Looking for a Nice Restaurant in Miami

fungirl28

We will be in Miami in late November and are looking for a nice restaurant for dinner. One of the ladies in my party will be celebrating her 70th birthday and we want to go somewhere nice as a surprise before we leave on our cruise the next day. Looking for mainly steak house or Mediterranean. Some in our family are allergic to seafood. Thanks in advance.

It's Miami with thousands and thousands of restaurants. This is a tough suggestion. Where are you staying and do you want something close by? Budget conscious?

My first suggestions would be Joe's Stone Crab and Smith and Wollensky. But you have so many other amazing restaurants, too, literally thousands.

Smith and Wollensky for a steak house is also a recommendation. Great location. Another one is Meatmarket on Lincoln Road or Yardbird right off of Lincoln Road.

Edge Steak is also good Brickell if you want to stay on that side of Miami.

If you don't mind spending some dollars, you can never go wrong with The Forge or Prime 112. Both are very famous down here. Prime 112 for its South Beach location and the favorite spot for say Lebron James or Will Smith type of celebrity. The Forge is more of an high class local place. Between the two Prime 112 is more fun, but the Forge is more impressive.

Edited by Flymia

Oh, Yardbird is so good. Best fried chicken around.

By the way, Smith and Wollensky, if you aren't familiar, is located in South Pointe Park right on the cut. The cruise ships go by the restaurant so close you can almost touch them. The walking is awesome, too. You could go a bit earlier, walk up and down the park along the water, get some great pictures - and if ships are in port, get there before they leave and enjoy the pre-cruise sail aways before dinner. They have outside seating as well, so you could also enjoy while dining.

Capital Grill on Brickell Ave, Flemings on Brickell ave, Prime 112, Wolfgang's, PM Steakhouse, Edge Steakhouse, Smith & Wollensky are all wonderful steakhouses.

Boulud Sud is Daniel Boulud's Mediterranean restaurant in the Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami and is fantastic.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. We're staying in Downtown Miami but are willing to go a little out the way for someplace special. Nothing is really off the table but we have one in our party who has problems with some seafood so we want to make sure there are plenty of alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the suggestions. We're staying in Downtown Miami but are willing to go a little out the way for someplace special. Nothing is really off the table but we have one in our party who has problems with some seafood so we want to make sure there are plenty of alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Prime 112 and Smith & Wollensky are over the bridge on the beach. All the other places that I mentioned are in the Brickell/downtown area.

I have found most of the nice restaurants around here to be very good at handling food issues. I have a family member that is allergic to seafood.

I really think Smith and Wollensky is the place that you are looking for. Because of the location, it's so much more than just a restaurant, though it's easily one of the best steakhouses in Miami as well. You can see the beach, walk the inlet, the park, the pier, etc. It's just perfect and definitely something I would describe as "special".

I too would second (or maybe third) Smith and Wollensky because of the cuisine, restaurant and the views. We do like the Capital Grille. as well but in terms of a nice view I would go with Smith and Wollensky.

Both have other locations and websites to allow you to make reservations but also have menus so that will give you a good indication of the choices available.

Enjoy.

Keith

The Forge in Miami Beach is excellent. The food is great and the restaurant itself has a lot of charm. For a special occasion I would rate this place in my personal top three of all time. Expensive but really worth it. What a way to get your cruise started.

If you are up for some culture and good food, I love going to the Bayside Marketplace. They usually have Cuban music and dancing, the view of the bay is beautiful, there are a bunch of restaurants and shopping there, as well.

If you are up for some culture and good food, I love going to the Bayside Marketplace. They usually have Cuban music and dancing, the view of the bay is beautiful, there are a bunch of restaurants and shopping there, as well.

Bayside is a nice place to visit, but one of the last places I would recommend for dinner. And culture? I mean, yea there is music. But it is a tourist marketplace. Wynwood, Brickell, Little Havana, that is culture.

Bayside is a nice place to visit, but one of the last places I would recommend for dinner. And culture? I mean, yea there is music. But it is a tourist marketplace. Wynwood, Brickell, Little Havana, that is culture.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it, lol. I actually used to work at the Bayside Chili's many moons ago.

We will be in Miami in late November and are looking for a nice restaurant for dinner. One of the ladies in my party will be celebrating her 70th birthday and we want to go somewhere nice as a surprise before we leave on our cruise the next day. Looking for mainly steak house or Mediterranean. Some in our family are allergic to seafood. Thanks in advance.

This is like asking for a nice restaurant in New York, San Francisco, LA, etc. You need to be much more specific.

Do you want to spend $30, $50, or $100 per person?

You will find both Steak Houses and Mediterranean (Mediterranean is broad: Italian, Greek, etc.)

Every Steakhouse or Mediterranean restaurant is going to have seafood so there is always a chance of cross contamination.

Thank you everyone. We decided on Smith & Wollensky and we are really looking forward to it.

FANTASTIC choice. You will love it. And yes, please do come back after and let us know how it went.

That's a shame as we were planing on going to a place called Ball and Chain for a drink,might have to give it a miss.

Little Havana is fine at night so long as you use common sense and stay on the main street. I have gone to Ball and Chain late at night many times. On a Friday or Saturday night the area will be pretty busy.

While I think there are easier and better places to grab a drink. If you want to check out Ball and Chain then go. It is not a dangerous area that one should not consider going there.

During the day the area is packed with tourist.

Little Havana is fine at night so long as you use common sense and stay on the main street. I have gone to Ball and Chain late at night many times. On a Friday or Saturday night the area will be pretty busy.

While I think there are easier and better places to grab a drink. If you want to check out Ball and Chain then go. It is not a dangerous area that one should not consider going there.

During the day the area is packed with tourist.

Thanks. As we are from UK and probably won't have Uber can we get a taxi easy enough from Ball & Chain back to our hotel ?