Princess drinks package

BAZALF

I see that on Princess Cruises they state that everyone in the same stateroom does not have to buy a package. Does that mean that I can get drinks for my Good Lady on my card ?

NO

It's for your use only. However, you could get a drink and hand it to her. You just can't get another one for YOU at the same time.

No. If you get caught you will have the AIBP revoked and you will have to pay for all the drinks you purchased. The only exception is if you buy a bottle of wine for 40% off. Anyone can drink that. If you feel you will not drink enough yourself to justify the cost, buy your drinks a la carte. Please don't try and steal from Princess because that is what 2 people using one drink package boils down to, stealing.

NO

It's for your use only. However, you could get a drink and hand it to her. You just can't get another one for YOU at the same time.

If you are seen handing it to her you will likely have the package revoked.

I see that on Princess Cruises they state that everyone in the same stateroom does not have to buy a package. Does that mean that I can get drinks for my Good Lady on my card ?

You can get all the drinks you like for yourself - and yes, your folio number is entered for each, so they are tracking.

If you'd like to get a drink for your lady, you can BUY it using your card, you'll be given a receipt to sign to make sure there's no funny stuff later.

Packages are per person.

Enjoy.

I'm very upset with the price increase. I purchased (4) Princess gift cards to purchase my alcohol package ahead of time. After purchasing I went to apply them to buy 2 packages and found out you can't use 4 to purchase. The system has issues with accepting gift cards. I call up Princess and they confirm that. I called again just in case someone else knew another way. They informed me to apply the gift cards and just purchase as soon as you get on board. I asked if it would be the same price and the rep confirmed. Really not happy about having to Deal with this as soon as we got onbard, I agreed. Now yesterday or today the price increases. not real happy since I was willing to pay before with their gift cards. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I'm very upset with the price increase. I purchased (4) Princess gift cards to purchase my alcohol package ahead of time. After purchasing I went to apply them to buy 2 packages and found out you can't use 4 to purchase. The system has issues with accepting gift cards. I call up Princess and they confirm that. I called again just in case someone else knew another way. They informed me to apply the gift cards and just purchase as soon as you get on board. I asked if it would be the same price and the rep confirmed. Really not happy about having to Deal with this as soon as we got onbard, I agreed. Now yesterday or today the price increases. not real happy since I was willing to pay before with their gift cards. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

The increase is $1.10 per day - get an extra bottle of water and it is paid for. Really the increase is really nothing.

My husband & I are booked on the Royal Princess TA in October. We are about to purchase the AIBP for each of us at 57.45/day. NOW, my husband is mostly a beer drinker, but he sometimes likes a specialty coffee, water, bloody mary, or after dinner wine. Now we see the 5/4 beer packages for the cabin. Do we have to purchase those separately, or can we get one of those included in the AIBP? He really CAN'T drink $57 worth of beer in one day. Maybe it depends how much Princess charges for a beer LOL. Does anyone know where I can see an itemized list of drink prices for beer & wine? Thanks!

My husband & I are booked on the Royal Princess TA in October. We are about to purchase the AIBP for each of us at 57.45/day. NOW, my husband is mostly a beer drinker, but he sometimes likes a specialty coffee, water, bloody mary, or after dinner wine. Now we see the 5/4 beer packages for the cabin. Do we have to purchase those separately, or can we get one of those included in the AIBP? He really CAN'T drink $57 worth of beer in one day. Maybe it depends how much Princess charges for a beer LOL. Does anyone know where I can see an itemized list of drink prices for beer & wine? Thanks!

You cannot purchase any 5 for 4 beer packages under the AIBP, and you cannot purchase any beers to be delivered to your cabin under the AIBP.

However, you can purchase one can at a time and carry it to your cabin. You can ask the bartender to leave the can unopened if you wish. You just have to make a separate trip to a bar for each beer if you want it included in the AIBP.

Not available with the package.

Based on what you say.

It would be best to buy the beers as you go instead of the AIBP.

No, just that you can buy the package and her not.

While you are looking at the price of individual drinks, you may want to consider the drinks included on the AIBP such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value).

Knowing your individual capacities for each drink a day, you may know if the AIBP, Unlimited Soda & More package, Coffee Card, BOGO $1 or pay as you order is more appropriate for you.

Edited by easyboy

Knowing your individual capacities for each drink a day, you may know if the AIBP, Unlimited Soda & More package, Coffee Card, BOGO $1 or pay as you order is more appropriate for you.

Completely agree. Whenever we talk about the pros and cons of the different options, I rarely see mentioned that Princess sells 375 ml hard liquor via the cruise personalizer for you to have in your room. It's not fancy liquor, but acceptable for most simple cocktails. Again, depends on your cruise style, but it's another option in one's personal mix and match.

Completely agree. Whenever we talk about the pros and cons of the different options, I rarely see mentioned that Princess sells 375 ml hard liquor via the cruise personalizer for you to have in your room. It's not fancy liquor, but acceptable for most simple cocktails. Again, depends on your cruise style, but it's another option in one's personal mix and match.

Princess only pretends to sell scotch. They offer Cutty Sark and Johnny Walker Red. If you want to use them in a mixed drink you might be OK but scotch drinkers generally don't do that and those are totally unacceptable.

Princess only pretends to sell scotch. They offer Cutty Sark and Johnny Walker Red. If you want to use them in a mixed drink you might be OK but scotch drinkers generally don't do that and those are totally unacceptable.

:o Ah, yes. I do think it would be nice if they would treat whisk(e)y connoisseurs with the same respect given wine lovers. Where is our corkage fee for our personal selection of carefully curated drinkables?

That said, I did once have an enjoyable evening at the Wheelhouse on the Crown with a lovely 25 yr Talisker as my companion.

But a screwdriver, rum punch, or Bloody Mary? Throw some of that mass market swill in there-- I'm good. ;)

I here they're going to start offering Scotch & Coke package. :rolleyes:

There is a comprehensive Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet here on this forum, a quick search brings it up. Lists virtually all drinks including beers that Princess carries along with prices.

Keep in mind, for US currency sailings, the package price is $50 + gratuity, for $57.45 per day (recent nominal $1 price increase). The gratuity isn't being drunk, it would be charged if he bought as he went or bought the package. It's the $50 that's the "baseline" so to speak. And actually, it's the amount for a week that's the baseline as you can't buy per day. So, some days he may have more and some less, but would it even out to $50 X how many nights of itinerary? It doesn't have to be that much daily, just so long as it evens out by end of sailing.

And do keep in mind everything else included - his bottled water, specialty coffees, bloody Mary's, after dinner or show cocktails, etc are all covered.. And for many, convenience and fixed cost both carry their own worth also..

Enjoy, whatever you decide to do!!

• 3 weeks later...
On a very long 25 day cruise with several back to backs can you wait to purchase the drink package at a different segment

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course. It's a different cruise so you can purchase the AIBP for that cruise.