Ocean Medallion

Host CJSKIDS

With the first Ocean Medallion starting NOV 13, has anyone received any information on it? They are supposed to be mailed 4 weeks prior to the sailing and they have stated that you can pick the color. Has anyone on this sailing gotten any information?!!

I'm wondering if they will give you the wristband like Disney does. Or do they just send the round medallion and to have something to carry it is another way for Princess to make money.

It appears that ocean.com hasn't come live yet.

I am going on 11/16 and have not heard anything other than what I was told yesterday..... "The medallions may or may not be mailed to you." Helpful, eh? I anticipate them handing them out at embarkation at this rate. Which makes me wonder if they will still be customizable.

We're on the 11/26/17 Regal cruise. Not that worried about the Medallion system working. Really cannot imagine using it all that much anyway. As long as we can get in and out of our cabin, with or without the Medallion, we'll be fine. :)

Kind of interested to see how it would work for embarkation. We had a two hour delay at embarkation on our last Princess Regal cruise due to some type of unannounced inspection. Fortunately, it wasn't too hot outside as we waited to get in. May experience some delay, but we'll deal with it.

Am curious about being switched over to the Ocean website from the Princess Personalizer. Read that is supposed to happen, but have yet to see that. I believe all of the cruise lines have been very busy adjusting cruises due to all of the hurricanes the Caribbean has experienced this hurricane season.

:'):'):')

I'll be on the Regal cruise 11/5 - 11/12. Hoping that they won't be behind schedule and scurrying around during our cruise to get things done at the last minute.

They already installed everything in a dry dock back in April (?) I believe. They just haven't activated it yet. I will be sailing on the first one week cruise on 11/19.

I have never been on the ship before... this is something I read.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7777

Cruised on the last cruise prior to dry dock to add the mid deck stairs. We were baffled as to why that would not have been included in the original design. Good to see it's done. Just wondering if they included heated loungers in the Enclave as part of the dry dock. Heard that was to be part of the updates.

They already installed everything in a dry dock back in April (?) I believe. They just haven't activated it yet. I will be sailing on the first one week cruise on 11/19.

I was on the Regal transatlantic cruise in September and they are still working on installing wiring for the ocean medallion. There were workmen in the halls every day. My room steward said they were doing last minute installation and checks. He also said he had to go to training meetings almost every day regarding the medallion. He was very excited about it.

I was on the Regal transatlantic cruise in September and they are still working on installing wiring for the ocean medallion. There were workmen in the halls every day. My room steward said they were doing last minute installation and checks. He also said he had to go to training meetings almost every day regarding the medallion. He was very excited about it.

Good to know they are getting training already... although the layover day when they activate it will probably be chaotic.

We're sailing on the first Medallion cruise on Caribbean Princess next March...hoping all the bugs have been worked out by then!!!

As someone who works deploying software and systems, let me tell you. There will be bugs. There will be some kind of problem, some kind of slow-down. Know that it's going to happen. Get okay with the fact that it's going to happen. Excercise patience, then relax and enjoy your cruise. If everything goes of without a hitch, that will be fantastic.

As someone who works deploying software and systems, let me tell you. There will be bugs. There will be some kind of problem, some kind of slow-down. Know that it's going to happen. Get okay with the fact that it's going to happen. Excercise patience, then relax and enjoy your cruise. If everything goes of without a hitch, that will be fantastic.

Spot on statement.....:):):)

Bob

My two sons are software engineers and they are saying the same thing as you.

There both telling me it will take at least 2 months to work out all the bugs.:eek:

Tony