FTTF release

cfr70

As of now, a total of 30 excursions have been tacked up for purchase for my January sailing, but not FTTF yet. Is this normal?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think FTTF is posted for purchase about 8 or 9 months ahead. Keep checking.

It should be posted this upcoming week or the following for sailings through May 2019. For my last 2 May sailings, it's opened mid-April the previous year. I figured it would of opened this past week but Carnival stated on its site that FTTF for spring 2019 will be released either by May 1 or on May 1.

It should be posted this upcoming week or the following for sailings through May 2019. For my last 2 May sailings, it's opened mid-April the previous year. I figured it would of opened this past week but Carnival stated on its site that FTTF for spring 2019 will be released either by May 1 or on May 1.

Thank you. I was apparently in the middle of posting when you posted this information.

Thanks so much for that info. I'll be checking each morning this coming week with credit card in hand lol. It was making me wonder what was up with it since 30 excursions were showing and no FTTF.

Us too! Just checked for our January sailing, and they have 49 excursions listed (!!!) but no FTTF. We're particularly antsy because we have four families traveling together, one of which has more than one cabin, so we need to snag 5 of them!

Glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the info about May 1, we'll keep checking multiple times a day.

FYI, if any of you are cruising on the Horizon, someone on here posted that FTTF won't be available until the December 2018 . The posting was kind of vague because it didn't say if that was the first cruise where it was available or if that was when it would show up to purchase it for future cruises.

Thanks so much for that info. I'll be checking each morning this coming week with credit card in hand lol. It was making me wonder what was up with it since 30 excursions were showing and no FTTF.

I booked my July 2018 cruise in January 2017 and FTTF became available on April 12, 2017.

I booked my July 2018 cruise in January 2017 and FTTF became available on April 12, 2017.

From that info i'm assuming that FTTF is released seasonal across the board fleetwide and not at a per ship basis as I originally thought. I'll come back and post when my sailing is released to alert anyone else looking...hopefully this week.

Last I heard, carnival had to first determine how many platinums/diamonds are on that particular cruise. There are only so many cabins they can get ready early, and plats/dias get first priority, then wedding parties, THEN comes an available FTTF slots.

Last I heard, carnival had to first determine how many platinums/diamonds are on that particular cruise. There are only so many cabins they can get ready early, and plats/dias get first priority, then wedding parties, THEN comes an available FTTF slots.

But they release it 15 months in advance, isn't it impossible to determine how many plats/diamonds are going to be on a particular sailing that far ahead?

But they release it 15 months in advance, isn't it impossible to determine how many plats/diamonds are going to be on a particular sailing that far ahead?

I would assume it would be impossible to know accurately, but I guess they can go by past history of plats/dias on each specific cruise. Again, just a guess, I'm certainly no expert. I make small attempts at using common sense. Carnival PVP could give you a more accurate response than anyone of the "experts" on this website.

If I remember correctly, when FTTF first came out, they released them in groups of fifteen. As the cruise got closer, they could determine how many P/Ds were cruising. If the numbers were low, they would add another set of FTTF. At final payment due date, more might become available if people canceled their cruise and had bought FTTF.

If I remember correctly, when FTTF first came out, they released them in groups of fifteen. As the cruise got closer, they could determine how many P/Ds were cruising. If the numbers were low, they would add another set of FTTF. At final payment due date, more might become available if people canceled their cruise and had bought FTTF.

This is what i'm thinking as well. There's an initial batch that gets released across the board fleetwide on a seasonal basis, and as individual sailings get closer they add more according to the amount of P/D bookings there are. Makes sense.

I am tracking our Feb 19 cruise as well. 26 excursions listed and they are slowly releasing those. I am checking on daily basis now for FTTF...

They threw up another excursion today for my sailing so i'm at 31 now but no FTTF. Will come back and post when it's available. Apparently, it should be available for all spring 2019 sailings sometime this week.