Cartagena Colombia Horse and Carriage Tour and Limon Banana Plantation Scenic Drive

Shaver John

I know neither of these tours are very expensive, but if anyone has been on either I would be very happy to see what you thought. I have looked and can not find out much about either. I am concerned about the Heat on either of these tours and what we will be able to see. Thanking you in advance. Nancy...

I know neither of these tours are very expensive, but if anyone has been on either I would be very happy to see what you thought. I have looked and can not find out much about either. I am concerned about the Heat on either of these tours and what we will be able to see. Thanking you in advance. Nancy...

Cartagena is hotter than hot but well worth booking some type of tour....such an awesome port of call. We did a free walking tour of the Walled City ... were just responsible for the cab ride there and back and you can bargain with them. I can't speak to the horse drawn carriage personally, but met people that did the nighttime one on our cruise (overnight in this port) and they absolutely raved about it.

We did do the banana plantation tour in Costa Rica. I thought it was worth it ... pretty good tour all the way around. Be sure to use your bug spray for this excursion. We saw a lot of mosquitoes but they did mention Zika hasn't really hit that area but there are other mosquito born diseases there so would recommend at least the Off wipes for this tour.

Cartagena is one of my favorite cities. If you have the opportunity at night even better and more lively. They typically eat later 8pm+. Get a great steak dinner in the walled city cheap and great shopping

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Horse and carriage tour when in Cartagena on another cruise line. WE are seniors and I thought it would be less tiring than the walking tour I had done before. They load you on a bus and take you to the place where you get in the carriages. You get a scenic circuit of the city.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

When you are finished with the horses, you get back on the bus and are taken to a shopping area before return to the ship. EM