How Long Did It Take You To Reach Platinum?

JamieLogical

I know that the Latitudes Tiers changed fairly recently and a lot of you were Platinum long before that, but I am curious how many years it took you to reach your Platinum or Platinum Plus status.

I just started cruising this past February. Will be going on my third NCL cruise in October, which is one of the cruises that awards double points. So I should reach Silver during my scheduled cruise on the Bliss NEXT February. That means I will have essentially gotten to Silver in a year, but I will still have a VERY long way to go until Platinum.

I think we had 15 plus cruises. Did not matter if they were 7 or 14 day, still was recorded as 1 cruise. A back to back was sometimes recorded as 2 depended on how the it was booked. Took a few years to get to platinum for us.

Took me 4 cruises to achieve platinum. My first NCL cruise landed me at silver (under the former tier structure).

I went silver in one cruise under the former structure too. It's the only cruise I've done so I'm still no where near platinum, lol. My son was with us on our first and he has his third cruise booked now, he'll hit gold after that completes and if he books the next cruise he's looking at he'd be platinum after that. So he has the potential to hit platinum in four cruises also. :)

It's all about the length of the trips and if you hit double points when you book.

I went silver in one cruise under the former structure too. It's the only cruise I've done so I'm still no where near platinum, lol. My son was with us on our first and he has his third cruise booked now, he'll hit gold after that completes and if he books the next cruise he's looking at he'd be platinum after that. So he has the potential to hit platinum in four cruises also. :)

It's all about the length of the trips and if you hit double points when you book.

My first cruise was a 7 day back in 2015, but with the early booking bonus at that time, and an extra point for haven, it was triple points.

I only do longer cruises now, look for insider offers, and book suite or haven. I love getting 42 points for a 14 day cruise. Will be platinum plus after my next cruise in November, although the difference between platinum and platinum plus is very insignificant.

It took my husband and I five cruises (all suite/Haven and the last three booked 9+ months out) to reach Platinum. It took our friend that cruises with us only four to reach Platinum. I think we have five more cruises to reach Platinum Plus (assuming that we get 14 points for each cruise).

I miss the old system of getting an extra point for booking 9 months out.

We started with Ncl in 2009 under the old structure and it was points per cruise not nights and most of ours were 9-12 nights so we got the equivalent of what a 3 night would be each time. When we started with 9 months out, suites etc we just got to platinum before they changed it. It then took us 3 to get to plus. Basically more than 10 cruises to get platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i think it took me 9 cruises, adn after my last one i just made Plat Plus. but i had a few where i earned double points and for panama we earned triple points on that 14 day sail as we booked ahead when they still gave you that exra point and we had a suite.

Wow, it sounds like you could get there pretty fast under the old system! I doubt we'll be doing any Havens, so our best hope is double points. But even with double points, it would still take 40 nights to get to the 80 points needed for Platinum. So 5-6 cruises depending on the length?

As it is, we already have our next three cruises booked and only one of them is double points. We are on the Escape in October (double points), then the Bliss in February, then the Encore TA in November of 2019. After all of that, we will still only be at 46 points total, which is still 9 points shy of Gold. It would still take us three more double-point 7-night cruises to get to Platinum from there.

Here’s how we became Platinum.

Nov. 2014 14 day PC cruise from LA to Miami ........................... 14 points

Feb 2015 7 day Western Caribbean from New Orleans............... 7 points

Jan 2016 7 day Western Caribbean from Houston .......................7 points

Dec 2016 7 day Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral ..........21 points

Dec 2017 14 day PC cruise from Miami to LA ...........................28 points

That gave us 77 points when 76 points was required for platinum status. Since then we took 4 day cruise Jan 2018 to Cozumel giving us 81 points.

yea, folks def got there fast under the old program which is probably why they changed it.

dont entirely rule out a haven or suite. there are often decent deals to be had particularly for non-haven suites that you find on the non-mega ships.

Here’s how we became Platinum.

Nov. 2014 14 day PC cruise from LA to Miami ........................... 14 points

Feb 2015 7 day Western Caribbean from New Orleans............... 7 points

Jan 2016 7 day Western Caribbean from Houston .......................7 points

Dec 2016 7 day Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral ..........21 points

Dec 2017 14 day PC cruise from Miami to LA ...........................28 points

That gave us 77 points when 76 points was required for platinum status. Since then we took 4 day cruise Jan 2018 to Cozumel giving us 81 points.

Awesome! That format was really helpful. Looks like it took you just about three years with five cruises to get there, but a few double/triple point cruises in there. I think we would be on track to maybe get there in about the same amount of time, but with more cruises, since all of ours are only 7 days, except for the Encore TA (11 days). Our Encore TA will put us at just under two years of cruising, so if we are smart about trying to book only double points in 2020, we might be able to get there by our three year mark.

We will be platinum after our cruise in Oct on the dawn 14 days. We only take 7 day cruises so this will be something new for us. We took about 8 cruises to get to platinum in 7 years but we did take a 11 day last Oct on the Jade we really liked the longer cruise.

We started cruising in 2010 and were Platinum by 2017 after 6 NCL cruises

7+7+21+14+20+27

7 was a 7 night cruise - no specials

7 was a 7 night cruise - no specials

21 was a 7 night that had a double point special + suite special

14 was a 7 night that had a double point special

20 was a 10 night that had a double special

27 was a 9 night that had a double special + suite special

To me the goal was to get to Platinum as that level gets you a better perk jump than the others.

Platinum Plus won't mean much and we'll never see Ambassador in our lifetime.

My first cruise was a 7 day back in 2015, but with the early booking bonus at that time, and an extra point for haven, it was triple points.

I only do longer cruises now, look for insider offers, and book suite or haven. I love getting 42 points for a 14 day cruise. Will be platinum plus after my next cruise in November, although the difference between platinum and platinum plus is very insignificant.

Yes, our's was triple points for early booking and a suite also. and Long cruises are totally the way to go! :)

I know that the Latitudes Tiers changed fairly recently and a lot of you were Platinum long before that, but I am curious how many years it took you to reach your Platinum or Platinum Plus status.

I just started cruising this past February. Will be going on my third NCL cruise in October, which is one of the cruises that awards double points. So I should reach Silver during my scheduled cruise on the Bliss NEXT February. That means I will have essentially gotten to Silver in a year, but I will still have a VERY long way to go until Platinum.

It took us 4 years. In that time we only took 4 cruises but they awarded us points for a 1985 cruise and Kevin Sheehan gave us some points when I wrote him a letter about recycling.