On Line check In

Sgt US Army

No, it's not true. I just booked my flights for my 9/29/18 cruise and I was able to complete my online check-in last week. All you can do is give it a try and call Carnival if something is not working properly. But if you don't have complete info yet (if you haven't booked your flights, etc) then you can't complete your booking.

No, it's not true. I just booked my flights for my 9/29/18 cruise and I was able to complete my online check-in last week. All you can do is give it a try and call Carnival if something is not working properly. But if you don't have complete info yet (if you haven't booked your flights, etc) then you can't complete your booking.

It is true. The policy changed a few days ago. At first they changed it to 360 days out. The next day they changed it to 90 days out. Carnival changed their FAQs.

Q: When can I select my Arrival Appointment online?

A: Arrival Appointments can be selected any time after you make a reservation, for sailings within 90 days of departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date.

My 2/10/19 sailing will be available 11/12/18.

Online Check-In (Available Nov 12, 2018)

My 12/30/19 sailing will be available 10/1/19.

Online Check-In (Available Oct 1, 2019)

Incorrect information.

Yes, you have to wait 90 days prior to your sailing to check-in.

Not sure what a flight has to do with your online checkin, unless you're booking your flight through Carnival?

Okay, so I just went on there and now it says a date?? Does that mean that my on board account, etc, will be done. I literally had already put in passport info, credit card for on board account, everything the other day! Wonder if it's all still in there waiting now? That was the weirdest thing ever!

It even still says my check in time up above.

Okay, when I went in another way, all my info was still in there for check in and all my things still had a little green check mark next to them so I guess it's all still there. Credit card was still there, contract still signed, etc. Crazy!

• 2 months later...

I checked in online quite some time ago for Nov 18 sailing but was still waiting for the 'check in time' option. When I looked this morning it is telling me online check in will not be available until mid August (90 days prior) and to check back at that time. I thought it was an error but I guess not. :(

It could be that many were booked for a cruise more than 90 days out and had already checked in online. I did that aand i have another cruise over a year out which says i can book after July 1 of next year

I checked in online quite some time ago for Nov 18 sailing but was still waiting for the 'check in time' option. When I looked this morning it is telling me online check in will not be available until mid August (90 days prior) and to check back at that time. I thought it was an error but I guess not. :(

It could be that many were booked for a cruise more than 90 days out and had already checked in online. I did that aand i have another cruise over a year out which says i can book after July 1 of next year

Yeah, if you happened to complete online check-in before the 90-day policy was put in place, from what I've heard, they keep the information you've entered. Then, once you reach the 90-day mark, it'll still be there and you can make any changes if necessary and complete the entire process.

I had already taken care of the check-in for our cruise a long time ago. My mother-in-law called me this weekend and said she wanted to check on which card she had used for Sail &Sign and it wouldn't let her in. I checked and sure enough, gotta wait until July 8th. No big deal. I was told that one of the main reasons for the change was so many people were checking back in and making changes so they figured that 90 days out they would have less changes being made. Of course they are not married to my husband. He changes his mind at least a dozen times within a week of the cruise.

I was told that one of the main reasons for the change was so many people were checking back in and making changes so they figured that 90 days out they would have less changes being made.

Tell that to American Airlines.

I had to make flight number/time changes three times for my 8/15/16 cruise. I had to call web support for those changes and when initially entering the information because of a glitch. The glitch involved my pre-cruise hotel check out date. This glitch affected my ability to enter flight information.

I booked the flights on 2/28/16. I had three flights each way. I was able to enter all three of the flights to get to LAX. On the bottom of the page was a question about staying in a hotel the night before the cruise. I put my check out date as 8/15/16, the first day of the cruise. I would click continue and get an error message saying the check out date had to be on or before the first day of the cruise. The second and third flight had disappeared. Web support had to enter the second and third flight. They also had to enter the three flights to get home since I couldn't get past the inbound flight page. I had to call in for all three changes because the hotel glitch was still happening, causing the second and third inbound flight to revert to the previous entry.

Incorrect information.

Yes, you have to wait 90 days prior to your sailing to check-in.

Not sure what a flight has to do with your online checkin, unless you're booking your flight through Carnival?

Lol, my information is not "incorrect", it's a fact, the rules must have changed after I did my online check-in.

Have you never used online check in? The site has *always* asked how I'm getting to the cruise, and for flight info if available, and no, I have never booked my flight via Carnival.

Lol, my information is not "incorrect", it's a fact, the rules must have changed after I did my online check-in.

Have you never used online check in? The site has *always* asked how I'm getting to the cruise, and for flight info if available, and no, I have never booked my flight via Carnival.

Yes, I have checked in online for every cruise. You can check-in online without providing your flight information.That is not a requirement to check-in. In fact I have never put my flight information in when completing my online check-in.

Yes, I have checked in online for every cruise. You can check-in online without providing your flight information.That is not a requirement to check-in. In fact I have never put my flight information in when completing my online check-in.

I'm aware that it's not required, but I'd rather fill everything out once, and provide all of my info, since I travel solo. Just another way of letting people know where I'm supposed to be. Not that we can count on Carnival to keep track of things :rolleyes: They don't seem able to find the info we give them a lot of the time, it can be frustrating.