Bottomless bubble or not?

paulfoel

it depends...

how much do you drink?

you don't all need to get it so maybe some of you drink more than the others?

if you drink more than 3 soda's a day, its probably worth it.

if your kids drink more than 3 but you don't, then just get it for them.

remember , tea, lemonade and water is free

Just a small clarification. You're not getting charged for the day you get off the ship, you're getting charged for the day you get on the ship. Also remember each person can carry on a 12 pack of soda when you get on the ship, and you can replenish your soda stash in port.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We still buy it for the under 18 in our family, but not for the over 18 and only they if they are pretty heavy soda drinkers. Under 18 break even at 3 drinks a day which is not too hard, but over 18 break even at 5 sodas a day. Not so hard on a sea day, but add in port days and most are usually better off just buying a coke when they want one. If you buy it, you also get the whole can. With Bottomless bubbles you get about half a coke with each order.

My wife and kids were also getting tired of half a flat coke when ordering sometimes and have just started bringing a 12 pack each onto the cruise. They enjoy this a lot better. You can often walk back to the cabin three times in the time it takes you to get one coke when they are busy. They also bring their insulated tumblers for their drinks.

I get it for my 15 year old because she drinks a lot of juice! She generally has a Shirley temple occasionally 2 at dinner which she uses cheers for and a few juices during the day. Since she’s under 18 the price isn’t too bad. But for a family it would add up quick.

I personally did not find it worth it. I don't know that I will do it again. I usually don't drink alcohol so I had thought it would be great with the small bottles I brought with me but I ended up not drinking at all. I'll buy per drink next time. We ended up drinking a lot of water, which is better for me anyway. :)

We've done both, the BB and bring on cans. But we don't drive and honestly, don't feel like walking around the hotel the night before to buy a 12-pack and then carry it with everything else. That's just us... But last time, friends joined us who drove, and they brought us 2 packs of soda. But we still got the BB for our son. He drinks a lot of juice as well, so he could get 2-3 at dinner and it didn't matter. And I love my Pepsi, so they brought that for me, but then I still like a root beer, so I get those on the ship. I drink a few sodas each day, plus if it gets watered down, I just get a new one.

My husband bought the bottom bubbles package but said he wouldn't do it again. We will just take a 12 pack with us. One night he wanted a can to take back to our room but didn't know there was a charge for that. You can only get sodas in a glass with ice. The drink was either $2.50 or $2.80, it was dark and hard to see the receipt to sign. Sometimes you can wait a long time in lines at the bar to get your sodas. We always had ice in our room from the cabin steward. My husband could walk to the ice machines where the tea and lemonade is faster than waiting in lines at time at the bars. He liked the lemonade, so it wasn't like he wouldn't have anything else to drink.

Four of us with 2 kids. 4 day cruise. Not cheap ($5 and $8 per day)

And you get charged for 4th day where you're off the boat in the morning.

Worth it? Or pay as you go?

Why ask that ??? only you know how much your family drinks.:o

Just as with everything else you buy, only you can know if it's "worth it."

For my family it isn't even close. There are free drinks all over the ship. Water, tea, lemonade, coffee, milk and chocolate milk all day every day, and in the mornings other fruit juices, are there for the taking.

Some ships have refrigerators in the cabins.

When we booked our cruise many months ago (pretty much first time cruisers), we right away knew we didn't want the alcohol package, but thought we might like the bubbles package. As time went on my wife decided she would forgo the bubbles package and more recently I decided I'd forgo it as well. We can each bring a 12 pack of cans of soda, and a bottle of wine each. We don't feel we'd need extra soda on top of the 12 cans, and we'd rather spend the money we'd have spent on a drinks package towards a meal or two at a specialty dining place. But like anything else everyone's unique and this really seems to depend on how much soda you drink typically, or think you'll drink as far as is it worth it or not.