**LIVE** Fall Foliage on Adventure 9/7 - 9/17

simoner

Hi fellow cruisers!

My vacation is finally here! I’m writing this while I’m on the plane from Amsterdam to Newark with only 1,5 hours to go! This means that I’m lucky that I’ve already survived 6,5 hours. [emoji123]

I decided to do a live review, cause I enjoy reading other reviews and hopefully will help to ease the pain of some fellow cruisers who are counting down for their cruise.

Let me tell you something about myself. I’m fairly new to cruising. This will be my second cruise, first one was last February. So I think you can say I got the cruise bug. I’m a 29 year old girl from the Netherlands [emoji1179] and will be traveling with my mom.

My mom is a manager of a travel agency and when I’m able to I try to tag along on trips that she has to make for work! Yes, you are reading this correctly she gets to go on a cruise for work!

Lucky for me I was able to get time off of work and now I can help my mom with her work [emoji4]

Before we board Adventure of the Seas this Friday, we’ll be staying two night in Ramada Jersey City. Hopefully we won’t be to tired once we arrive at Newark (we’ve already been up for about 12 hours now) so we can do some things in Jersey City.

Our hotel is in walking distance (5mins) from a Path stations, so tomorrow we’ll be heading to Manhattan. It’s not our first time, but we got some fun things planned.

Some facts of our cruise[emoji568]

Adventure of the Seas

I think it’s the first time Adventure going all the way to Quebec City.

Our Itinerary of the Cruise

- Embarkation Day

- Sea Day

- Bar Harbor, ME

- Portland, ME

- Saint John, New Brunswick

- Halifax, Nova Scotia

- Sydney,Nova Scotia

- Charlottetown, P.E.I.

- Sea Day

- Quebec City

- Quebec City

Hopefully there are some people who will enjoy this review. If you have any question please ask them and I’ll try to answer them when I can.

c48595c70637940ccdb5f4efc7341195.jpg Weather was terrible when we left Amsterdam!

93e90c0058393e4347748dd2a90e5216.jpg As Dutch girl I’m very happy to get a Stroopwafel on an American flight.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

Edited by simoner

Really looking forward to the rest of your review. We are flying out to a cruise also on Adventure from New Jersey next year and I have looked at the hotel you are stopping in as an option as well for a couple of days. I'd be very interested in how easy it is to get into Manhattan from there.

Enjoy your trip!

Another live review! Yeah, thanks. We will be on the Adventure next year, first time on that ship so love to hear all about if from different perspectives. Have been on 16 cruises, last 3 on The Anthem, which is our favorite ship, so looking forward to this!

Marg

Really looking forward to the rest of your review. We are flying out to a cruise also on Adventure from New Jersey next year and I have looked at the hotel you are stopping in as an option as well for a couple of days. I'd be very interested in how easy it is to get into Manhattan from there.

Enjoy your trip!

Path station is an easy walk from the hotel. Tomorrow we’ll be going to Manhattan. So I’ll let you know how it is to get to the city.

Following. Just came back from a land vacation where Bar Harbor was part of our trip.

Acadia National Park is a must do.

Bar Harbor is the only excursion that we booked with RCL, cause we want to do a full day trip and have insurance we’ll be back on time. The excursion will cover Acadia National Park including Cadilac Mountain and a lobster bake.

Pre Cruise Day - NYC

Even though we were exhausted we woke up around 6 am. Probably the result of a jet lag, but because of this we had more time to spend in NYC.

It’s about a 5 min walk from our hotel in Jersey City to the Path Station - where you have the option to go to WTC or 33rd street. We took the train to WTC, which was not even a 15 min ride.

4880876e0f75cc19211b6a6693a14361.jpg3a219146b825de1c345706585d2f09b3.jpg

Of course we visited memorial plaza.

df1e0cbdd12027e168c5c270a9ba40de.jpg

And I fell in love with the street art surrounding the Freedom Tower

We bought the New York Sightseeing Pass which gave us access to several attractions and tours. I would highly recommended this for people who plan to visit lots of attractions. We paid €88,40 per person for a 1 day pass - which is about $102.

We saved a lot of money this way, cause we did the following attractions and tours:

- Top of the Rock

- Guided walking tour of Soho, Little Italy and Chinatown.

- Guided Bike tour of Central Park

- Madame Tussaud’s

- The Ride ( which is a really fun and different then your typical bus tour)

66e55bc22270c3f8e456d600a50593d2.jpg

e06b21ea1c983e6d4b90db3f32ca4d0a.jpg

Coming up tomorrow: Embarkation Day!!

Embarkation Day

We arrived at the port around 10 am. Check in was really easy. We were on the ship at 11 am.

First thing I did was get myself a coffee fix. Don’t want to offend the Americans, but I don’t like the coffee. Since we bought the Deluxe Package I want directly to cafe promenade to get an ice latte and grabbed some sandwiches too.

For all of you wondering, the price for the Deluxe on ship is $57. We paid $41 on a cruise planner sale.

Personally I think it’s a great deal for the price I paid. Between all the specialty coffee, fresh orange juice and bottles of water I don’t need to drink a lot of alcohol to break even. So even on a port day I can easily break even.

Currently at the sail away whit unfortunately a cloudy view of Lady Liberty and Manhattan.

15b7b9b7f9826bab293bdb08d62f900b.jpg

524b03b6b2c0fb4ab1ed959ab054c5e5.jpg

Going to enjoy the ship some more. Will be back tonight with another update about the evening.