New Platinum / Diamond gift

lele100

Have completed 21 Carnival cruises and the best gift was the night light. Gives considerable light and is still working after considerable use. Sure wish they would repeat that gift.

We have one upstairs in the hall for the grandkids and one in our family room--completely unobtrusive until it's dark.

We did this exact same thing! (except on the Glory). Now we have one of each. The blanket is not quite as thick as the ones they lend out on deck for the dive in movies, but it's still super soft.

For those who haven't seen it, the duffel bag is navy blue, has a round base with a drawstring top and the bottom 3-4 inches is a separate, zippered, insulated section.

I know that definitions vary, and what you describe above may indeed be a "duffel bag" to you. To me and possibly a few others, it is a beach bag. We got 2 of them last week.

On an earlier cruise, I received what I would call a "duffel bag". It was maybe 36" long, cylindrical in shape, perhaps with a 16" diameter and had canvas "handles", no drawstrings like the "beach bag".

Going on the pride in 4 weeks and hoping for headphones.

I have not even opened one of our headphones. I'm not sure if I will ever use them. I have wireless for my phone and have tiny wired buds that I use on airplanes. The other set we gave to my grandson. Oh well, a souvenir is a souvenir. They may come in handy one day.

There is a place online where you can do, for example, a

Carnival Platinum And Diamond Gift Swap

I swapped 2 Carnival beach towels (that I had purchased) for 2 of the fleece blankets.

And I'm keeping an eye out for one of the beach bags.

For those who haven't seen it, the duffel bag is navy blue, has a round base with a drawstring top and the bottom 3-4 inches is a separate, zippered, insulated section.

I know that definitions vary, and what you describe above may indeed be a "duffel bag" to you. To me and possibly a few others, it is a beach bag. We got 2 of them last week.

On an earlier cruise, I received what I would call a "duffel bag". It was maybe 36" long, cylindrical in shape, perhaps with a 16" diameter and had canvas "handles", no drawstrings like the "beach bag".

I politely disagree. If you google "Drawstring duffel bag" you will see similar bags. The one from Carnival sits about 18" tall. A "beach bag" is larger, generally rectangular in shape with large handles and is relatively flat with an open top.

Edited by georgiacruizer

I politely disagree. If you google "Drawstring duffel bag" you will see similar bags. The one from Carnival sits about 18" tall. A "beach bag" is larger, generally rectangular in shape with large handles and is relatively flat with an open top.

Definitions vary, and some variances are indeed all correct. I was merely politely pointing out that the same object can have different words. Think sub, hero, hoagie, sandwich.

Anyway, I googled "duffle bag" as you suggested, clicked on Amazon and this came up: https://www.amazon.com/travel-duffels/b?ie=UTF8&node=15743211

People,

Check the date of the headphone post - March, 2018. It's now August and the D/P gift has changed twice since then.

Not on every ship...just received two pairs of the head phones on 8/9 Triumph cruise. and, guest services had no others to trade for. Same thing on Imagination in May.

We got the duffle/beach bags on the breeze on August 5-12 cruise. I asked at guest services and they didn’t have anything to swap with. Reason I asked is because we got two and my husband doesn’t usually use bags, he does not carry anything, unlike me. The mommy in me is always prepared with supplies in my bag, bandages, snacks, batteries, kitchen sink....etc...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...