Princess Ezair

macleay

I did it once when it was fairly new and got a great price. Ever since, I have not seen anything better than I could get booking with an airline directly (with flight date/time I would want). Also, they don't offer SW and we sometimes drive to BUF just to fly SW.

(SW .. PULEEZE come to Canada .. we need you!!!!)

Another big issue for me is that Princess has a ridiculous gap time between arrival back in Port Everglades and the earliest time E-Z Air will present flight options out of FLL. At least it is ridiculous for us at 4.5 hrs and it wouldn't even show you a flight 5 or 10 mins earlier than that. So, buyer beware.

I booked my one way to Buenos Aires from LAX for this past February. The one way booked with airline direct was over $3,000, my EZ air ticket $382.16. It still amazes me. I will admit, I monitored and changed a few times it as it came down, even changed airline and connecting point. This is MY experience and I know many find not a big difference from the airline direct fare. MY opinion, if it is really close, book with the airline direct, thus eliminating a middle man.

Here's a link to the benefits:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/PC_PC_ezair.html

My experiences have been that for international flights to/from the US the Flexible EZair was impossible for me to beat. Usually my airfares were cheaper with the Flexible option which allowed me to lower the initial $576 airfare to only $241 with better flights. Payment isn't due until final cruise fare payment & can be modified up to 45 days before flying.

The only downside could be when the flights & airfares are not desirable which more often happens with my domestic US flights.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Fortunately we have always had good luck with Ez air! Used for Alaska , Hawaiian , TA, Caribbean, New England and most recently South East Asia. Sometimes direct flight but mostly connecting.

We were able to use our frequent flyer account on Delta to secure miles and also other airlines. Best of all has been the price..........for us much better than booking direct. You can also look at first class or business for longer flights with awesome deals. Our flights have been reasonable...not to early or two late. Have never had to pay for luggage so far.

Have flight booked for New England cruise next month.....direct flight........$270 r/t and mid afternoon flight both ways.

Excellent, thanks for the responses. We used Norwegian's flight program on our last cruise and I wasn't too thrilled with it--all domestic flights, but red eyes, etc. This one will be international, we're doing the Grand Asia cruise so need to get to Shanghai first and then leave from Singapore. I really want the security of the protection if there are flight delays, etc, but I don't want crappy flight times and high prices. With the international flights, there are limited flights, so the crappy flight times problem is solved!

If you have time , stay a few days in Singapore.....beautiful clean city...cab drivers are good. We stayed at Marriott Tang Plaza hotel....highly recommend.

We definitely will at the end of the cruise. Our daughter-in-law is from Singapore and she and our son will be there when our cruise disembarks. We will spend 3-4 days with their family. It will be our first time in Singapore, but we met many of the relatives who came over here for the wedding, really looking forward to it.

We have used it domestically and internationally. I love it for the Flex refundable option, low prices, and security of next port assistance. I don't like having to go through Princess to deal with problems; it adds a middleman. For international travel, it usually can't be beat, especially for one ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regularly use EZ air for international travel. Our upcoming flights are SAN to LHR, nonstop, premium economy. Paid $561 pp, BA was selling seats at $3350 pp. Was able to select seats within hours of booking at no additional charge. Have never had an issue with using this program which we utilize 3-4 times a year.

Interested to see what they offer with regards to pricing to or from NZ.

EZair experience:

Domestic: if flying in the same day as the cruise, then EZair provides "next port" protection that eliminates a lot of stress, which is worth it for us. If flying in the previous day, then a comparison of fares between booking EZair and booking directly shows a fairly comparable fare. If flying during winter then the protection offered is still good.

International: Open jaw flights (different airports at start and end of cruise) - we haven't found a single case where EZair doesn't significantly beat booking directly. Often when booking directly with the airline they treat each flight as a one-way fare which is almost the same as a both way fare to the same airport (like hpeabody's post, below).

International, same airport (e.g. London) - you can typically get less expensive flights booking directly, especially if not traveling on a cruise ship turnaround day.

Regularly use EZ air for international travel. Our upcoming flights are SAN to LHR, nonstop, premium economy. Paid $561 pp, BA was selling seats at $3350 pp. Was able to select seats within hours of booking at no additional charge. Have never had an issue with using this program which we utilize 3-4 times a year.

Interested to see what they offer with regards to pricing to or from NZ.

Hi Kiwimum, A few days ago I booked an international flight thru' EZAir for the first time. Could you elaborate on how you were able to select your seats please? LOL being new to this EZAir thingie I can't find where I can do this. Thanks in advance.

Edited by LC1950
type

Has anyone booked their flights through Princess Ezair? Pluses and/or minuses?

Hands down, EZ Air gets you the best prices and pretty decent itineraries, we use them exclusively. I've tried using SW one way to FLL and one way with EZ Air from any airport in Europe and still can't beat the EZ Air prices.

My experience with EZair:

I used EZair for my last cruise and I am using it for an upcoming cruise this coming March. Both cruises are from Minneapolis and going to Ft. Lauderdale for Caribbean cruises. The only flights that fly nonstop are on Delta. I found the EZair price to be very close to the Delta prices.

Now for the EZair advantage: When booking with Delta you are stuck with what you booked, unless you pay a large fee to change. I track the prices from day one. (This is the first day that Delta has flights for my trip). This year I booked a flight the first available day. The second day the price dropped, so I cancelled and rebooked at the lower price. The third and fourth days the price climbed higher. On the fifth day the price dropped a lot. I cancelled and rebooked again. Remember there were no charges for cancelling and rebooking. The prices have headed up and up ever since.

The current price for my flight is $778 per person, round trip. The price I got back on day five was $412 per person, round trip. If I couldn’t have cancelled and rebooked with no penalty, I probably wouldn’t have booked when I did.

EZ air is working great for me.

I like TwoCruisers excellent tip for all. Many of these posts affirm what I have read and understood before - EZ Air works great for international flying. But maybe yes or no for domestic. But maybe yes, and I like that one can keep shopping and change for no charge until lock down date.

The one time I did do EZ Air, I got the flight paid for so I could lock in my desired seat selection (which they wouldn't let me do at the time - the airline, AC).

Perhaps my pricing experiences have not been good originating from Canada. We have crap pricing for flying in North America compared to US airports (BTW, Canada/US is like domestic and not considered true "international" flying). So, maybe that is why deals aren't great for direct non-stop - at least when I have checked.

Has anyone booked their flights through Princess Ezair? Pluses and/or minuses?

We did for an upcoming Nov cruise. It was cheaper than we could find on our own. But we are only flying within our state. I do like that our princess insurance will also include the air. So far, so good. :)

We had our flights booked through EZAir for our British isles cruise last month. I liked that we could choose the dates we flew since we wanted to go several days before the cruise to have time in London. For our Delta flights, we could sign in and choose our seats. On the return flight from Heathrow to New York, it was a Delta flight code but really a Virgin Atlantic flight. For that one, we had to wait 72 hours before the flight to choose our seats. We had to join Virgin's free frequent flyer program to do that.

We had our flights booked through EZAir for our British isles cruise last month. I liked that we could choose the dates we flew since we wanted to go several days before the cruise to have time in London. For our Delta flights, we could sign in and choose our seats. On the return flight from Heathrow to New York, it was a Delta flight code but really a Virgin Atlantic flight. For that one, we had to wait 72 hours before the flight to choose our seats. We had to join Virgin's free frequent flyer program to do that.

We flew Virgin Atlantic (SFO to Heathrow) in April and they were amazing. We did their premium economy and it was THE best experience. It wasn't through EZ Air though.

Hi Kiwimum, A few days ago I booked an international flight thru' EZAir for the first time. Could you elaborate on how you were able to select your seats please? LOL being new to this EZAir thingie I can't find where I can do this. Thanks in advance.

Not Kiwimum but have some international seat assignment experiences.

With most US airlines (not a US airline's code share on a non-US airline) it's possible to go to the airline's website to make a free seat assignment.

With most non-US airlines most passengers in basic coach have to pay a non-refundable fee to reserve a seat prior to check-in. For my EZair KLM flights we were able to pay for seat assignments on their website. That was before Princess paid for the tickets which I've read that with some airlines payment must be made before seats can be reserved.

Here's a copy of the form if a passenger's airline requires airfare payment before making seat reservations.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=402964&d=1485971097

So your experiences can vary based upon your airline's policies.

Hopefully others can share their experiences to give you a better idea of what may be expected.

• Like 1

Thanks Astro Flyer. We'll be flying Emirates from Singapore to Melbourne Australia so not involved with US airlines at all. Great choices and even better pricing thru' EZ Air Still a ways off until final payment so I'll wait until after that to check if I can choose our seats. LOL DH is being an old fusspot, he wants a window seat. :rolleyes: