Help reaching Nativeway Watersports!

megbowlstrike

Hi! I took the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion with Nativeway Watersports last Oct and want to book them again for my group this Oct. I emailed them for info about the tour in April as their website wasn't working. I just heard from my group on Sat, June 30, that they were ready to book.

I've been trying to contact Nativeway ever since and have yet to get a response. I've sent them multiple emails, filled out their booking form online, messaged them on Facebook, and have called their US number multiple times. I've basically been trying to book with them for almost two weeks now and have yet to hear anything back.

I'm almost ready to take our business elsewhere, but I really enjoyed the tour and really want to book with them. I've been using the correct email address (nativway@candw.ky) and have been calling 203-681-8665. Sharon's voice mail picks up, so I know it's the right number. Any tips to get in touch with them?

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you got in touch as they are great. It also took us several emails and calls to get in touch again but had a private charter with them a couple of weeks ago for the second time and it was great as usual. Were a family of 5 and had the boat to ourselves, a private charter with them really isn't much more than we would pay for excursions for 5 people and more than worth it.

I reached out via the contact form and heard back after a couple of days. I have a spot reserved but I need to provide my credit card to hold. She gave me a number to call. I get voice mail. Is it safe to leave the CC number on the voicemail? What is the time difference between cayman time and pacific time if anyone happens to know off the top of their head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reviews of Rum Point are indicating brown water and a bad smell. Anyone who has been to Rum Point have this experience? Thanks in advance!

There was a stretch of time this summer where giant floating masses of sargassum filled the waters around Grand Cayman. Yes, it was brown and stinky. The sargassum has moved on, however, and the water in most areas is nice again.

Reviews of Rum Point are indicating brown water and a bad smell. Anyone who has been to Rum Point have this experience? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a private charter for the second time in August with Native Way & it was awesome as usual! At that time and in June 2017 the water at Rum Point was disgusting!! The food & drinks are good but not the beach/water. Hopefully it clears up as I'm sure it hurts their business and nothing they can really do about it.

There was a lot of grass type stuff last week in the water. Not great for hanging out in the water but not smelly. After swimming in the ocean with the rays and snorkeling in the ocean, we were perfectly happy to not swim at rum point. I suspect there are much better beaches for the straight beach experience but for the combined experience I would still go with this tour. Rum point is kind of an experience by itself with the food and drink and hammocks and chairs right on the water. Its got a fun vibe

Native ways has a shorter tour you could do and still have a couple of hours to hang out on 7 Mile beach. I just really like Sharon and the company. I wouldn't ever chose anyone else if I went back.

I have been trying to contact Nativeway with no luck through email. Filled out the form, it says incorrect address. I called once and left message..

Really getting frustrated. Does someone have a correct email as the one on web is not working for me. Thanks

We've taken an excursion three times prior to our upcoming cruise. There was a mix up due to weather the last time we were in GC and Sharon offered us a discount on our next booking. We will be there next week so I reached out to them the first of August, it took weeks for a reply. I never received a confirmation and have emailed her three times trying to get it. In the past they were very quick to reply and very professional. I don't know what is going on but they obviously don't want my business any longer. We are still on the fence about what to do.

• 4 weeks later...

You have all had better luck than I have!   I've sent emails and left voicemails, including the US number.   I even stated that I understand if you are all booked up, but please let me know either way so I can make other arrangements with someone else.   I never did get any response.   I've done the tour before and loved it, but this level of response is frustrating and unsettling when you have 8 people counting on you to find the perfect excursion.

15 minutes ago, Oceans4 said:

You have all had better luck than I have!   I've sent emails and left voicemails, including the US number.   I even stated that I understand if you are all booked up, but please let me know either way so I can make other arrangements with someone else.   I never did get any response.   I've done the tour before and loved it, but this level of response is frustrating and unsettling when you have 8 people counting on you to find the perfect excursion.

I would keep trying.  I did the same thing and finally Sharon answered when I called the US number.  We just got back a couple weeks ago and had an excursion with them...I called her the morning of and she called me right back.  I'd call often and hopefully at some point she'll pick up.  :)  I've also had good luck by emailing her too.  Hope this helps!