Elation - on schedule???

wrennies

So, a few notable. The first 3 cruises after dry dock are unavailable to book. Now of course they could be sold out.

Balconies are no longer an option to book, from what I see even as far out as you can book.

So.... any clue, opinions, rumors???

So, a few notable. The first 3 cruises after dry dock are unavailable to book. Now of course they could be sold out.

Balconies are no longer an option to book, from what I see even as far out as you can book.

So.... any clue, opinions, rumors???

Rumor has it that they are not going to add balconies because of the interruption from Irma.

Rumor has it that they are not going to add balconies because of the interruption from Irma.

I hope Carnival will take the time to report on the status of the dry dock and it's availability. It seems all we ever get from them is John"s Blog.

Someone posted a picture on another thread that shows that the new balconies were being installed. However, the interruption from Irma has certainly put them behind schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if a few sailings were cancelled so that the work could be completed. Not stating fact, just speculating. We are on her Oct.21st.

Someone posted a picture on another thread that shows that the new balconies were being installed. However, the interruption from Irma has certainly put them behind schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if a few sailings were cancelled so that the work could be completed. Not stating fact, just speculating. We are on her Oct.21st.

We are on the Halloween cruise on the 30th. We wonder why they can't show (Carnival) a new deck plan after the refirb. They must know what they are trying to accomplish by now and what the ship is going to have after dry dock. Anyone see any new deck plans.

I was really looking forward to seeing the extensive upgrades. I might book an end of year getaway in December on the Elation but want to see the condition after the dry dock. I wonder what will get completed vs. what was predicted. I don't care too much about the balconies but the general cabin and public area refurbishments, waterworks, and the new eateries would be nice to see completed.

We're on the 3rd sailing after drydock. I'm getting regular countdown emails for it, including a choose a check in. Balconies are in full swing, Lido getting major love, & aft pool gone. Per IG pics. Someone in a group I'm in shares pics they've found.

Our sailing is sold out. Per a call Fri. To customer service.

Per news from John Heald, she won't be finished in time. Those on 9/28 & 10/2 sailings are going on Fascination, out of Jax. The Fascination sailings got cancelled Bc of Maria destroying San Juan. The 10/7 sailing is now the first post dry dock. I'll do a review when we return.

Per news from John Heald, she won't be finished in time. Those on 9/28 & 10/2 sailings are going on Fascination, out of Jax. The Fascination sailings got cancelled Bc of Maria destroying San Juan. The 10/7 sailing is now the first post dry dock. I'll do a review when we return.

Thank you for the upcoming review!! The solution Carnival came up with seems like a great one. Enjoy your cruise in a few weeks :)

I do not believe balconies will be on the elation, things just don't add up:

1- Why are they not selling these balconies

2- They remain to sell cabins on all sailings, if these balconies do get placed on the ship what will they do with all the people that have booked the Oceanview cabins, Carnival won't give out free balconies

On another note, I never take cruises that come out of dry dock within three weeks, anything can happen and sailings can be cancelled just like it is now with the Elation...passengers are kind of lucky that Carnival now has the Fascination to take its place but she undergoes a dry dock in January, and I do not go on ships that will enter dry dock within the next 10 months, I prefer updated ships. I can understand people being annoyed that the Elation was replaced for the Fascination and if it was me, I would cancel that cruise.

This is my first cruise and I didn't even know what a dry dock was. I just picked the date because I turn 40 Sept 27. I was born with congenital heart disease and my parents were told I would never make it. Well here I am 40 years later. I guess i'm not enough of a snob, but I'm not going to let the fact that i'm cruising on a different boat ruin my vacation. My dad died about 3 years ago but my mom, teenage boys and I are sailing for the first time and we are thrilled.

This is my first cruise and I didn't even know what a dry dock was. I just picked the date because I turn 40 Sept 27. I was born with congenital heart disease and my parents were told I would never make it. Well here I am 40 years later. I guess i'm not enough of a snob, but I'm not going to let the fact that i'm cruising on a different boat ruin my vacation. My dad died about 3 years ago but my mom, teenage boys and I are sailing for the first time and we are thrilled.

You will have a great first cruise on the Fascination!!! In fact, I think many people prefer Fascination to Elation. It will also give you something to look forward to when you go on one of the ships with the Guys Burgers/Blue Iquana Cantina if that is your thing.