Damage To Dock at Cape Liberty?

Snookum

Just curious what is your thoughts on the Brilliance of the Seas not being able to dock to take us on our cruise this Friday. I don't know anything about this sort of thing so sitting here and listening to all the wind before my power goes out thought I'd get everyone's thoughts on this. ;)

Looking forward to next week ESPECIALLY after dealing with this horrible weather THIS week!

I looked for another thread about any damage or anything. I just hope all of the passengers are okay!!! Physical damage to the ship can be fixed! I also hope that the cars parked at the pier are okay and didn't suffer damage.

Curious to see if the pier DID suffer any damage too or not...

The dock at Cape Liberty is concrete and has been there for years. It would take a cat 4 hurricane to damage it.

Someone posted (I think on our roll call) that the port and pier were just fine about an hour ago.

I wish people would quit panicking and jumping to conclusions. There's so much misinformation due to "rumors".

Sorry everyone I was hypothesizing. Sitting at home in the bad weather, we are near the water, and thinking what were the chances of anything happening? Not that it did happen! Just was taking up my time being curious on what people thought were the chances that there could be problems and what they could be. I'm not as versed as some in knowing the dock was concrete. Also there was the building where you check in, etc., was just looking for thoughts, like having conversation. Not "spreading rumors" my goodness as someone once said on these boards you have to watch what you say.:eek:

hope to see you there as long as the airport is open on saturday were flying in from the UK

Hey I hope you and Phil enjoy the trip and arrive without any issues. We were on the Jewel TA with you guys last year and I think we had some drinks together in the Viking Crown.

Keep the EOS safe for my Dec 3 cruise!

Mike

Sorry everyone I was hypothesizing. Sitting at home in the bad weather, we are near the water, and thinking what were the chances of anything happening? Not that it did happen! Just was taking up my time being curious on what people thought were the chances that there could be problems and what they could be. I'm not as versed as some in knowing the dock was concrete. Also there was the building where you check in, etc., was just looking for thoughts, like having conversation. Not "spreading rumors" my goodness as someone once said on these boards you have to watch what you say.:eek:

You have very valid concerns. The cruiseline has information on their website saying as of now there are no changes but to keep checking.

Considering there are reports of some small rail cars and debris piles on the New Jersey turnpike, having concerns about the cruiseport is natural.

Hey I hope you and Phil enjoy the trip and arrive without any issues. We were on the Jewel TA with you guys last year and I think we had some drinks together in the Viking Crown.

Keep the EOS safe for my Dec 3 cruise!

Mike

you were and we did a fantastic cruise:)

I think that sign should read no surf boarding:D:eek:

Hello Nick

Hope you have an uneventful flight across the pond and great cruise. Maybe Phil will behave himself and not embarass you at the Diamond event. We sail Sat from Barcelona on the Navigator our first and maybe last TA. Say hello to your Mum from Margaret and Neil

Hi margaret well if newark airprt opens in time thenim sure we will as for phil behaving himself i doubt that very much:eek:

I hope you and Neil have a fantastic cruise and maybe we will cruise together again sometime make sure you keep hold of your suitcase this time:rolleyes:

Nick:)

I got this reply from the Bayonne Mayor's office this evening.

There was flooding at the cruise port facility. The extent of the damage depends on where the vehicle was parked.

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:59 PM

To: Mayors.Office@BayNJ.org

Subject: From BayonneNJ.org

Any reports of cars being flooded at the cruise port?? Friends coming home on Explorer Sunday want to know how their car fared. Thank you kindly, Becci

I can tell you what happened to us in 2005 when the New Orleans Pier was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. The Voyager of the Seas found a new home port in Galveston and stayed there until last year.

I got this reply from the Bayonne Mayor's office this evening.

There was flooding at the cruise port facility. The extent of the damage depends on where the vehicle was parked.

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:59 PM

To: Mayors.Office@BayNJ.org

Subject: From BayonneNJ.org

Any reports of cars being flooded at the cruise port?? Friends coming home on Explorer Sunday want to know how their car fared. Thank you kindly, Becci

Don't you think the Mayor is a little busy right now dealing with a flooded city and its 62,000 residents?

Don't you think the Mayor is a little busy right now dealing with a flooded city and its 62,000 residents?

Aren't you nice? You realize the mayor's office has a staff that answers emails right? If they were too busy to answer, they wouldn't have.

Thanks BND....but I'm used to it:rolleyes:

Look I Googled Bayonne,NJ and got this:

http://www.bayonnenj.org/

From there I clicked on the clicking here and an email window came up so I sent the email. I really didn't expect to get an answer, BUT they didn't have to answer now did they?:cool:

But as usual, time will prove me right. I don't make things up Mema.

We are currently on Brilliance docked in Portland Maine.

The Captain informed us yesterday evening at 6PM, after talking with shore side in Bayonne, that the infrastructure would be ready for us upon our arrival on Friday morning.

It's not the terminal that is of concern. The Coast Guard must give us clearance to enter the port. They must check the sea lane to ensure that there is nothing below the surface of the water to do harm to the ship. We are hoping to hear good news today.

Archived