Seward to Anchorage Transport

betsybug

Two weeks from cruise and Celebrity says everyone is on a wait list on their bus. Train is not good because it departs in evening and we lose a night with daughter in Anchorage. Rental car one way is over $300 for one day and over $500 for three days.

Celebrity says there is "private transportation" vendor but will not reveal it. What is the private transportation?

There's also the Park Connection: http://www.alaskacoach.com/schedule.html#rates

My personal recommendation would be the rental car.Do the one way from Seward to Anchorage. And then if you are staying longer, do a separate rental in Anchorage. The price should work out cheaper than keeping the one way longer. But, this late in the game, rental cars are going to be expensive.

Doesn't Celebrity offer a cruise train transfer option like RCI does :confused:...We have used the RCI's one that leaves from right next to where the ship docks at 7:30am and arrives right to the door of the Anchorage airport at 11:30am...this is priced at $101.00pp (must be booked directly with your cruiseline) and is an amazing 126 mile narrated trip..We have done this option twice with the most recent one being on May 24th...an excellent option especially for those that have a flight out day of cruise or want to get to Anchorage earlier....Just note that your return flight can be scheduled no earlier than 2:30pm.

We've booked Alaska Cruise Transfers from Seward to Anchorage $59 PP; hope it works out no help from Celebrity. We were told that Celebrity does not have a place in Anchorage to hold luggage thus we're going directly to airport even though flight does not leave until 8:50PM. alaskacruisetransfer.com

I know you said train is not an option but I am going to go ahead and say this , the train route is one of the best parts of our excursion. It is simply right out of a dream. I would ideally do this for the morning run .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We also did Alaska Cruise Transfer because picking up a rental in Seward was crazy expensive.

It was a beautiful drive and an easy trip. We walked right out of the port terminal to our bus, which was lined up next to the Celebrity buses.

We've booked Alaska Cruise Transfers from Seward to Anchorage $59 PP; hope it works out no help from Celebrity. We were told that Celebrity does not have a place in Anchorage to hold luggage thus we're going directly to airport even though flight does not leave until 8:50PM. alaskacruisetransfer.com

What airline are you using...perhaps you can check in your luggage (or use Luggage Valet if an option) get your boarding passes then leave the airport(using a taxi to downtown) before going through security :confused: Not sure this will work..but I'm sure some will have a suggestion. Spending that many hours at ANC :eek:

We are using United, hopefully we can check bags early or use luggage valet . My experience with Celebrity thus far is they have not provided good customer service, I have had mixed answers for simple queries, my Celebrity Vacation Planner would just give me phone numbers when I had a question. We will have a great time on this cruisetour....just disappointed that Celebrity seems to have lowered their standards from the reviews I've read and apparently the tour portion in the Rockies by Brewster has no Celebrity involvement, very strange, you must ensure that your clients are being taken care of by your subcontractors .... The disclaimer about not being affiliated with the Candian Rockies Tour should have been a warning.... Oh well, FOOL ME ONCE. Hopefully reviews are wrong, as I said WE WILL HAVE A. GREAT TIME , will review tour and cruise when we get back.

• 1 month later...

I had previously used Mikes Taxi a year back for our trip from Seward to Anchorage ... everything went off smoothly then and hence decided to book with them again this year.

I just used them for transfer from Anchorage to Seward and how things have changed.

*Driver was late to collect us from airport

*The vehicle was dirty and reeked of smoke

*And most disturbing - the front windscreen was badly cracked

Do yourselves a favour and look elsewhere for transfers to Seward.

Mikes Taxi clearly lost the concept of professionalism.

Archived