Anthem/Quantum class "Family Connected" staterooms - help please!

So I just booked my family of four on the Anthem. We wanted to do 2 connecting cabins and were able to do a junior suite with connecting balcony cabin for the kids. My concern is, looking at the floorplan, the studio cabin that shares the entryway is already booked by someone else not in my family. It looks like because of this, we wouldn't want to just leave the doors open to the JS and balcony as I had wanted, since this would also allow free access to our rooms to this other passenger! In the pic below, I have reserved 10232 for my DH and I, and 10228 for my 2 kids (9 and 11). Room 10230 is a studio occupied by a stranger. Has anyone sailed in this arrangement of staterooms before? Any suggestions?

Anthem%2Bof%2Bthe%2BSeas%2BQuantum%2Bof%2Bthe%2BSeas%2BFamily%2BConnected%2BJunior%2BSuite.jpg

Edited by ToothDoc78
added pic

So I just booked my family of four on the Anthem. We wanted to do 2 connecting cabins and were able to do a junior suite with connecting balcony cabin for the kids. My concern is, looking at the floorplan, the studio cabin that shares the entryway is already booked by someone else not in my family. It looks like because of this, we wouldn't want to just leave the doors open to the JS and balcony as I had wanted, since this would also allow free access to our rooms to this other passenger! Has anyone sailed in this arrangement of staterooms before? Any suggestions?

Have the balcony divider opened and use that as access between cabins.

No worries...10232 and 10228 share the balcony..that's YOUR family. The "studio" that is someone outside of your family will not have access to your cabins OR your balcony...just the vestibule . They cannot get into YOUR space at all. You can use the balcony to freely access each other's cabin.

I had this set up (all three rooms) on Quantum. As suggested, you can use the balcony to move between the Jr. Suite and the balcony; the only glitch would be if you were not permitted to have the divider opened up. I also have part of this configuration for an upcoming cruise - I have the Jr. Suite and the studio. Personally, I would not be comfortable in the Jr. Suite if I did not have the studio as well but this is purely based on preference and the fact is, the two rooms are separated by their own doors.

I had this set up (all three rooms) on Quantum. As suggested, you can use the balcony to move between the Jr. Suite and the balcony; the only glitch would be if you were not permitted to have the divider opened up. I also have part of this configuration for an upcoming cruise - I have the Jr. Suite and the studio. Personally, I would not be comfortable in the Jr. Suite if I did not have the studio as well but this is purely based on preference and the fact is, the two rooms are separated by their own doors.

I just went back and re-read your post. The studio only "sleeps 1" so you would have to put one of your children on the Jr. Suite reservation if you wanted the studio (that's not to say they can't stay in the studio together but they won't allow two names on the studio reservation).

The connecting door between 10228 & 10232 can only be used if you also have 10230. The doorways all connect in the vestibule. We had the JS and balcony and everyone used the balconies to go back & forth. We simply asked the stateroom attendant to open the divider. It worked just fine for us.

Thanks for the replies! After all that, I think we may just switch to two connecting balconies instead. We were originally wanting to do a junior suite because we're on the cusp of Diamond status, but with the 9 night, we should be able to make Diamond without the double points needed and it saves us about $1500!

It seems to me if they want these to truly be available as "family" suite units, they should try not to book the studio staterooms alone so far out! They had a few studios still available, but not in the same units where the junior suites were available. I will say it looks like a great option for single cruisers!