Earliest Time to Fly from SEA Post Cruise

JAGR

I just got notification from American that our mid-afternoon domestic flight was cancelled. They rebooked us for an 8:45 a.m. flight. I know that's not doable, but looking at options, they are showing a flight at 11:00 a.m. or waiting until 8:00 p.m. or later and doing a red eye to the East Coast. We are on Ruby Princess and due into port at 7:00 a.m. Do you think the 11:00 is feasible? I see if you have Princess book a flight, the earliest is 11:30 a.m. We have TSA Pre-Check and are traveling in FIrst, so that should ease checking baggage and getting through security. I should note that I have to travel with lymphedema treatment equipment, so walk-off may not be viable. Anyone have any thoughts about our making the 11:00 a.m. flight? Thanks, John

I just got off Ruby on Saturday. We were one of the first ones off at approx. 7:25 AM. We used the fantastic service that allows you to check your bags from the ship the night before arrival and they take them to the airport .....you don't see them again until you arrive home. An 11 am flight should be no problem. Flat rate cab fare from the port to the airport is $40. We were at the airport by 8:30 AM. You'll love the Alaska cruise!!

One more thought....the baggage check process from the ship carries no charge. Since the port and airport are owned by the city they offer this service for no additional charge. I wasn't sure about using it but it worked like a charm. They also print out your boarding pass on the ship and delver them to your stateroom with the airline luggage tags. When you get to the airport you just head to security. Nice system.

A little reading on the West Coast Departures board would reveal several things. First, 11am is the earliest recommended, and many aren't comfortable with that. Second the free luggage service will not take your bags for flights before 11am.

The other issue is security at SEA can be very slow. So, I would definitely not say you can "easily" make an 11am flight. That is gross simplification based on one, random experience.

Thanks! Sorry. Didn't know about the West Coast Departure Board!

A little reading on the West Coast Departures board would reveal several things. First, 11am is the earliest recommended, and many aren't comfortable with that. Second the free luggage service will not take your bags for flights before 11am.

The other issue is security at SEA can be very slow. So, I would definitely not say you can "easily" make an 11am flight. That is gross simplification based on one, random experience.