Proposal ideas St Marteen June

BearcatCruisn

My gf and I are cruising Eastern Caribbean on Equinox in June with 2 couples. Looking for ideas to propose to my gf other than go to beach. Love the beach but any excursion suggestions to take us to unique places or views would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Why wait so long? Why not a romantic proposal aboard ship on your first or second night?

Don't know when you're sailing, but St. Maarten is still pretty battered and bruised from last year's hurricane.

Why wait so long? Why not a romantic proposal aboard ship on your first or second night?

Don't know when you're sailing, but St. Maarten is still pretty battered and bruised from last year's hurricane.

I put wrong stop lol. I mean St Thomas but can’t figure out how to edit name of thread. If I came up with good idea on board I wouldn’t be opposed to on board.

Well since you asked and are open to suggestions. 🤪

Take her on a catamaran tour. Throw her overboard. Ask her if she will marry you. Now it becomes sink or swin if she says yes than throw her a life jacket if no then oh well. It is her loss and never meant to be. 😱

OK we had our fun so let’s get serious.

Hope it works out for you and actually it doesnt have to be anything extraordinary or extra special. Just keep it simple and private because the way you propose doesn’t make it any more special or meaningful and is a serious commitment between you two and doesn’t need a audience.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree with Miched. What about a catamaran in St. Thomas that will take you to a secluded spot, cove or St. John. If you search TA, there are plenty of boat/tour operators who do catamaran/boat tours.

Also a Sunset Sail in San Juan would be a nice idea too.

Which Eastern Equinox sailing in June? There are only 2. We are on the 9th.

Here's an idea for onboard.

In Luminae they have a fabulous dessert called the flaming chocolate ball.

You'd have to ask the Maitre D' in whichever restaurant you would be eating in if they could make the arrangements for your proposal.

The ring could be wrapped in tin foil and placed inside the ice cream ball, which would then be surrounded by the chocolate ball. The desert is set on fire at the table. Your GF would “discover” the ring while eating her dessert. Talk about a surprise... 😊

I mentioned this on another thread on the same topic: Why not tell the Captain what you want to do and then ask him (or her) if you could go to the Bridge for the proposal? I was on a cruise with Capt. Nick and he was so happy to invited a couple to a "special visit" to the Bridge one evening. The prospective groom popped the question. She said "yes" and their friends and family met them in Michael's Club.

Hi there -- just noticed your sail date/ship. HERE'S a link to the roll call for that sailing. We're still in need of several more people to sign up for the Celebrity (Cruise Critic) Connections Party in order for Celebrity to host it (minimum of 25 people I believe). Drop on by and say HI - :D

Thanks,

Tom

My gf and I are cruising Eastern Caribbean on Equinox in June with 2 couples. Looking for ideas to propose to my gf other than go to beach. Love the beach but any excursion suggestions to take us to unique places or views would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I suggest you contact Celebrity and ask to speak with the Event Coordinator. This person will give you some ideas and may even come up with others that you have not thought of. A lot has to do with whether or not your girlfriend would like to be in a "public place" for this special event or to be alone with you. Doing a proposal in a specialty restaurant or another dining venue can be uncomfortable for some people. Your girlfriend may just prefer to have a romantic moment with the two of you.

In the end I'm sure what ever ideas you take away from here or whatever you choose to do on your own your soon to be wife will be thrilled.

Just remember not to keep the ring highly visible in the safe. This happened on a recent cruise we were on.....the surprise was ruined when the gent's girlfriend opened the safe and found the ring box. Obviously you need to keep the ring in the safe but I suggest you hide it in something else that is also in the safe.

Come back and let us know how you plan to do the proposal.

May you have a long and happy life together. Congratulations.

You'd have to ask the Maitre D' in whichever restaurant you would be eating in if they could make the arrangements for your proposal.

The ring could be wrapped in tin foil and placed inside the ice cream ball, which would then be surrounded by the chocolate ball. The desert is set on fire at the table. Your GF would “discover” the ring while eating her dessert. Talk about a surprise... 😊

I love your idea but.....what happens if she swallows it? :eek:

Assuming, of course, that she takes small bites of ice cream. Right? :evilsmile:

Don’t propose with the real ring on the beach or a catamaran! Get a plastic ring with a huge stone for that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At first I chuckled when I read your response...but the more I thought about it, the more I think it's really good advice. Get a swarovski "diamond" ring for about $20 and give her the real one when you're home. You won't have to worry about losing it in the Caribbean Sea or swallowing it...or lost in your luggage! :hearteyes:

I put wrong stop lol. I mean St Thomas but can’t figure out how to edit name of thread. If I came up with good idea on board I wouldn’t be opposed to on board.

Arrange for a taxi to the Mountain Top Tramway. Since you probably will be at Crown Bay, a taxi will be needed. You will be looking over Havensight ant St. THomas. As other's have said, don't pack the ring in your suitcase, food where it can get eaten, or bring it to a beach setting where it could be dropped in the sand. I recommend a reliable vendor from St. Thomas; Papa Bear real name Armitage from Have Fun with us Tours or Air Force One. Look him up on-line and contact him to see if he can make any local recommendations. He's a great family man and tour provider.

My son actually proposed to his wife on a Baltic cruise with us on Connie years ago and he brought the real ring with him. It was a port intensive cruise, so we were on the go almost every day and it was hard trying to find the right moment to propose. In the end he did it on the next to last day of the cruise while they were alone in their cabin. She was over the moon and beaming for the rest of the trip which we spent in London. We enjoyed seeing them so happy, taking selfies in Hyde Park while making sure her ring was quite visible.

To the OP, wherever and whatever method you choose to propose, I wish you and your GF all the best for this special occasion. ❤️

The ONLY 'bad' cruise I ever had was decades ago. Two days into a week long cruise, My boyfriend of the moment got down on one knee in the middle of one of the lounges.

With 30 - 40 people watching, enchanted by the romantic moment, my answer to his proposal was "Umm, can we discuss this later?"

I spent the rest of the cruise hearing passengers whisper as I walked by "that's the girl who..." Obviously, going back our shared cabin with the pushed together beds was incredibly awkward. (in 20+ cruises this was the ONLY time I regretted having an inside cabin). My humiliation was exceeded only by his.

We broke up the day we disembarked.

The ONLY 'bad' cruise I ever had was decades ago. Two days into a week long cruise, My boyfriend of the moment got down on one knee in the middle of one of the lounges.

With 30 - 40 people watching, enchanted by the romantic moment, my answer to his proposal was "Umm, can we discuss this later?"

I spent the rest of the cruise hearing passengers whisper as I walked by "that's the girl who..." Obviously, going back our shared cabin with the pushed together beds was incredibly awkward. (in 20+ cruises this was the ONLY time I regretted having an inside cabin). My humiliation was exceeded only by his.

We broke up the day we disembarked.

Did he pay for cruise or did you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I was proposed to last week in St. Kitts. We went to Carambola (sp) for the day and he ended up booking us to go parasailing. I was terrified and when we got up there, he had the ring on his hand and asked me. I never saw if before hand or had a clue. It will always be remembered. Told our room steward when we got back on the ship (probably told everyone) and had a heart of rose petals on our bed after dinner. Good luck!!

Forget all other ideas...just book Murano’s first night of cruise, chat to the M’D and arrange for the ring to be under the silver dome as your girl friends ‘meal’ is revealed.....If you do it first night you can spend the rest of the vacation celebrating!

Sincere best wishes!

From a women's point of view - get on the ship and find a quiet location. If you have a balcony room, I would suggest there. Get down on 1 knee and speak from your heart. That will be the most memorable and romantic. Have some champagne handy and watch the sail away. Honestly - do it as soon as you get on board! You will be more relaxed and everything will be so much more enjoyable, trust me;);)