All inclusive drinks package

CCFC

Irrespective of what an all inclusive package would cost, if offered on P&O, Celebrity and Royal use it as a major incentive to book their cruises when they offer 'All Inclusive' cruises. Many non cruisers view cruising as expensive so attaching the label of 'All Inclusive' would take the worry out of it for new cruisers.

The downside though is that since the other companies started offering these promotional perks, the onboard per drink prices have risen a lot mainly to make the drinks packages look better value and therefore make the prices during the promotional periods appear good value.

As an example, we will be on Celebrity to the Baltics next May with a free drinks package (plus $300 on board credit) for £1450 pp in a balcony. So no extra charges onboard and some money towards speciality dining or excursions. At the same time with P&O the price was £1350 on a balcony saver fare. Celebrity's package covers speciality coffees and water as well as some wines, beers, spirits and cocktails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should I have said city centre. You have to be somewhere off the Beaton track to get £2.30.

Not really, we pay £2.65 for a pint of a weekend in a busy city centre pub (if they have a green card deal its £2.20).

P&O while slightly cheaper than a lot of cruise lines are still £3.95, not pub prices or cheap. Hotel prices yes, pub prices no.

Not really, we pay £2.65 for a pint of a weekend in a busy city centre pub (if they have a green card deal its £2.20).

P&O while slightly cheaper than a lot of cruise lines are still £3.95, not pub prices or cheap. Hotel prices yes, pub prices no.

You clearly do not drink in the city centre of Newcastle.

Over the past 2-3 cruises our OBS credit has been over £1000. We tend to buy one wine package out of it..1 bottle =2 nights..I can't drink like I used to.

Drinks throughout the cruise and grats. So really we are A.I. the OBS included shareholder and ex military.

Would I prefer to get the drink and grats thrown in for free for booking early..not sure..we usually mange at least one ships excursion out of it as well.

Edited by the english lady

P&O Cruises Australia are currently trialling an Alcoholic Drinks Package on board the Pacific Pearl which will include wines, beer, spirits, cocktails and soft drinks. These packages are following trend with many cruise lines like Celebrity. Royal Caribbean and Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on a P&O Alcoholic Drinks Package being introduced yet ?:confused:

Only in the minds of Internet forum users. I have not seen any indication that the company are even thinking about it.

When I used the website last night I got a questionnaire pop up. It was asking about the website itself but also the usual questions around about formalities on board, dress, whether price is a deciding factor; but I think there was also a drinks package question unless my mind is playing tricks on me - which it might be [emoji15]

Edited by Florry

You didn't imagine it, there were some quite interesting questions. It would appear they are looking at formal nights as well as all-inclusive.

posurvey.jpg

posurvey1.jpg

Ah so I'm not quite mad yet then [emoji6] those questions on dress have been standard for some time in the questionnaires. I think they ask them to identify changing trends to inform future strategy and ensure they can remain competitive, by providing the sort of holidays that the market demands.

Edited by Florry

.We only pay £1.80 a pint in our local. So you can imagine the shock when we go to our friends in Dorest:eek:

I dont think P&0 will be offering AI in the near future. Wish they would but their onboard drinks are not badly priced.

• 3 weeks later...
You should be careful what you wish for, I have no doubt that P&O would introduce similar restrictions to bringing alcohol onboard as other lines if it had drinks packages.

I don't see the logic in that. If pax bring their own booze on board when they have a booze package, it is booze that P&O do not have coming out of their inventory. Why someone would bring their own if they had a booze package also seems illogical.:confused:

I don't see the logic in that. If pax bring their own booze on board when they have a booze package, it is booze that P&O do not have coming out of their inventory. Why someone would bring their own if they had a booze package also seems illogical.:confused:

It's great to be able to bring drinks onboard so you can have a glass of wine on your balcony, when getting ready for dinner or in the case of my OH an extra nightcap. Having said that you might also want a package; for when you are having dinner or using the bars etc. I think the concern in the post you quoted was that P&O might place some restrictions on what you can bring onboard, with the introduction of package deals - if this were to happen we would lose the flexibility of choice which many people value. In reality I find that even though we are able to bring alcohol onboard, we drink very little in the cabin, but that's just us. Also we don't actually know that they would introduce restrictions because they may calculate that it's a differentiator in the marketplace which probably has relatively little impact on their profit.

It's great to be able to bring drinks onboard so you can have a glass of wine on your balcony, when getting ready for dinner or in the case of my OH an extra nightcap. Having said that you might also want a package; for when you are having dinner or using the bars etc. I think the concern in the post you quoted was that P&O might place some restrictions on what you can bring onboard, with the introduction of package deals - if this were to happen we would lose the flexibility of choice which many people value. In reality I find that even though we are able to bring alcohol onboard, we drink very little in the cabin, but that's just us. Also we don't actually know that they would introduce restrictions because they may calculate that it's a differentiator in the marketplace which probably has relatively little impact on their profit.

I suppose it also depends on the price point of the package as to whether it makes the package a worthwhile purchase (BYO would then factor into that), given someone's drinking level. Obviously if the package was a promotional freebie then BYO makes little (monetary) sense.