Gem

123veranda

Just booked Gem for June. No seeing much posed about her. Making me nervous. This will be my 1st time on NCL. Usually do RC. Anybody been her recently? Would love hear the good & bad. thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you checked out the Review section?

No. Not a cruise critic pro. How do I do this?

At the very top of the page, left hand side is "Research", click on that, click on reviews.

Edited: To make it even easier, here is the direct link to GEM user reviews:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=385

Going on my third Gem Cruise in 8 days. It is easy to find your way around and the Great Outdoors is is amazing! I am so very happy the Gem will be moving to my home port of Boston!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the very top of the page, left hand side is "Research", click on that, click on reviews.

Edited: To make it even easier, here is the direct link to GEM user reviews:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=385

Thanks. Couldn’t find it. Read through quite a few. Not as great as I had hoped. Going with a friend that has never sailed. Just hope she’s not disappointed. We’re both in our late sixties and caption at bottom says more for older folks..well that’s us.

Thanks. Couldn’t find it. Read through quite a few. Not as great as I had hoped. Going with a friend that has never sailed. Just hope she’s not disappointed. We’re both in our late sixties and caption at bottom says more for older folks..well that’s us.

You will have a great time. You seem like a nice person and cruises are sometimes all what you make them. Go with a fun, friendly attitude and you can't go wrong. Do everything or do nothing. Eat a bunch, have some drinks, meet new people. Just remember, no vacations are perfect.

Give us a report when you get back. Enjoy! :D

You will have a great time. You seem like a nice person and cruises are sometimes all what you make them. Go with a fun, friendly attitude and you can't go wrong. Do everything or do nothing. Eat a bunch, have some drinks, meet new people. Just remember, no vacations are perfect.

Give us a report when you get back. Enjoy! :D

Thanks, I will have a good time ..Been on 5 cruises ...just love to cruise. My friend never because of sick husband..but loved listening about mine. Someone volunteered to watch husband so we jumped on this without researching the ship. I just want it to be great for her because it might be her 1st & last. Will definitely post after.

So .....if anybody can give us the best things to do.

Thanks, I will have a good time ..Been on 5 cruises ...just love to cruise. My friend never because of sick husband..but loved listening about mine. Someone volunteered to watch husband so we jumped on this without researching the ship. I just want it to be great for her because it might be her 1st & last. Will definitely post after.

So .....if anybody can give us the best things to do.

There are shows every night but the main cast does Blazin Boots and a set over the decades which is very funny. Both shows great.

There will be plenty of things to do. Search for MKings review from about a year ago. Tons of info.

Loved the Gem and hope to sail on her again. The crew was amazing....so helpful and friendly.

The Thermal spa was terrific.

Food was great both in specialty restaurants and the main dining rooms.

We enjoyed the comedy/hypnotist show, Blazing Boots and the aerial artists show

We were on the NE/Canada route. If there was one thing that I would think could use improvement it would be the on ship customs process when you approach the first port in the US after leaving Canada....the lines did keep moving but it seemed like you had to walk around the whole ship..seemed like that could be a more efficient process. However this was just about 45 minutes of one morning ...not enough to put a damper on the experience ...just trying to give a balanced review.

i bet you will have a terrific time!!!!

The Gem was our first cruise back in 2015. We loved it, and it's what got us hooked on cruising. Now that we've had some more cruising experience we can look back and fondly remember: (1) the outdoor buffet, (2) the grand pacific dining room - it's really pretty, (3) the live music around the ship, (4) the slightly more intimate vibe than some of the mega ships out there.

There are shows every night but the main cast does Blazin Boots and a set over the decades which is very funny. Both shows great.

There will be plenty of things to do. Search for MKings review from about a year ago. Tons of info.

Looked but couldn’t find but thanks

Looked but couldn’t find but thanks

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2493296

Here's the link. I followed it obsessively as we had just signed up for our first cruise and his dates/itinerary/Gem were exactly what we signed up for in 2018. LOTS of photos, etc.