Sushi Class don't miss this!

My sister and i took the sushi class this morning and it was a blast!

First time i made sushis, thrid Time i ate sushis lol! They was the Best sushis That i had in my entire Life lol!

Elvis the chef was very fun and helping. I have allergies to shrimps and tuna, he bring me Salmon and eel. The women in front of me was allergic to gluten, he bring her lobster (we can't take the surimi because it contains gluten and he touch the Spicy tuna tartare and shrimps in the plate).

On the Table There was all the ingredients we needed and the Table was wraped in plastic film, the mat for making the sushi was wrap in plastic film and we used gloves and the chef vaporise our gloves with cooking spray (chef trick). Before all of That You have to wash your hands very carefully.

We made 2 types of sushis, 2 nigiris and a burrito-ice cone type of Sushi.

One sushi was roll in panko. But before That he cut my sushis and the gluten-free sushis to not have contamination. He wash is plank before and after. Very safe.

We were full! They offer the sushi sauce and the yumyum sauce (don't Know the name but sooooooo good!) and We had a glass of mimosa.

Fantastic expérience! Elvis was perfect and he says That sushi is made with fun and laugh.

Edited by tomatecerise

My DW and DD both did this 2 weeks ago on Anthem. Lasted 2 hrs. Were with a group of about 12 or 14 in Izumi. Cost $30 each and each received a certificate after and were able to take pictures with the chef. They both loved it very much. We had made sushi at home a few times before but my wife said she has many new tricks now. Looking forward to our next sushi session :D

Just want to thank the OP for this thread and those of you who have responded so far. I've never done this on a RCL ship .but have read a few other's reviews that they really enjoyed it, so I quickly went to my cruise planner... it's offered for my upcoming Explorer sailing So I booked :D. Wouldn't have even thought of it unless I had read this thread.

I've done the sushi class on Navigator and saw that it was also offered on Voyager. I'm not sure if it is the case on other ships but on Navigator it was good value too as the family could watch and share the sushi you create for lunch - they serve you at the tables in Izumi. They even gave me my leftovers to take back to the stateroom (as the two of us couldn't finish my creations).

I've never had sushi and I've thought a cruise might be a good time to try it. But....I don't want any raw seafood. So can someone please give me the sushi for dummies 101 class.

I am pretty sure they would adapt the ingredients for you. We had a cooked crumbed shrimp in one of the dishes and the others included ingredients like cucumber and avocado as well as the raw fish so you could just leave the raw fish out if you wished.

My sister and i took the sushi class this morning and it was a blast!

First time i made sushis, thrid Time i ate sushis lol! They was the Best sushis That i had in my entire Life lol!

Elvis the chef was very fun and helping. I have allergies to shrimps and tuna, he bring me Salmon and eel. The women in front of me was allergic to gluten, he bring her lobster (we can't take the surimi because it contains gluten and he touch the Spicy tuna tartare and shrimps in the plate).

On the Table There was all the ingredients we needed and the Table was wraped in plastic film, the mat for making the sushi was wrap in plastic film and we used gloves and the chef vaporise our gloves with cooking spray (chef trick). Before all of That You have to wash your hands very carefully.

We made 2 types of sushis, 2 nigiris and a burrito-ice cone type of Sushi.

One sushi was roll in panko. But before That he cut my sushis and the gluten-free sushis to not have contamination. He wash is plank before and after. Very safe.

We were full! They offer the sushi sauce and the yumyum sauce (don't Know the name but sooooooo good!) and We had a glass of mimosa.

Fantastic expérience! Elvis was perfect and he says That sushi is made with fun and laugh.

Now that I know this is available on the ship we are going on, I was actually curious if anyone can answer...do you sit down during this sushi making experience? My wife seems to think for some reason that you are standing but when I saw that you said yours was about 2 hours, I figured that it's highly unlikely it's done while standing the entire time. Could some insight be provided into that? Thank you.

My sushi plate (allergic version)

1490791212-dsc02141.jpg

The chef artistic twist with the yum-yum sauce (lol)

1490791302-dsc02143.jpg

My sushi plate (allergic version) with the yum-yum sauce

1490791380-dsc02144.jpg

The sushi made by chef Elvis (the table share but sister and i were full)

1490791476-dsc02145.jpg

We had mimosa but no picture...