Considering a European Cruise on the Crown Princess

dee33

I am considering a Greek Isles cruise on the Crown next Spring. I have seen a lot of posts about the ship not being in great condition. Has anyone been on the ship recently and can comment?

Also, do the balcony rooms still have the small TVs in the corner, or has an upgrade been made to flat panels TVs in front of the bed with interactive menus. What size TV does the room have, since I like to watch movies in the evening?

Thanks.

I am considering a Greek Isles cruise on the Crown next Spring. I have seen a lot of posts about the ship not being in great condition. Has anyone been on the ship recently and can comment?

Also, do the balcony rooms still have the small TVs in the corner, or has an upgrade been made to flat panels TVs in front of the bed with interactive menus. What size TV does the room have, since I like to watch movies in the evening?

Thanks.

We were on the Crown for 33 days this past Feb/March. Found it to be a nice ship with a nice crew.

There is a flat panel TV on the corner shelf above the fridge. Just a guess but I would say the size is about 32". There is no interactive TV on the Crown. They do show some movies, but you can't stop and save your location to pick up later.

We were on the Crown for 33 days this past Feb/March. Found it to be a nice ship with a nice crew.

There is a flat panel TV on the corner shelf above the fridge. Just a guess but I would say the size is about 32". There is no interactive TV on the Crown. They do show some movies, but you can't stop and save your location to pick up later.

Thanks so much for replying. We are elite Princess members, but have been sailing with Holland America for the last few years. We have been on the new Koningsdam twice and it is a wonderful ship. The rooms have 40" interactive TVs built into the wall in front of the bed. The TV has music, many movie categories, international news and TV series. The movies can be stopped and then watched at another time. After being on such a wonderful new ship, I didn't want the Crown to be disappointing.

Between the original Crown and the current Crown, we sailed on the Crown 7 times, but it was many years ago.

We did 21 days on the Crown in July of this year. We had a great time. We did a 14 day Baltic & a 7 day Norway. I read all the reviews saying the Crown was in bad shape, we did not feel that way at all. It is not the newest ship but still in good shape. We enjoyed the entertainment, the food, and felt the staff was first rate. In some places we saw a little wear & tear but nothing that affected our enjoyment of the cruise. We were in C719 a Balcony it had a flat screen TV but it was still in the corner. Cabin was in good shape no issues. Don't let what some people say keep you from enjoying your cruise.

We did 21 days on the Crown in July of this year. We had a great time. We did a 14 day Baltic & a 7 day Norway. I read all the reviews saying the Crown was in bad shape, we did not feel that way at all. It is not the newest ship but still in good shape. We enjoyed the entertainment, the food, and felt the staff was first rate. In some places we saw a little wear & tear but nothing that affected our enjoyment of the cruise. We were in C719 a Balcony it had a flat screen TV but it was still in the corner. Cabin was in good shape no issues. Don't let what some people say keep you from enjoying your cruise.

Thank you so much for your honest update. We really like the Princess Greek Isles itinerary for next year and have always enjoyed Princess in the past; we probably will try it again.

Our first Princess cruise was July this year Western med from Southampton. We really enjoyed it. No issues with room we had a premium balcony on caribe. Great size balcony plenty of room but cabin same size as General rooms. Everywhere seemed clean and tidy and staff buzzing around all day. We are looking for next year but can't decide we fancy towards Venice and Dubrovnik. We also love Greece and the Islands.