Ventura cabin choices which ones are best ????

delteach

Hello again , after making many reasearch visits to the internet we are defiantly taking the Caribbean cruise on the Ventura in Jan 2014 straight after christmas , so my next bit of reasearch is cabin selection, we are going for a balcony , what we would like to know is what others think as to the best location , we have only booked outside in the past so an insight into this type would be good , when your spending hard earned money I think its a good idea to be information geared up , many thanks again , :D:D:D

We've recently come back from a cruise on the Ventura we had cabin C609. It is a balcony cabin in midships and was very good, the balconies are that deck are bigger than anywhere else and it is has a partial overhang from the balcony above so you have some privacy from the balconies above you.

We didn't have any problems with noise, in fact it was very quiet, also being midships the movement of the boat is less noticeable.

So get that cabin booked, we've left it tidy for you. :D

Here is a couple of videos of this cabin.

Hi there

I suppose it depends on your budget, what grade do want or can afford.

Last December we upgraded to a superior balcony cabin, this gives a larger bathroom a larger balcony with reclining loungers and the cabin has a seating areas, two TVs plus extras like bathrobes, Champagne and flowers on arrival, chocolate treats etc:D

After much research like yourself we chose cabin E721 This is starboard side toward the rear and fairly low down (still about 40ft above ater level LOL)

For us this cabin was perfect, its on the end of the row so only had other guests on one side, and its convenient for the rear lifts to the Breakfast buffet, the lovely Metropolis lounge and the Havana club.

Because its towards the rear you dont get any noise from passing corridor traffic either. The balcony is shaded by the deck above so is very private but you still get plenty of sunshine, we spent a fair bit of time relaxing out there:) Assuming the weather is good then dont worry about movement either, I can honestly say we could feel virtually nothing for 99% of the time, it was incredibly stable!

Here is a short video I put on Youtube, you can see E721 right at the end

Just one tip, avoid choosing the similar cabins on the opposite side of the ship as they apparently get a lot of noise at night from the disco which is immediately below.

Edited by alvin moondust

Hello again , after making many reasearch visits to the internet we are defiantly taking the Caribbean cruise on the Ventura in Jan 2014 straight after christmas , so my next bit of reasearch is cabin selection, we are going for a balcony , what we would like to know is what others think as to the best location , we have only booked outside in the past so an insight into this type would be good , when your spending hard earned money I think its a good idea to be information geared up , many thanks again , :D:D:D

Hi, husband and i and alot of freinds are looking at this cruise also and i am interested in booking a balcony but havent had any prices yet.have you had a price for a balcony cabin with your flights from uk.I may wait and see what the prices are for april and compare them to january as that is when we really wanted to go but i will be going for the cheaper option.

some good info coming in here thanks , thanks again Alvin & cruiseluvva, all these options are favourable may squeeze it a bit to the superior , its for our 10th wedding anniversary, and 50th birthdays , hopefully gonna surprise the wife with a good balcony cabin , she thinks we are just gonna get a outside , many thanks again , :D:D

Hi, husband and i and alot of freinds are looking at this cruise also and i am interested in booking a balcony but havent had any prices yet.have you had a price for a balcony cabin with your flights from uk.I may wait and see what the prices are for april and compare them to january as that is when we really wanted to go but i will be going for the cheaper option.

Hi Audrey, ive been looking at prices frequently , last weekend they increased for some reason , and then returned to normal prices on the monday, lowest grade balcony for the 3rd of jan is £1969 at moment looking at this years prices if we time our booking right we can probably save a fair bit , however the risk is availability of course, ive registered with lots of agents to get upto date prices , they are pretty helpful , especially Liverpool Cruise Club , hope this helps :D:D

It was a special occasion for us too as it was our first cruise and Nics 40th birthday. We spoke to people on our ship who had paid considerably less than us by booking late, but the choice of cabin was limited. We booked 15 months in advance but that meant we got everything we wanted and the deal included some onboard spend as well.

So I guess its a case of pay for what you want or possibly accept a compromise and save some cash

Totally agree Alvin im not going to leave this to late , did you book online or over the phone only the selection of cabins online is limited and when you enter a cabin number it rejects it , as you say I would rather get what I want rather than what they want me to have , :):)

:):)Thanks again Alvin will go and see our travel agent whenever I pop in for brochures they are always eager to help , so hopefully they will be eager to push a few magic buttons ,:D

I would also recommend booking early and booking with a travel agent, we booked last year in September for our cruise this year in June.

We got on board credit and free parking with CPS through the travel agent, which wasn't available on the P&O website, we also got the cabin of our choice, the downside is we perhaps paid more than some people who booked late but had to have cabins that are available (in other words the one's no one else wanted).

I would recommend going to a few travel agents to get quotes and playing them off one another. Get the best deal you can.

Totally agree Alvin im not going to leave this to late , did you book online or over the phone only the selection of cabins online is limited and when you enter a cabin number it rejects it , as you say I would rather get what I want rather than what they want me to have , :):)

Hi just to let you know. If you try a cabin number number online and it says unavailable it is either sold out or in this case as it is for jan 2014 i would say its more likely that cuz you can either fly out on the friday or saturday p & o tend to keep say the starboard cabins for cruises departing on the thursday and port cabins for the friday. If you want a particular cabin number try changing your day and see!

Edited by aa2009

I've had R238 and R242. Although shown as sheltered balconies I found there was enough sun for me. Being high up gave great views and these cabins are in a very quiet part of the ship. If you book via a travel agent, they usually have full access as to which cabins are available.

If you decide on a specific cabin remeber to get the booking marked as "not to accept an upgrade" as sometimes the upgrade may not be to your liking.

We had c603 on our ventura cruise in May. See my previous posts re noise. The balcony was fab, bigger than most, partially covered. 603 is near the funnels and there is a droning noise. Didn't stop us sleeping though!. Other advice would be to study the map of your route and check the sun when choosing port or sb.

We LOVED the Ventura, the cabin, the food.... the lot!:D

There is no doubt about it C deck balconies are the best/biggest on the ship but it depends whether you want a bigger cabin or bigger balcony....we were happy with a good size cabin and huge balcony but others would be happy with a smaller balcony (totally overlooked on D deck) and bigger cabin with seating area.

We loved the large c deck balcony approx 9 feet deep with the outer half overlooked but the inner half under cover which meant shade in the heat of the day and shelter if it rained!! :)

Many thanks to everyone for your great insight, since posting this thread my better half realized that the dates for Ventura did not sit well with work , so we have had to switch to the Azura the dates matched well and as my better half really wanted an aft cabin we have booked E735, I mentioned it was above the manhatten but we are not concerned as we have no intention of being in bed early , and the beam intrusion is of no worry either as the balcony is slightly larger , so 24th Jan 2014 cant come soon enough :D

Many thanks to everyone for your great insight, since posting this thread my better half realized that the dates for Ventura did not sit well with work , so we have had to switch to the Azura the dates matched well and as my better half really wanted an aft cabin we have booked E735, I mentioned it was above the manhatten but we are not concerned as we have no intention of being in bed early , and the beam intrusion is of no worry either as the balcony is slightly larger , so 24th Jan 2014 cant come soon enough :D

Not wanting to put a spanner in the works, we had an aft cabin last year and were plagued with soot from the funnel the whole trip. Rail, chairs and table were always dirty. Additionally you could never 'see' the port properly without going out on deck. Wouldn't go with an aft cabin again. Maybe worth asking about? Sorry to mention it.

Not wanting to put a spanner in the works, we had an aft cabin last year and were plagued with soot from the funnel the whole trip. Rail, chairs and table were always dirty. Additionally you could never 'see' the port properly without going out on deck. Wouldn't go with an aft cabin again. Maybe worth asking about? Sorry to mention it.

Don't let that worry you, as we have had aft cabins on Ventura and Oceana and haven't ever had those problems. We loved them, especially Oceana, but it's horses for courses. Have a great cruise!

thanks for the additional info , we spent alot of time on the ocean village sitting at the aft looking away from the ship , and this is the reason we then chose an aft cabin as it will our space , hopefully we wont get plauged :D

• 5 months later...

Hi there can anyone please put my mind at rest - or indeed advise me to move if im in the wrong place!

Ive already booked C256 as i wanted a midship balcony, but after reading numerous posts c deck mid ship noise im now a little worried as one post stated the noise is heard from C531 thru to C609 our cabin C529 is opposite this on the other side!, was wondering weather to move to C510 but then am i getting too close to the lifts for noise?

This is only my second cruise and the first was so good, I dont want to choose wrongly with this one.

Your help and advise would be much appreciated....

Lyzi