Getting to Horseshoe Bay

zackarykeef

Hey, all...this will be my first time to Bermuda. Just a quick question re: Horseshoe Bay...not about getting there from the port, but getting to the actual beach once you're there. My mom is coming, and she has some mobility issues. Her legs are just a little weaker and her balance isn't the best, so she doesn't do long distances well. I was just wondering if there was any walk/hiking involved to get there from where you are dropped off, like at the Baths in Virgin Gorda, for instance. If it's just a short walk or a few steps, no problem. I just couldn't tell from pictures I've seen if you had to like...climb down rocks or something. Thanks, y'all! :D

I read on the website www.bermudaattractions.com that it is approximately 100 yards on packed sand to reach the beach from the parking lot where you are dropped off. I think there are some beach wheelchairs available for rent. I'm sure someone with first hand knowledge will come on here and post.

correction to the website:

The website is: www.bermuda-attractions.com

If you take a minibus or taxi to Horseshoe the walk from the parking lot is short. There is a stretch of flat path that is beside the concession/facilities building, then right on to the beach. No climbing down rocks or stairs. Or dunes. It is pretty flat from the parking lot. Takes about a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I will add that if you take public transportation (i.e. the island bus system) then you are dropped off at the top of a fairly long and steepish hill. I (being able bodied) do not want to make the hike back to the top to the bus stop at the end of the day and certainly would say that anyone with mobility issues shouldn't. We have seen on occasion some people being transported by golf carts but I do not know how that is arranged. If you have your heart set on HB, as others have said be sure to take a taxi or other private transportation.