Worst case scenario

babs135

What weather are you thinking of? Very strong winds? Presumably she'd just wait in the lee of the Isle of Wight for them to abate.

According to the Daily Fail and the Express it's going to be everything from snow and ice to biting cold.

I did say it would be worse case scenario.

According to the Daily Fail and the Express it's going to be everything from snow and ice to biting cold.

I did say it would be worse case scenario.

Evidently they were able to sell another round of their garbage to the general public. There's a reason the shipping forecast isn't published six months in advance.

In Southampton I would expect the problems to be with the lorries carrying the supplies on the motorways but never with the ship itself. In the North Sea and particularly in Hamburg navigational problems can occur. In March 2018 the AIDAperla couldn't reach Hamburg for a turnaround.

Southampton is a pretty protected port. I can't imagine any weather system short of a hurricane (does the UK get hurricanes?) that could keep the QM2 from docking. NYC might be another matter. Trying to clear the Varrazzano-Narrows Bridge in a Nor-easter might be a challenge. However, we were on the QM2 docking in Brooklyn a few weeks ago and watched from our Deck-4 sheltered balcony in a blowing rain storm as the crew maneuvered 160 million pounds of ship to within 3 inches of lining up perfectly with the gangway. Pretty impressive.