Hotel recommendations in San Juan

goldgirl2

We enjoyed Hyatt House which is right beside the RCCL Cruise ship pier. It's not on a beach or near downtown, but the pool is like a quiet oasis. Tip: sign up for the free "points" membership and get much better room rates. :D

Don't get it confused with Hyatt Place which is across the street......Hyatt Place has a larger pool area with a children water park play area making Hyatt place more for families.

Hyatt House provides a free hot breakfast where you can order incredible personalized omelettes on a small order card (this is free too)

Hyatt House is located here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@18.4566392,-66.0888322,116a,35y,90h,39.51t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

If you zoom out, you'll see the RCCL pier beside the old airport. Adventure of the Seas is in the picture and it's interesting to zoom in on the ship. And don't miss zooming out again and taking a virtual tour of San Juan.

On the morning of our cruise we could see the ship outside our window and it was a short 2 minute cab ride to the dock.

We enjoyed the Condado Plaza Hilton the last time we sailed from San Juan. Unfortunately they cancelled our reservation for our upcoming cruise in May. The email I got said they are not honoring reservations or taking new ones until June, but their website now looks like they are open again. Its not far from the Pan American pier, and within walking distance to many restaurants, bars, etc.

We stayed at the Sheraton Convention center. No beach, but a beautiful, elevated pool area where you can see the cruise ships in port on the morning of your cruise. It was a little pricey, but my wife needed to get work done before the night before the trip and we knew the Wifi was reliable. They had very good room service pizza. I am not sure of its post-hurricane status.

We stayed at the Sheraton Convention center. No beach, but a beautiful, elevated pool area where you can see the cruise ships in port on the morning of your cruise. It was a little pricey, but my wife needed to get work done before the night before the trip and we knew the Wifi was reliable. They had very good room service pizza. I am not sure of its post-hurricane status.
Sheraton convention is our new "go to" hotel the night before a cruise.

If I was going to be in San Juan more than one night.....I would choose the La Concha. It's a Marriott Renaissance hotel on the beach. Next door to the Marriott. It has a more modern/hip feel.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We enjoyed the Condado Plaza Hilton the last time we sailed from San Juan. Unfortunately they cancelled our reservation for our upcoming cruise in May. The email I got said they are not honoring reservations or taking new ones until June, but their website now looks like they are open again. Its not far from the Pan American pier, and within walking distance to many restaurants, bars, etc.

Hi

We're on same sailing (May 6th TA), why don't you come onto the roll call and say 'Hi' There's a few of us on there who sailed in November on the Westbound TA on Jewel too.

We have booked in the Marriot San Juan & Stellaris resort for our stay for 2 nights, we fly in on Friday May 4, and the reviews I've seen so far, and the contact with the hotel I've had (via email) has been very good.

They do say they are still working on one of their buildings (it's the block that has most of the accessible rooms), but they are hoping it will all be fully functional before we arrive in May.

Checking out of LaConcha Renaissance today. Great hotel. Good food, great oceanfront room, beautiful pool, nice beach area. Couldn’t ask for any better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time in San Juan we too did the LaConcha with Marriott points. Great location, ton of restaurants in the area. But, in my opinion, the food at LaConcha is overpriced and while the pool is lovely, the beach has the consistency of construction sand.

We are sailing out of San Juan for our cruise. I am not familiar with the area at all. Looking for a nice hotel with a pool maybe on a beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

We are staying at the S.J.Suites, Calle Fortaleza Old San Juan. It's a 3 *** in the heart of Old San Juan. The rate for one night was around $136.00 when I booked it a few weeks ago.]

Haven't stayed at the older hotels in the downtown area or near the old airport. Have stayed in the Condado area and Isla Verde (also called Carolina), out near the main airport. Condado gives you more of a feel of Puerto Rico, with older local restaurants and a beach that almost isn't usable - major surf the times we were there. Isla Verde is more of a typical tourist area with both local and fast food, Walgreens, grocery with wine, beautiful long protected beach. Embassy is our favorite there. Not on the beach but only a block away.

We have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris twice and were very happy both times! FYI there is a fantastic homemade burger place across the street.

We have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris twice and were very happy both times! FYI there is a fantastic homemade burger place across the street.

That burger place is very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk