Room on the lido deck.. any problems?

martini_guy

I have a balcony room for an upcoming cruise in 2 weeks on the Magic. It's pretty close to mid-deck. I'm just thinking about the pro's and con's. Here's the pro's and con's I can think of...

Pro's

Conveniently close to the central elevators

Easy walk to the buffet and pool without endless stairs and elevators

Con's

Noise? I've usually had the Empress deck and I could hear whatever was going on from my balcony but the noise didn't really bother me. With the balcony door closed I could only here a gentle muffled sound after that.

Any others to add?

No cons, we love staying on the Lido deck. We've never heard any noise. Actually, we had always booked the Empress until about four years ago. We tried the Lido, and since then have been booking Lido cabins. I don't think you will have any regrets.

On our last several cruises we have booked a room on the Lido deck. We love the location, usually in 3-4 rooms in. Never had any problem with noise. We even like to sit on our balcony and try to hear music from the deck.

Love the Lido. Last four out of five cruises have been Lido balconies. We did stray to an aft, liked it but not as much as the Lido. Great location and noise seems like it might be an issue but you do have a wall between you and the main hall. Even on the balcony, you do not hear much.

we will be in a Lido balcony on the Magic in July. Enjoy.

Going Lido is like going balcony or suite, You never want to go back. We were doubled spoiled on our last trip with the junior suite up front on the Lido. Also the music is no louder than any other floor, with the ship in motion sound does not travel forward as much

Another vote for the Lido deck!

It was FANTASTIC!! I loved being able to walk out the door and straight to food twice a day. We had no problems with any extra noise. We are going on the Dream this summer and will be on the Lido.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update..

So I'm back from my cruise on the Magic. My room was 10279, balcony room between the midship elevators and the pool.

It was incredibly convenient to go anywhere and there were no noise issues whatsoever. I don't think I will choose anything but Lido deck for a room from now on and particularly along the short hallway between the midship elevators and the pool.

I was on the Magic a few weeks ago in cabin 10233. I absolutely loved it. It was very easy to get everywhere (except the aft dining room).

The Lido deck is actually quiet due to very few cabins. I highly recommend the location.

Archived