Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I have it down pat. Last year I took with me 12 chiffon or silk kaftans. Some I wore by the pool with a matchin head scarf and then in the evening I wore a silk dressier style version f dinner. Incredible n matched. I took a small plastic pool bag. One evening cross over hand bag which I never used. A slip for my pyjamas which double as a kaftan lining f evenings. Trainers and two gym tops, one pair of heels two bikinis a pool sarong dress that acts as a towel. Various hair flower to match my plain kaftans and head bands. Two pairs of neon bubble pool slippers. (These kaftans not even 200 GM in weight so imagine my case was empty.) I bring two light pair of yoga pants for walking tours (and gym use) because it gets so hot if ur not 16 n don't have a"thigh gap" sweat gives u a rash lol. Gosh my case was less than 10 kg. I sell the kaftans now as I make them myself. Because every day I wore one I had 50 women trying to rip it off me. Seriously comfortable cruise clothing. Hope that helps

What? No pictures? Please!

fyree39: Your photos are exactly what a CCF wants to see:)! And the good deals you got are tiara worthy!

The dress you like, but aren't sure it looks all that good - it DOES look nice on you, and with pockets, it's a cruise-worthy keeper:cool:.

We arrived back home yesterday and came to the Lake House today. Bermuda was beautiful, weather perfect!! I will post some photos, probably tomorrow.

The women in Bermuda dress so well! Their clothes fit and none looked like they had just scrubbed floors:rolleyes:.

We did some shopping in Hamilton....yes WE - DH bought a black linen sport jacket and saw an LBD on a sale rack that fit without any alterations. Also bought a maxi skirt (on sale) and a long sleeved top for cooler cruising days. Photos coming...

And now, it's one month till the Next Cruise. Packing Process will begin later than usual...since there won't be a couple days in a row at the main house for a week or two.

fyree39: Your photos are exactly what a CCF wants to see:)! And the good deals you got are tiara worthy!

The dress you like, but aren't sure it looks all that good - it DOES look nice on you, and with pockets, it's a cruise-worthy keeper:cool:.

We arrived back home yesterday and came to the Lake House today. Bermuda was beautiful, weather perfect!! I will post some photos, probably tomorrow.

The women in Bermuda dress so well! Their clothes fit and none looked like they had just scrubbed floors:rolleyes:.

We did some shopping in Hamilton....yes WE - DH bought a black linen sport jacket and saw an LBD on a sale rack that fit without any alterations. Also bought a maxi skirt (on sale) and a long sleeved top for cooler cruising days. Photos coming...

And now, it's one month till the Next Cruise. Packing Process will begin later than usual...since there won't be a couple days in a row at the main house for a week or two.

Welcome back. Happy you had a good cruise. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Looking for some feedback on outfits I am proposing to take on a land and cruise vacation this December. We will be one week in Fort Lauderdale and then one week on Silhouette of the seas doing Western Caribbean route. I will attempt to post pictures of what I am considering taking to wear in the Main Dining Room for the 7 nights...

image.jpg.7f8143dfd08aff7981b5edf0bf6120c0.jpg

Looking for some feedback on outfits I am proposing to take on a land and cruise vacation this December. We will be one week in Fort Lauderdale and then one week on Silhouette of the seas doing Western Caribbean route. I will attempt to post pictures of what I am considering taking to wear in the Main Dining Room for the 7 nights...

I just love the outfit and the colors. Are the pants light weight? Because it does get hot down there. Are you going to be using a purse with the outfit?

Edited by geocruiser

I just love the outfit and the colors. Are the pants light weight? Because it does get hot down there. Are you going to be using a purse with the outfit?

I actually have two pairs of white ankle pants to choose from - one is white denim (but not heavy) and the other is a knit.

As for a purse, I only own one "evening" purse, so I will use that or none :)

image.jpg.57a0f9631a411c8b082cb005d55c3cbf.jpg

Sorry the photos were so small! Doesn't really do all my loud patterns justice, but I am using an IPad and can't figure out how to attach the photos as anything but thumbnails. Yes, I am pretty much a Luddite, so I did my best...

All the outfits look great. I like that you put the accessories & shoes together with the outfit for the picture. Your denim pants may be warm unless you are planning on wearing them evenings onboard ship, then you're fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the outfits look great. I like that you put the accessories & shoes together with the outfit for the picture. Your denim pants may be warm unless you are planning on wearing them evenings onboard ship, then you're fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually did it to make packing easier. I can just look at the photos and know what accessories I need to pack. I am trying to take only two pairs of dressier shoes, so planned everything around the Orange and turquoise shoes.

As for the pants, yes, I thought they would be good for evenings and I can dress them up or down, depending on whether I wear a heel or a flat with them.

Edited by FamilyMooner

FamilyMooner: Thanks for posting Outfits Photos! I, too, like that you paired accessories with each one. The colors and patterns are perfect!

Here's a photo of the dress DH found for me in Hamilton, Bermuda. Luckily, the accessories I had for another LBD worked with this one:)

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34266%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3733873364335nu0mrj

The other Bermuda purchase is in a photo, but snapfish (where my photos are stored) isn't opening...will try again tomorrow...

FamilyMooner: Thanks for posting Outfits Photos! I, too, like that you paired accessories with each one. The colors and patterns are perfect!

Here's a photo of the dress DH found for me in Hamilton, Bermuda. Luckily, the accessories I had for another LBD worked with this one:)

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34266%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3733873364335nu0mrj

The other Bermuda purchase is in a photo, but snapfish (where my photos are stored) isn't opening...will try again tomorrow...

Lovely dress!

What a gorgeous dress! You look fabulous!

FamilyMooner,

I love all you dresses. Great colors. The idea of having a photo of each outfit is great. All you have to do is look at the picture and you know what to put on.

indiana71,

I really like the dress that your DH found for you in Bermuda. On the shoulders, are they pearls or beads. The dress really looks well on you.

I love this outfit!!! The top looks very comfy and flowing, and I've been looking for a pair of great white pants to travel with... yours look very nice. And the shoes are so cute! One of my favorite colors! It looks like a gold cuff and earrings to go with the outfit, Perfect!