your husband visited the factory? Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated! My husband is also a fan and we hope to do this in July before our afternoon tour.

• 4 weeks later...
Just checking to see if you and your husband visited the factory? Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated! My husband is also a fan and we hope to do this in July before our afternoon tour.

We cruise next week but from what I have been researching you buy the tickets at the Saratoga Hotel (possibly other hotels as well) but the tours are only from 9-1pm so you want to go as soon as you get to Havana to get the tickets. There is a store there in the factory, bottom floor around the corner from what I have read. You can also buy legit cigars at any LCDH.

We cruise next week but from what I have been researching you buy the tickets at the Saratoga Hotel (possibly other hotels as well) but the tours are only from 9-1pm so you want to go as soon as you get to Havana to get the tickets. There is a store there in the factory, bottom floor around the corner from what I have read. You can also buy legit cigars at any LCDH.

Awesome, thanks so much. If you happen to think of it and have the time, I would love to hear about your experience and how it went when you get back (where you actually got the tickets, how you got there, what you paid, etc.).

Have an AMAZING time!!

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome, thanks so much. If you happen to think of it and have the time, I would love to hear about your experience and how it went when you get back (where you actually got the tickets, how you got there, what you paid, etc.).

Have an AMAZING time!!

Hi! Okay, so Partagas Factory does not have a store, but you can go to the Romeo y Julieta cigar store about a block before the Partagas Factory. Are you talking a tour? Your tour guide should know where to take you. It was MOBBED. Rum and cigars. They may try to sell you cigars cheaper out of box in plastic bags, we said yes to this to get more cigars. We watched them, they just took the cigars out of box and into plastic bags and sealed in right in front of us.

Partagas ticket is $10 but we didn't even buy tickets, our tour guide just called a friend who works and he took us inside and gave us a private tour, so I paid him the $20. Can't bring a bag or camera, so make sure you carry your passport/cash and lock up your bag or leave with your guide. Good tour, lots of stairs up and down. About 35 mins or so. Interesting tour - sad to hear how the workers make so little and work so hard.

Hi! Okay, so Partagas Factory does not have a store, but you can go to the Romeo y Julieta cigar store about a block before the Partagas Factory. Are you talking a tour? Your tour guide should know where to take you. It was MOBBED. Rum and cigars. They may try to sell you cigars cheaper out of box in plastic bags, we said yes to this to get more cigars. We watched them, they just took the cigars out of box and into plastic bags and sealed in right in front of us.

Partagas ticket is $10 but we didn't even buy tickets, our tour guide just called a friend who works and he took us inside and gave us a private tour, so I paid him the $20. Can't bring a bag or camera, so make sure you carry your passport/cash and lock up your bag or leave with your guide. Good tour, lots of stairs up and down. About 35 mins or so. Interesting tour - sad to hear how the workers make so little and work so hard.

Wow, thank you so much for remembering to update me on your experience!

We had a tour booked for the morning, and we asked if we could go to the Cigar Factory, and they said that we needed to do that on our own, so we moved our tour to the afternoon. We planned to go to a hotel to buy the tickets and then take a cab to the factory.

Thanks so much for the tip on the store - I have been wondering about that!!!

I really do appreciate you updating us. Hope you had a great trip.