A $30 burger?

nobog

From the News Section:

Most significantly, the Corning Glass Museum and the Solstice class' famous glass-blowing demonstrations are being replaced by the Lawn Club Grill specialty restaurant. For $30 per person, passengers can dine at cruising's first outdoor interactive grill venue: During lunch, the menu will feature high-end burgers and pizzas....

I don't think so....

(must be the best burger - ever)

Hi Nobog !

I was on the Conference Call today, and the plan is for Lunch to be Complimentary. Dinner will be $ 30 PP, and will feature (Per the Celebrity Press Release) Top Quality Meats - the photo showed Steaks, not standard Lunch fare. In other words, it shouldn't cost $30 for a Burger.

Of course, anything can change over the next several months, so we will have to wait and see.

From the News Section:

Most significantly, the Corning Glass Museum and the Solstice class' famous glass-blowing demonstrations are being replaced by the Lawn Club Grill specialty restaurant. For $30 per person, passengers can dine at cruising's first outdoor interactive grill venue: During lunch, the menu will feature high-end burgers and pizzas....

I don't think so....

(must be the best burger - ever)

So does interactive mean you cook it yourself, too?:rolleyes:

So does interactive mean you cook it yourself, too?:rolleyes:

Hi Franma !

That was the sense I was getting. Maybe not for all meals, but it sounded like some participation would be offered. I wish they were a bit more detailed on today's call. It's possible the Guest cooking experience may be for Seminars and such. Celebrity seems to be heavily moving into the Guest being a part of the show - Qsine is a great example of this.

I'm sure many will be excited with the new plans, and others may not. The beauty is, if you don't like it, there will be plenty of other things to do onboard.

No...you don't have to cook.

If you look at this paragraph in the Press Release, it specifically

says you can cook or not. THE LAWN CLUB GRILL:

"By night, in a particularly unique twist, guests will have their choice from an array of top-quality meats to either grill themselves, side-by-side with Celebrity's chefs, or have grilled to order. A nominal surcharge will apply. Complementing the dinner experience will be libations ranging from wines, beer and sangria, all consistent with the casual nature of the 56-seat restaurant."

There are choices which means you can if you want to and if you

don't want to you don't have to.

I knew they'd have something to do with big ovens in that area.. Glad we are booked on Equinox for this yr & may cancel Silho after that

not sure..some of the new things are nice but most of it involves extra charges--for $4000 in AQ I really would not want to spend much more for a cruise to the same old islands~

And they are apparently turning Michaels Club into a upscale beer , pretzels & large screen TV bar--can stay home for that kind of night out!!!

It reads to me like the "upscale burgers" would be part of a lunch menu not the $30.00 specialty rest. dinner menu..could be wrong but that's how it reads to me.

I'm excited about the changes. We always loved Michael's Club on the "M" class ships but hardly used it on Solstice or Eclipse. Poor piano players just didn't make it feel as "warm & fuzzy" as on Summit/Millie. Glad they are changing the entertainment options here, realize I may be in the minority on these boards but suspect we will visit that area more now.

It reads to me like the "upscale burgers" would be part of a lunch menu not the $30.00 specialty rest. dinner menu..could be wrong but that's how it reads to me.

Hi Gracie !

Thats what I said several posts ago. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27122482&postcount=4

The burgers are for Lunch, and should be complimentary. It's how Celebrity explained it on the call today. Unless something changes, the OP's comments appear to be baseless.

Hi Gracie !

Thats what I said several posts ago. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27122482&postcount=4

The burgers are for Lunch, and should be complimentary. It's how Celebrity explained it on the call today. Unless something changes, the OP's comments appear to be baseless.

A lot of this will need some time until its clear what everything means. Also, some areas won't be cleared up until customers get on board....Devil is in the details..

Hi Gracie !

That's what I thought. Andy,thanks for keeping us updated during the call today...it was great lunch time reading at work!!:)

That's what I thought. Andy,thanks for keeping us updated during the call today...it was great lunch time reading at work!!:)

My pleasure Gracie. I enjoyed it myself. I think Mr Hanrahan his Celebrity team did a great job covering a huge amount of information in a relatively short amount of time. I'm sure we will hear more details in the near future.

My wife loved that glass blowing thingy. I don't think she will be a happy camper. However yet another way to make money for the cruise line. It would be a great location though. Oh well..... things move on.:rolleyes:

They aren't taking the glass blowing out of Solstice, Equinox or Eclipse. Just not including them on Silhouette or Reflection so you'll have to make sure you take your wife back on the "right" ship;)

Phil

I know we will find out all in due course, for example, maybe the evening charges will be less than are applied elsewhere

Just a perspective though, one of the nicest steaks we ever had was at a restaurant where you cooked your own on a hot slate at your table. Your waiter stayed with you as you did it, so you had a nice chance to chat and he "paged" his assistant when your cooking got to a certain stage and hot plates appeared, five mins later (ie the steak resting time) all your sides and sauces were brought out

It was fun and in this place, the beef quality was exceptional.

Unless something changes, the OP's comments appear to be baseless.

Andy, while I appreciate your continued efforts to keep people in the know about Celebrity, your comment here does seem a bit misdirected. The OP was quoting from the Cruise News section on this site, which does not make it clear that the $30 is only applied at dinner.

maybe if it was a kobe beef burger!

A little off topic but maybe you can help me out. I had a kobe beef steak in a fancy Steak restaurant and it was the worst steak I ever had. I'm wondering if it was me or if maybe something was wrong with the prep. It tasted extremely bitter and had some other funny taste to it. Did not taste like a steak at all...

Archived