Cosol Tour In St. Lucia

DJ1VIKES

Our experience with Cosol was that it was the best tour we've ever taken.

There is no need to stop for lunch, he feeds you throughout the tour. You get to taste fresh, right off the tree fruits, Johnny cakes (a local favorite) fresh baked breads and taste delicious homemade rum.

You can make a stop at a beach (we did) and the beach was beautiful and the water crystal clear. We had our snorkel stuff with us and had a blast.

You won't regeret your tour with Cosol, and I know you'll find St Lucia one of the most breath taking places you've ever been. :D

We did the tour from the Norwegian Pearl march/07. It has been one of our best tours. There is no lunch served, but we stopped at a fruit stand and tasted fresh fruit, and also had johnnycakes and fried fish things at one of the stops. Here are a couple pictures of the twin peaks, waterfall, the volcano and sulpher, and Cosol's brothr "yellowbird" was our driver. He was excellent! I would highly recommend this excursion!

nORWEGIANEARL03220070p055.jpg.548bceb785309288a62fc6ef42898a93.jpg

nORWEGIANEARL03220070p060.jpg.45dfa22576e7c14760c31629014fb2dd.jpg

nORWEGIANEARL03220070p070.jpg.48e0d1f75301bfab49a419f2f7a6f2ae.jpg

nORWEGIANEARL03220070p093.jpg.daef0fb00b70958200a87cfa730aa17b.jpg

This was probably the best tour of our last vacation.

Eat a big breakfast and you'll be able to snack throughout the tour. We stopped for bananas right off of the trees and had the opportunity to sample local foods (like fly fish). If you're lucky, you'll also get to sample some St. Lucian rum!

We only spent about 45 minutes at the beach area. I had a drink at the bar and my husband got in the water to snorkle. Even though we snorkled in other places, he said this was the best. He got to watch an octopus. But, if you do decide to snorkle, take your own gear. It's expensive to rent at the beach.

The majority of the trip is throughout the rest of St. Lucia, though, and the drive is beautiful through the island. Enjoy the volcano (and hold your nose).

My wife & I toured with Cosol this past January. It was the best day of the cruise! We were snacking constantly! So many things to try, and all very good! You will not be hungry or thirsty!

We did not snorkel at all, but the stope at Jalouise was still the highlight!

We toured with Cosol in November and we had an excellent time. He loves green apples if you want to take him a few.

People had described his tour very well so I will not go into a lot more of that. I will mention two points.

First we were to go to the beach but he did not take us. His reason were two muddy water from heavy rains the day before and one of our group was not feeling well.

Second St Lucia is a beautiful Island but the roads are very twisty and up and down. Thus this is what made one of our party sick. Cosol had to stop about 4 times for her. So if motion sickness may be a problem don't sit in the back of the van or take something with you.

In all an excellent tour.

Cosol's tour was the BEST tour we've ever taken. The beach time is dependent on the group you're with. If someone wants more time I think he'll give it. He has a cooler in the van with water, soda and beer and the food stops were nice snacks!

Hi HALOS! I haven't seen you around the boards since our Miracle cruise! You were a big help to me on the CCL board when I was taking the grandsons & asking questions about Carnival! Great to "see" you again! :D

Well, hello to you too! :D

One additional point as a reminder for folks who do this tour. Cosol will stop to sample local fruits (all types) and nuts. While at this store/stand (whatever you want to call it) you can also use the restrooms. The charge is $1 per person (this offsets the cost of keeping it clean, supplies, etc and also generates a revenue for the owner.

All in all this is one of the best tours I've ever done (and I've done this one twice). In answer to your question regarding snorkling. First time I forgot my swim suit so I just walked the beach. My next trip we waded into the water and just relaxed. It was/is a nice way to cool off if it is a hot day. Enjoy.

Several of us did not want to go to the beach, so he took us back to the ship, while the two other vans in our "group" went to the beach. No problem - we just let Cosol know and he took care of the rest! You will enjoy the tour, but do heed the advice about the twisty roads and motion sickness. It is a beautiful island and Cosol, Yellowbird and the other driver (can't remember his name...) were the best!

Liz

A large group of CC members spent the day with Cosol and his guides last Wednesday in St. Lucia. It was a WONDERFUL tour!

We met outside the ship at 8:20 and were on the road in 14 passenger vans by 8:45. There were at least 120 folks on the tour, but it never felt like too many people. Cosol's vans are new and comfortable.. all Toyota or Mitsibushi.

Yellowbird was our guide and he was fantastic! (Yellowbird is his nickname; his given name is Hillary and he is Cosol's brother.) The roads are indeed curvy, but we stopped every 15-20 minutes or so to see the sights (banana plantation, waterfall and flower garden, drive thru volcano, towns and fishing villages, scenic overlooks, the Pitons, and the beach). and there were at least 3 stops where food and drink (both alcoholic and non) was plentiful.

We spent an hour at the beach at Jalouise Plantation, which was nice enough but expensive. (A hamburger went for around 15 dollars, snorkeling equipment could be rented for 15 dollars, and a beach chair went for 20 dollars per hour.)

Cosol's tour was probably the best tour I have ever done and I highly recommend that you see St. Lucia with Cosol or one of his drivers. His tour provides an action packed day.... we arrived back to the ship at 4:15 P.M.! You can't go wrong with a Cosol tour! :) Here are a few pictures for you!

1756126790_ourshipserenadeinst.lucia.jpg.1250e13c6805c45660e5238d51c94741.jpg

1926016380_palmsandpitons.jpg.42d9ab6872466e4bb2f224581a0a46a6.jpg

1275316304_serenadeoftheseas025.jpg.a3718e8d3145197d7d17575a4c708d90.jpg

1032049978_serenadeoftheseas035.jpg.56d97cea95adbdcd20aa89062e2ed592.jpg

696077819_serenadeoftheseas057.jpg.dea15fc01272fdea7bbc4db486891eb6.jpg

I along with Patrioticgirl was also on Cosol's tour. Our drivers name was Bumpy. He was just great. This tour is about the best you can get for your money. Wonderful tour, stories, went to a banana plantation and has a taste of the most yummy banana. waterfall, volcano. St. Lucia was definitely the most lush and colorful island, it was just beautiful. Unlimited drinks all day including homemade rum punch and St. Lucias own beer Piton Beer. It was truly a wonderful day.

Pgirl it was great to meet you and everyone else that day!

We did the tour w/Cosul while on the Serenade last February and it is definitely the best tour we've ever taken.....we don't usually like "tours"!!! You don't have lunch but you eat alot of stuff. Johnny Cakes and dough boys by the waterfall, banannas at the banana plantation, bread and cheese from some guys house, cookies from another guys house.....and plenty of rum punch and Piton Beer!!! You spend an hour at the beach but I'm not sure about snorkeling. I'd say to save the snorkeling for another day because the Cosul tour is the best!

Laura

We went on Cosol's tour this past December and it was the best excursion we have ever done! Our driver was Baptiste and he was excellent! We ate all day until we couldn't eat another bite and he would insist on eating something else! The Piton beer was so good - does anyone know where we can purchase it in the U.S.? Don't forget to buy some banana ketchup to bring home. We brought some home for Christmas presents and it was a hit!

Several of us did not want to go to the beach, so he took us back to the ship, while the two other vans in our "group" went to the beach. No problem - we just let Cosol know and he took care of the rest! You will enjoy the tour, but do heed the advice about the twisty roads and motion sickness. It is a beautiful island and Cosol, Yellowbird and the other driver (can't remember his name...) were the best!

Liz

Unless you have already been to Jalousie, skipping this beach is not a good idea. The setting between the 2 Pitons is spectacular.

Cruise_004111.jpg

OK,

someone said to bring cosol green apples that they are his favorite. How do you do this. Can they be brought on the ship, then taken back off at port?? I know I read somewhere that food cannot be taken off the ship unless it is packaged?? Would love to give him something, but what to know how to go about it.

We just booked this tour for our november cruise. Can someone how has been on it tell me about what to take, how much extra money? Is it safe to leave while swimming? What about cameras? just take the underwater or what about my good camera? Can you let some of your things in the van?? We don't carry a lot of money, but I want to have enough to buy things.

OK,

someone said to bring cosol green apples that they are his favorite. How do you do this. Can they be brought on the ship, then taken back off at port?? I know I read somewhere that food cannot be taken off the ship unless it is packaged?? Would love to give him something, but what to know how to go about it.

We just booked this tour for our november cruise. Can someone how has been on it tell me about what to take, how much extra money? Is it safe to leave while swimming? What about cameras? just take the underwater or what about my good camera? Can you let some of your things in the van?? We don't carry a lot of money, but I want to have enough to buy things.

You need to bring money to pay for the tour, tip, and there are opportunities to make purchases. I would suggest 80-100/person. I use a water wallet so that I can keep money, credit cards, seapass with me.

My husband and I also took this tour on March 26th and it was great. Our driver was Baptist and he was a lot of fun. Like someone said earlier, even though there were a lot of people on the tour, it did not feel crowded. As far as how much money to bring, you will need small bills to use the restrooms. Also, you need money for tipping. We tipped the snake handler (we took a picture of the snake), we tipped the guide at the sulpher springs and we tipped pur driver. I know some say they were only at the beach for 45 minutes, but we had 1 1/2 hours. If you tell your driver that you want to spend more time at the beach, then they will make sure to get you there sooner.

what about cameras or dry clothes?

We carried our good camera. The only wet opportunities are at the waterfall and the beach. We didn't go swimming/snorkeling so it wasn't a problem. Also, when you get out if you are leaving stuff in the van just tell your driver and he will lock it up for you.

We did this tour last week and it was amazing. We were lucky to have Cosol himself as our driver. I didn't look at my watch one time. The sweetbread and cheese he gives out towards the end of the tour is outstanding. I would love to go back

The sweetbread and cheese he gives out towards the end of the tour is outstanding. I would love to go back

Ooh, forgot about the bread and cheese. That was good.

BTW, our driver was Bompy and he was great. We just left stuff right on the van...no problem.

Archived