December weather in the Caribbean

Tinkers70

We cruised last December from mid month to the 3rd of January. Hit up ports like Aruba, Bonaire, Antigua and San Juan and......it was scorching!

Beautiful warm weather the whole cruise, no rain, no cloud and I think in San Juan it was around 30c+

Great weather when sitting poolside on sea days and on the balcony as well. Loved it so much we are going back this December as well. Spent the whole trip in shorts and tshirts etc. Might need something warmer for on board when they crank the a/c up inside but everywhere else it wasnt needed.

Hi all

Can I ask what the weather is like in the Caribbean around the beginning of December? We always cruise in October but looking at December next year :)

Its a lot better than here that's for sure!

Ugh - what a year we have had huh? And a weekend of more rain and storms heading in..

Caribbean in December to April I always think is at its nicest.

I spend January every year on a Caribbean island - makes life in Scotland just about bearable.

December - you should be good. :)(y)

We almost always do a cruise in early December. The Caribbean itself is reliably warm to hot; The area around the Bahamas can be cooler, although we've always had good weather there.

We have had days with intermittent showers but so far have never had steady, all day rain. Usually, no rain at all.

Hi all

Can I ask what the weather is like in the Caribbean around the beginning of December? We always cruise in October but looking at December next year :)

We cruise every December in the Caribbean .It is nearly always non stop sunshine with temperatures in the 80's.

We have cruised the Caribbean in late Nov and into early Dec, never any later. We have also done a few land trips that time of the day. On a few occasions we have hit a brief rain storm or a few clouddy days, but mostly sunny and beautiful. Any storms we have hit have been brief. We did sail one time when HAL private island was not available due to high winds. The same with RCI once, but still sunny skies.

It’s weather so it’s unpredictable. Ditto what others said about the possibility of cooler weather in the Bahamas. We did an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Epic last December and our first sea day after leaving Port Canaveral was surprisingly chilly, extremely windy, and big seas. It was bad enough that first day that deck 18 was closed as was the jogging track on deck 7. After that we experience warm weather coupled with sunny skies and sporadic rain showers.

Notice the wind speed listed at the top of the TV screen.

10ro387.jpg

Fantastic news!! Thank you everyone.

I'm looking to take my staff away the first week of december as a special treat as they work so hard. December is our quietest month of the year and the only time I could close the business for a week .

It's also a big birthday of mines the following december and can't think of nothing better than spending it on a cruise around the Caribbean.:cool:

I can now start planning and pricing things up. Flights from the UK should be very cheap the beginning of December too so a win win situation :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Its a lot better than here that's for sure!

Ugh - what a year we have had huh? And a weekend of more rain and storms heading in..

Caribbean in December to April I always think is at its nicest.

I spend January every year on a Caribbean island - makes life in Scotland just about bearable.

December - you should be good. :)(y)

Hi (waves) from a fellow Scot :cool:

I guess living in Scotland we're used to the bad weather but to get some sunshine just before the christmas rush would be bliss.

Would love to go in January but it's a busy time of year for me at work but December is perfect :) xx