Maasdam-Canada Trip Mariner's Lunch

Alaska59

Does anyone who has sailed on the Maasdam this summer to Canada know what day the Mariner's lunch is? I suspect it will be on the only sea day on the trip. If that is the case, that may conflict with plans for a nice lunch at the Pinnacle Grill.

I find the Mariner's lunch/brunch a bit too early for me.

More than a bit for me. At 11:30 I am barely an hour after breakfast. Then, with dinner at 8:00, it's just too short a time in the first instance, and too long a time in the latter.

Now, if they wanted to schedule it for 1:30, or so, I could get interested.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone who has sailed on the Maasdam this summer to Canada know what day the Mariner's lunch is? I suspect it will be on the only sea day on the trip. If that is the case, that may conflict with plans for a nice lunch at the Pinnacle Grill.

Yes, it is on the Sea Day and it's rather nice to sleep in a bit, skip breakfast, and then enjoy the Mariner's brunch at 11:30 am. We found it a great chance to meet a wide variety of other passengers.

That is a very port intensive itinerary and the Mariners Brunch has to be on the only sea day

We just got back from Maasdam trip on Sept. 2nd. We went to the Mariners luncheon on the Sydney port day. The menu was unspectacular and I recall having fish which was not too good. I lucked out and got a very bad piece. Service was very slow as they had less waiters and they did the best they could. I thought the luncheon would be on the only sea day, but they had a special Pinnacle lunch that day that they were pushing. It was more expensive than the usual Pinnacle lunch cost.

Hmmm. Putting Mariners Luncheon on s port day while pushing an extra-charge lunch at PG on the sea day sounds like Mariner's Luncheon is taking a back seat, maybe on the way out.... m--

Interesting question. Person ally, I hope that is not what is happening. I have done that itinerary, b-to-b, time and again and Mariners Brunch was always the one and only Sea Day.

Edited by sail7seas