Crazy or Gutsy?

Safadinho

The Carnival Inspiration is set to dock/disembark in Long Beach at 7 a.m. on Monday, January 16, 2017 - the MLK holiday.

Am I insane to think that we can make a 10:45 a.m. SWA flight out of LAX?

I figure if we're carrying our own bags and we can be on a shuttle, taxi or Uber by 9 am -- plus, we're TSA PRE flyers -- it might be doable.

Unknown variables -- how busy are LA highways and LAX on a National Monday holiday at 9 am?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thank you!

The Carnival Inspiration is set to dock/disembark in Long Beach at 7 a.m. on Monday, January 16, 2017 - the MLK holiday.

I figure if we're carrying our own bags and we can be on a shuttle, taxi or Uber by 9 am -- plus, we're TSA PRE flyers -- it might be doable.

Unknown variables -- how busy are LA highways and LAX on a National Monday holiday at 9 am?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thank you!

Your crazy and gutsy. There are many treads about flying out of LAX.

7AM means the first people disembark at 7:30AM. Customs is another 30 minutes or longer. It takes any where from 30 to 90 minutes depending on traffic and day of week . Being a holiday LAX will be a zoo. If you want to stress out then try.

I would try for a flight closer to noon.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thank you!

I vote crazy.

Wouldn't risk it. LA traffic is crazy. It being MLK day won't make a difference since most businesses will still be open. I've been stuck in traffic driving a relative to LAX and had her flight leave without her.

Also, LAX itself can be a nightmare.

Crazy

On the short cruises almost everybody does self assist. Unless you're Priority (Diamond/Platinum/FTTF) you won't be getting off that early.

All it takes is a car on the side of the road and the freeways practically shut down.

Only banks, schools and gov't offices are closed on MLK day. Regular work day for everyone else.

Edited by SadieN