1-12-12 Thursday Weigh-In..How is the New Year Going..Food Wise?

Belle

Been gone all day

Know I don't want to weigh

Ate three meals out..yes I did

Tried not to eat like a pig

Do anyone of you eat one or two meals out each day

Is it hard or your making it work your way

Try to go out only twice a week for dinner

Some weeks it works..then I'm a winner

Then weeks like this..will be six meals out..what the hey

Makes me not want to even do next week's weigh-in day

What do you do when you eat out so much

Do you eat breakfast and forget lunch

Do you exercise more and drink water in ever which way

To lose the weight you might have gained in a day

No matter how many times you ate out this week

Put your foot on the scale and see if it goes down like you seek

For the Challenge your first weighin today

To those who had a loss..Hip Hip Hooray

Good Morning Belle - I too ate out way too much this week, although it was 2 evenings only. I seem to be snacking way too much in the evenings and I've been trying lots of different wines. Unfortunately I am up this week 0.8#

Actually I'm rather proud that I am now weighing myself again --- I've just got to get my back fixed a little more, and then I will start exercising again.

Good luck to all --- hopefully everyone that posted last week will post this week on this new thread! Jan

Hello,

I stayed the same, not bad. I too ate out a couple of times and not very healthy. Thank goodness I only do that now and then.

I'll have a challenging weekend, eating out a lot. I'll try to keep myself in check.

I always exercise more when I know I'm going to eat out, it definitely helps. Also I bring my lunch to work everyday, like a 5 or 6 point weight watcher meal and a piece of fruit and 100 calorie yogurt for the afternoon. Been doing that for years. That's definitely helps too.

So, I'm still down a total of 4 lbs. and looking to lose about 5 more.

Take care and I hope everyone has a good week. Diana

Good morning, Belle and Jan. I tried not to eat out at all this week. I always get in trouble that way. I am down 2#.

Jan, I hope that your back is better soon.

Good luck to all and I also hope all our newbies are back this week.

Rose

Good morning all!

I am up .6 of a pound this week - boo hiss.

I haven't been back to the gym since returning from my skiing trip on January 2. I was first nursing my aches and pains from falling so much, and now I'm nursing a pretty nasty sinus infection.

I told myself I'm getting back on the saddle (treadmill) this weekend, come what may.

Congratulations to the losers! And wishes for a better week ahead to the gainers!

Ann

Good job nyer! I get to gloat -down 4LBS this week!!! Hit the 30lbs total mark with 10 to go by end of Feb.

75 days since starting, the good habits have taken a pretty solid set so even eating out hasn't been a problem. Looked DW in the eye all evening at Chili's as she ate her avocado cheeseburger while I ate my salad. No cheese, no croutons, dressing on the side with a grilled chicken breast. Good company and good conversation makes it easy.

Tried a cheeseburger "protein style" at In n Out Burger while everybody else ate what they normally do - mine was wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of a bun. If you ask any waiter/waitress, you will be amazed at how accommodating they can be to your needs. Your paying for it, get what you want - they still get a good tip and business vs. me sitting at home not giving them a dime. Most restaurants these days "get it".

Walked the dog a lot, tried to destroy the equipment at the gym with furious intensity, and got the flowerbed edging in the backyard as the landscape progresses.

It's up to us - nobody can do it for us. Don't let anything be an excuse, you can live your life and still do this.

Now, Git Er Done!

Hello everyone.

Eating out can be a challenge, but you would be surprised at how much information is out there. Some places will list nutrition information on their web site, others you can get some kind of clue by googling. That way you can go in somewhat prepared. I am big on subway when it is fast food time.

With work and still being on the sick side I only made it to the gym once for the week. I stayed the same which is OK but I would have rather lost 1 for the first week of the new challenge. Did make it to the gym today to have a better start for the new week.

Another holiday weekend this weekend for some. Just treat it like any other day, there will always be reasons to over indulge we just have to be ready for the challenge or be willing to put in the extra activity to account for the extra calories.

It is nice to see the encouragement and ideas offered by the group. Lets keep it up.

Joey

Miracles do Happen..

1st one...I got on the scale

2nd one...I stayed the same

Hope there's more..

Ate out twice today!

Jan..Sorry your back is giving you

trouble. Hope it gets better. Sure

you'll get your gain off.

Disna..Glad you stayed the same.

Eating out is hard even when we

try to be good. Good on exercise!

Rose..Good loss. See you did good

not eating out. More power to you!

Do you exercise?

Ann..Sorry your not feeling well. You'll

get the gain off. Yes use the treadmill.

Told "myself" have to get on mine.

Shoot..Great loss! You got the eating out

down pat. It's not that we don't know

what to do but it's following thru like you.

I need a dog to walk! lol

Joey..Glad you stayed the same. Sorry

you been sick too. Been good not eating

fast food but the bread and sweets hard

to ignore but trying.

Everyone keep up the hard work..We can do tis!

Hope a lot more of you come back and more

new people join as they read this. We really

try to help each other. Weighing in each week

really helps. Even if your not ready to really get

strict as of now..just come in and weigh to

keep you from not gaining..as we say......

Staying the Same untill your ready to lose!

Have a good Fri. Sat. and Sun. Loss's, No gains..

To Everyone this weekend!

ncovert, good loss. Have a great cruise.

shootr, you are doing great. Congrats.

Belle...I try to do a walking video but haven't been on top of that lately. I take care of my two four-year-old grandchildren, so that keeps me running. I am heading to Florida tonight to visit my five-year-old granddaughter so I have to be careful because that's alot of eating out. She will probably take me to Disney World (haha) so I will be doing alot of walking.

Rose

Hi all!

Glad to see some really good results & a lot of reporting!;)

I couldn't post my 1.8 lb loss yesterday as we were without power from 8:00 am yesterday to 11:30 am today, thanks to freezing rain! Now it's snowy & blowy & supposed to get down to 0F tomorrow.

I ate out once this week, had to fast for the blood test than caught up with my snacking the next night & still lost (maybe the scales broken?).:confused:

ncovert ~ have a great time & do the best you can with all that cruise food around!:D

Have a great weekend!

~ Jo ~ :)

ncovert..Bon Voyage! Great loss to start

your cruise.

Rose..You should be getting exercise chasing

two four olds! Have fun in Florida with grandaughter

and Disney World.

Jo..Good loss. Sorry about power loss. I

would hate your weather. Here lows 20..30's

but high 60's in the day. Next week going to be 50's. Brrrr!

Everyone keep up the good work this weekend!

Hi all!

Glad to see some really good results & a lot of reporting!;)

I couldn't post my 1.8 lb loss yesterday as we were without power from 8:00 am yesterday to 11:30 am today, thanks to freezing rain! Now it's snowy & blowy & supposed to get down to 0F tomorrow.

I ate out once this week, had to fast for the blood test than caught up with my snacking the next night & still lost (maybe the scales broken?).:confused:

ncovert ~ have a great time & do the best you can with all that cruise food around!:D

Have a great weekend!

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks... it is my goal to gain no weight this week! I have an action plan

Thanks... it is my goal to gain no weight this week! I have an action plan

I'd love to know what your plan is!! I seem to gain lots of water weight (think I'm not used to eating salt) --- I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, enjoy every minute of it --- have a glass of water/wine/foo-foo drink/soda/whatever for all of us --- and think of us that live in the north and are freezing, :eek: Enjoy! Jan

I'd love to know what your plan is!! I seem to gain lots of water weight (think I'm not used to eating salt) --- I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, enjoy every minute of it --- have a glass of water/wine/foo-foo drink/soda/whatever for all of us --- and think of us that live in the north and are freezing, :eek: Enjoy! Jan

I will have a coke zero for everyone on here. It is a family cruise and I have challenged the family to go down the water slide. I will go a second time for all in the northern freezing areas.

As for the plan... dw and I are doing a special meal plan. We have packed our luggage with the some of our foods and will enjoy the lovely dinner service. Which means I will not be having WCMC... which is sad but I will be ok. The only thing I am worried about is the preperation of food... because I am not making it I do not get to control how it is made. I will certainly be back to report how we were able to do

Nick

If you can, work in some gym time. I have done that on my past 2 cruises and did not gain on either. My putting in the gym time I was able to enjoy some extra's without the guilt.

Good luck with your plan and have a great time.

Joey

Dianne..Good to see you. How are

you? Great start to the New Year

with a loss! We're all still struggling

with our weight. Life and stress keeps

getting in the way of my loss's.

I hope you keep coming in. This is the year for

ALL of US to LOSE!

How did everyone do during the weekend?

Did you have a great stay on plan weekend?

Congrats!

Did you try even if didn't do as well as you

wanted. But by trying you did better than

if you didn't try.

Did the weekend go up in smoke?

Then just get back on right this minute..

don't make it worse by eating more!

WE can do this..I now some days, weeks

better than others..but WE can't give up!

YOU HEAR...OK, MEAN YOU READ!!!! LOL

Why isn't everyone talking?

Are you out exercising?

Drinking your water?

No time

No (Yesterday I was headed to the gym when I was called to a meeting)

No (no excuse)

Thanks Belle for keeping up the pressure. The only thing that I have done well this week is writing down everything.

I am back from Florida. Had a great time with my granddaughter. She kept me running all weekend! I did not eat out too much since we stayed in a time share for two days and then moved in to a hotel for the last night. I think that I should show a loss tomorrow.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Rose

Rose - glad you had a good time with your granddaughter!

I probably won't weigh in on Thursday, as I have to go out of town really early in the morning - So I'll report on Friday (don't think there will be a loss though) --- I really need to start exercising! Jan

Archived