Uber from port liberty to time square

renza

I have called dial 7 and a few other transportation companies. They are all around $70 + tolls + 20% tip. Four people with 4 bags so we need a mini van. Is it easy to get a uber xl at port to go to time square for less than $110?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have called dial 7 and a few other transportation companies. They are all around $70 + tolls + 20% tip. Four people with 4 bags so we need a mini van. Is it easy to get a uber xl at port to go to time square for less than $110? My Uber app shows it to be around $68 including all.

On our last cruise from Port Liberty we had no issue getting from our hotel near EWR to the port using Uber.

On the way back, not so much. No Uber cars available. Be careful.

Not familiar with Uber but can't you reserve in advance so you would know if no cars are available in advance.

Don't whatever you decide to do get into one of those 'black' cars. We were unfamiliar with Port Liberty having never sailed from there and just wanted a ride up to 34th Street light railway station I think it is called where we were meeting our friends. A little over 2 miles later the driver asked for $35 so do be careful.

Don't whatever you decide to do get into one of those 'black' cars. We were unfamiliar with Port Liberty having never sailed from there and just wanted a ride up to 34th Street light railway station I think it is called where we were meeting our friends. A little over 2 miles later the driver asked for $35 so do be careful.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. There is a taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty in the outdoor parking area across the road from the garage. If you go to the dispatcher and tell him where you're going, he will quite you the prices and get you the transportation. In Feb I paid $5/pp to go to the light rail.

I have called dial 7 and a few other transportation companies. They are all around $70 + tolls + 20% tip. Four people with 4 bags so we need a mini van. Is it easy to get a uber xl at port to go to time square for less than $110?

Using the Fare Estimator at Uber.com, it looks like an UberXL would run you $50-60. You can download the app to your phone and get an estimate as well as the available cars in the area.

I can’t imagine not be able to get an Uber in that area. I suppose if that were the case, you just find an alternate plan.

Finally, if you are a new Uber rider, you can get a $15 discount on your first ride with a promo code from an existing Uber rider.

If you (or anyone) needs a code, use mine: 6y3g9

Neal in Cincinnati.