Cheers package limit 15 drinks includes....

scubamommy!

I am getting the cheers package, we like to indulge! We have gotten the drink package on Celebrity but they don't have a "limit". I know Carnival says it includes 15 drinks a day, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. Does the 15 drinks mean 15 adult beverages plus other drinks, or does that not include bottled waters, coffees and sodas in the 15 limit per day? Example: can I get 15 adult beverages AND as many waters/coffees as wanted? Or can I only get 10 adult beverages if I have 5 waters and coffees? Thank you.

I am getting the cheers package, we like to indulge! We have gotten the drink package on Celebrity but they don't have a "limit". I know Carnival says it includes 15 drinks a day, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. Does the 15 drinks mean 15 adult beverages plus other drinks, or does that not include bottled waters, coffees and sodas in the 15 limit per day? Example: can I get 15 adult beverages AND as many waters/coffees as wanted? Or can I only get 10 adult beverages if I have 5 waters and coffees? Thank you.

It's 15 Adult drinks per day. Water, specialty coffees, soda and such do not count toward the 15 drink limit.

It's 15 Adult drinks per day. Water, specialty coffees, soda and such do not count toward the 15 drink limit.

Good deal on Carnival - I read that on Holland America ALL drinks are included in the 15 drink limit including water, specialty coffees, and soda

Wow, I think this is the most response I have ever gotten on a CC board. I guess its true when you ask a Liquor Package Question, it gets more attention. BUT I will say once again, that I DID search the Carnival site and I DID search the CC board, I did NOT find this answer to this question on either! I also want to say that even when I see redundant questions on here I certainly don't condescend anyone for asking them. Some of us don't have all the time in the world to be on here every day seeing them over and over again. Some folks are new and don't know all the options to find answers they seek. I am grateful to those that are on here a lot and have the time to answer the same questions again and again in a nice friendly manner! THANK YOU! To those that feel the need to be nasty, I can only assume you will have the need for a question one day and will be treated the same way you treat others. As they say, Karma is only a b*tch, if you are! Have a great day, everyone! Make it count!

Cheers! program link

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
  • Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

15 limit restriction applies only to alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic drinks that are included with Cheers! do not count towards the 15 drink limit.

• Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

And here is a recent thread that addresses the same question the OP has that I found by doing a search

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2592387&highlight=cheers+limit

Edited by Keys2Heaven

I get Cheers each cruise and I always buy Cokes for my son and it has never counted towards my 15 drinks. And I think it’s a good question because a year ago I too had that question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am glad someone admits to this.

This is the top-most post about Cheers I can find so don't mind as I just jump in to ask a vaguely related question!

I know that there is the 15 drink limit and all of the things that are (and are not) included in that. I know that you can order a 'round' for your friends and your drink counts toward your package but the other drinks are charged to your SS account... so this may be a very stupid question, I guess. But I'm just looking for the clarification. What about room service drinks? They are not covered under your Cheers package and so they charge to your account, right? Can you do that with the Cheers package? Does it count against your per day limit? Can you still order room service alcoholic beverages even after you have hit your daily limit?

This is the top-most post about Cheers I can find so don't mind as I just jump in to ask a vaguely related question!

I know that there is the 15 drink limit and all of the things that are (and are not) included in that. I know that you can order a 'round' for your friends and your drink counts toward your package but the other drinks are charged to your SS account... so this may be a very stupid question, I guess. But I'm just looking for the clarification. What about room service drinks? They are not covered under your Cheers package and so they charge to your account, right? Can you do that with the Cheers package? Does it count against your per day limit? Can you still order room service alcoholic beverages even after you have hit your daily limit?

I’ve never gotten Cheers but I may have your answer as I read these Boards a lot. Someone asked about buying drinks after the 15 were reached. Another person answered that you shouldn’t get to 15 until you’re ready to quit. Get to 14, buy the next drinks you want then finish out the evening with your 15th. Hope that makes sense.

I guess my question would be, isn’t your sail/sign marked with a Cheers sticker? Will they let you just buy when they can clearly see you have Cheers?

I’ve never gotten Cheers but I may have your answer as I read these Boards a lot. Someone asked about buying drinks after the 15 were reached. Another person answered that you shouldn’t get to 15 until you’re ready to quit. Get to 14, buy the next drinks you want then finish out the evening with your 15th. Hope that makes sense.

I guess my question would be, isn’t your sail/sign marked with a Cheers sticker? Will they let you just buy when they can clearly see you have Cheers?

I've seen this recommended as well and when I tried to just buy a drink instead of using my Cheers they would not let me do it the last cruise I was on. I also tried to do the martini tasting at Alchemy and they would not allow me to as it was multiple drinks served at once and that is not allowed with Cheers, but they wouldn't allow me to just purchase the tasting, either, because I had Cheers.

Which, I guess, is why I'm wondering about room service. I know, I know, 15 drinks is a lot but I hit my limit at least 2 nights on my previous cruise (and came very close the other nights) so I just want to know what my options are. If it means I order a few room service drinks before dinner so that I can have the rest of my Cheers drinks for that night... well.... ;p;pclear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

From the FAQ I linked to:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

From the FAQ I linked to:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

I saw that but does this mean that, even though they are not covered under Cheers, I will be able to purchase them separately? As an example I was unable to separately purchase the martini tasting at Alchemy Bar because I had the Cheers package.

I saw that but does this mean that, even though they are not covered under Cheers, I will be able to purchase them separately? As an example I was unable to separately purchase the martini tasting at Alchemy Bar because I had the Cheers package.

Well that stinks about the Alchemy minis. We did this on Glory and a lot of fun. My daughter and I plan on getting Cheers next family cruise. Guess her brother who will be in a different cabin will have to buy the mini Martini’s 😄

Thank you so much! That was what really confused me, I guess. I did quite a bit of drinking at the Alchemy bar and remember having read about being able to buy drinks, off package, so long as you hadn't already hit your daily limit. But those bartenders specifically wouldn't allow it.

Now I'm not so confused because it seems like it was just those bartenders or that bar, maybe. I'll keep this all in mind come August :)

There is no reason you should have been prohibited from buying the Martini tasting. And you should be able to buy a drink ("for a friend") off-program prior to hitting 15. Not sure why the bartenders told you that.

I'm merely speculating here, but perhaps those bartenders were told that they couldn't serve to Cheers! holders for a Martini tasking?? Seem ludicrous, especially if one is buying their drinks. The only thing I can think of is that it would have violated the one drink every 5 minutes stipulation, as you would receive multiple drinks at once.

Even though we don't get Cheers!, it would be interesting to know others experiences involving paid tastings and whether or not having Cheers! impacted it.