Herod's "Island Spendor Coastal Cruise" Tour

happybunny1207

How long is the Island Splendor Coastal Cruise. Herod's website says 5 hrs depending on if you choose any of the extra's. Does that mean the cruise is not 5 hrs but shorter? Thanks

Its 5 hours total. You get to spend a few hours on the beach then you make a short stop on a black sand beach on the way back. It may end up being a little bit longer if others choose to visit the waterfall and/or vulcano but I'm sure he adjust the time on the beach to make up for it.

I just looked at Herod's website and lunch is not mentioned in the description for the ISCC. I would like to know if it is included or not

Lunch was included for us also. It was served on the beach. It was chicken and it was good. Not sure what else was served with it.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking at the website now, for our cruise in February. It looks like maybe they renamed the Island Splendor tour. It seems to be called the Piton Adventure Speed boat Coastal Cruise now, but it sounds pretty much the same. I'm very interested (but I'm just starting to research this port!). I should probably start emailing now, from what I've seen in this thread!

I'm looking at the website now, for our cruise in February. It looks like maybe they renamed the Island Splendor tour. It seems to be called the Piton Adventure Speed boat Coastal Cruise now, but it sounds pretty much the same. I'm very interested (but I'm just starting to research this port!). I should probably start emailing now, from what I've seen in this thread!

Hello Domergirl,

(and others looking to put a group together)

-I am considering this excursion for our family of five adults on Feb 19, 2015.

-Anyone contact Herods for a head count on this date yet?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
--BUMP--

Hello Cruisers,

Our family of (5) adults was hoping to book this tour in St. Lucia on Feb 19th:

Piton Adventure Speedboat Coastal Cruise

http://herodstours.com/st-lucia-pito...oastal-cruise/

Herod has not yet met their (12) person minimum - IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP?

Thanks!

Sorry...I'm a slacker, but I think we have decided this is what we are going to do, so I'll email them today. :) We are 2 adults and 3 kids, 11, 10, and 4...so that should help fill up the 19th!!! Hope you don't mind kids...mine are fairly tame girls. :)

We just did Benny's Boat Tours in November. It was amazing! I had a group of 14 and everyone loved it. He has several tours available all by speedboat. We did the one that include the mud bath. We will use him again next time we are able to go to St. Lucia.

Anyone else in for the 19th speedboat tour? I just heard back from Herod, and he said right now it's just my group of 5, and 2 other people. We can still do it, but it would be a "water taxi". Anyone know exactly what that means? (I don't know exactly what type of boat that would be?)

Thanks!

@Domergirl - sorry for the late reply. I hadn't got any firm response to my Roll Call post and Herod hadn't gotten back to me saying others were ready to book, so I got nervous and contacted Spencer Ambrose tours. Spencer was super quick, informative and very pleasant in his email responses. Most important he was able to confirm immediately, rather than leave us hanging and hoping the boat filled. Many So. Caribbean tour operators wait to fill a boat before confirming a booking with those parties that have contacted them, while others will set off on their tour with whatever number of folks have contacted and confirmed with them (up to their max obviously). No biggie, just different ways to run a business. To be clear, Herod was was quite personable and quick to reply (he responded to all my email within 24 hours which is quite acceptable for a hands-on tour operator, IMHO). However, I am the type of guy who doesn't like scrambling to put plans together last minute. FWIW, Herod does make one additional stop at the black sand beach (name escapes me at the moment) on his return trip from Jalousie Beach, which might be nice. Some comments I found suggest that beach is fairly small and not very swimmer-friendly (ie. Water shoes are a must, no chairs) so we are ok with more time at Jalousie (the beautiful beach between the Pitons). If you don't fancy bus tours, I really don't think you can go wrong with either of these water trips. See you at the beach!

i did not have any trouble contacting Herods I sent an inquiry via his contact page and I heard back from him within a few hours. When I decided to confirm I heard back within 24 hours - all via email. We only had five in our group but he had a waiting list started. We are doing the Land and Sea tour so I don't know if this makes a difference. Also, we will be in St.Lucia April 9th.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sent email and request through his website almost 2 weeks now.

I read Herod is going into legislature so wondering if he is even doing tours anymore.

Anyone have new info?

He's still operating and doing tours, with reviews as recent as a few days ago at TripAdvisor. You may want to try giving him a call instead of waiting on email...

• 2 weeks later...

We are on a waiting list for Herods Land & Sea Tour for Thursday 6/16. He needs a minimum of 10 people to do this tour. You can check him out on Trip Advisor. If you are interested in doing this tour, then let Herod know and he will add you to the list. :)

Thanks,

Alex