port to airport

icecreamman

best way to get to airport from seattle dock

departure time in seattle

norm

Uber driver hailed friends of ours in the taxi line, offered to take them to the airport for $40.

Don't remember exactly, thinking $60-$70.

While it's still a deal, I wonder if it violates any regulations by not going through the app. Basically he/she was acting just like a taxi.

While it's still a deal, I wonder if it violates any regulations by not going through the app. Basically he/she was acting just like a taxi.

I'll bet you're right.

an uber driver soliciting fares is the same as the town car guys doing it. Of course its illegal. How were you supposed to pay? You'd also have no insurance if the guys crashes as Uber is not going to pay. Uber drivers don't have to have a lot of insurance as Uber would normally cover any liability. The risk is all on the passengers.

Super Shuttle does not operate in Seattle. Perhaps your thinking of shuttleexpress.com?

Depends on which pier you are coming from. Yellow cab from Pier 91 on a regular cruise day is $40-flat rate to SeaTac.

And if you can use the new, free, luggage check-in/transfer from the ship then it can avoid the extra tipping for luggage - especially if large/heavy. Just the standard "ride tip".

If I had my luggage already checked to the flight and only had a carry-on and was coming from Pier 66 I would definitely consider Link light rail for $3. A bit slower than cab/uber but still a nice savings.

And if you can use the new, free, luggage check-in/transfer from the ship then it can avoid the extra tipping for luggage - especially if large/heavy. Just the standard "ride tip".

If I had my luggage already checked to the flight and only had a carry-on and was coming from Pier 66 I would definitely consider Link light rail for $3. A bit slower than cab/uber but still a nice savings.

But, if you were coming from Pier 66, you wouldn't have access to the Port Valet Program, my friend! ;p But, I suspect that Norwegian probably has a program similar to Port Valet, just not as inexpensive as that program. :D

Tom

pier 66 is in the $40 flat rate area, but pier 91 is not. I'd guesstimate the fare to be about $55-60

As I stated earlier in this thread. the flat rate from Pier 91 to SeaTac airport is $40! $40 is not the rate from SeaTac airport to Pier 91. That will be in the price range you quoted. Yellow cab does not do flat rate from the airport to Pier 91.Tom

For some reason I am unable to include or attach a jpg of a photo showing the sandwich board at the pier. I will try to do so tomorrow and see if it works then.

Tom

• 4 months later...